Photo
- - - - -

Back in the hunt for the 1st overall pick..

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#76 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Let's Go Royals!_

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,344 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

God man

This team is heading for like 4 years of suckiness with these many holes and fuged up contracts

Uhhh, you mean 4 more years?

#77 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

We can compete in our division....new coach...number one receiver smith in the slot

#78 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

We need to address some of these needs in free agency. I would prefer to address FS, WR, and CB in free agency, but I'm definitely ready to get a DT in the first round.

#79 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,691 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Whichever draft nets us an OT and Rhodes i'll be content

#80 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

God man

This team is heading for like 4 years of suckiness with these many holes and fuged up contracts

A good head coach can turn it all around

#81 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,628 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Star Lotulelei. Just sayin'.

#82 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

We are 3-9. Chiefs and Jags are 2-10.

Chiefs have two winnable games left, although both are road games: @Cleveland & @Oakland.

Jags have three winnable games left: they host the Jets and play @Miami & @Tennessee

I suppose we could win vs. the Chargers, Raiders, and Saints.... but I don't trust us.

Please keep losing, Panthers! It will be better for you!!!

#83 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

DT is the QB of defense in that, if you're in a position to draft an elite prospect at the position, you generally don't pass unless you flat-out have that position covered. It's just too hard to find top notch players at the position.

Star should be the pick. Not even really a question at this point, IMO, unless we get a killer trade-down offer.

#84 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,501 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

In the worst draft since 2000.. what a prize

In my opinion, this is a very good draft for our needs. Top need DT? GREAT DT prospects in this draft. Big needs at RG, WR, FS? Very good prospects at G and some good potential guys (though no "can't miss" prospects) at WR and FS. That looks like our draft order to me. DT in the 1st, OG or WR in the 2nd (or OT if there's a good prospect) and FS in FA and/or the 4th/trade-up into the 3rd.

LT isn't an immediate need, but will be before too long. I think Gross is playing so poorly because the the whole O-line is out of synch. Get Kalil back in there and the whole O-line will be playing better, including Gross.

#85 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

We need to pick up a safety early in the draft

#86 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

The bad news is under our cap situation I don't see how improvement is possible for a couple more years. Its going to take a while for things to get fiscally right thanks to Hurney.

#87 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

The bad news is under our cap situation I don't see how improvement is possible for a couple more years. Its going to take a while for things to get fiscally right thanks to Hurney.

The reason for those contracts is still very much with us, sitting in the owner's box.

#88 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

I think the Eagles will end up with the top pick..

We got a top 5 pick guaranteed at this point though...I'm predicting 2nd

#89 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

This draft is loaded at defensive tackle. Star is obviously a beast. Shelden Richardson--kind of a head case, I know--is one of the best athletes available in the draft. 6'4", 295, and he played offense and returned kicks in high school and junior college before playing great football against SEC offensive lines. Johnathan Hankins is a big anchor.

If Richardson's personality issues get resolved, I think he will go in the top ten. He's going to destroy the combine. Star is obviously a top five guy. This might have been one of the better drafts for us to get a high pick in. I'm going to be decimated if we go somewhere else.

#90 Guest_Pablo Honey_*

Guest_Pablo Honey_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

This draft is loaded at defensive tackle. Star is obviously a beast. Shelden Richardson--kind of a head case, I know--is one of the best athletes available in the draft. 6'4", 295, and he played offense and returned kicks in high school and junior college before playing great football against SEC offensive lines. Johnathan Hankins is a big anchor.

If Richardson's personality issues get resolved, I think he will go in the top ten. He's going to destroy the combine. Star is obviously a top five guy. This might have been one of the better drafts for us to get a high pick in. I'm going to be decimated if we go somewhere else.

Jonathan Hankins is the best DT in this draft. The competition he faces is so much stronger, and even with nagging injuries he performs at a high level and makes an impact.

We need more of a run stuffing nose tackle, since we found a solid stop gap player in Dwan Edwards.

Star is a hell of a player but I think that Hankins would be more successful as a DT if we were to go that route.

I'm a firm believer in drafting either Luke Joeckel or Chance Warmack, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com