Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Real reason we suck....more evidence

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kevin Greene' timestamp='1354491855' post='2027857']
DWill did what he's done his entire career as a starter.
Averaged 5 yards a carry.
But only 12 attempts. :thumbsd:
[/quote]
Yeah....that isn't actually true anymore. Which is why his career ypc isn't 5 ypc any longer.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Marguide' timestamp='1354492667' post='2027893']
Of all the things to b!tch about, why pick out the guy that's put up 7 TD's in the last 6 days without a turnover?

He's one of the few actually earning his paycheck at this point.
[/quote]

Not bitching.

Just my observations of what I saw today.

He does need to work on moving his feet and sliding in the pocket. Once he does, he'll improve and be able to make plays more quickly as he will have better passing lanes leading to less batted balls,
more time for his WRs to work back to him, and let him have some chance of completing passes in
bad situations.

He has looked good against two inferior offenses.

My opinion is I'd prefer not to see the ridiculous 1st down celebration for the QB of a team that lost to a team worse then they are.

Others are free to feel differently.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We quite possibly have the worst coaching staff to ever be fielded in the NFL.

I'd question Rivera's ability to win big time HS games, much less college or NFL.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='raleigh-panther' timestamp='1354494218' post='2027963']

Not bitching.

Just my observations of what I saw today.

He does need to work on moving his feet and sliding in the pocket. Once he does, he'll improve and be able to make plays more quickly as he will have better passing lanes leading to less batted balls,
more time for his WRs to work back to him, and let him have some chance of completing passes in
bad situations.

He has looked good against two inferior offenses.

My opinion is I'd prefer not to see the ridiculous 1st down celebration for the QB of a team that lost to a team worse then they are.

Others are free to feel differently.
[/quote]

Hard for a QB to "feel" and move his way in the pocket with concistsnt bad G play and T play. The great QBs who move up in the pocket have good and consistant G play.

And the Eagles D sucks.....not the one he just played. That is the one that just held Peyton to a season low. They can play, there O just screws them.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1354494192' post='2027960']
Yeah....that isn't actually true anymore. Which is why his career ypc isn't 5 ypc any longer.
[/quote]

I beg forgiveness, his career average before this game was 4.9 ypc.

[url="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillDe02.htm"]http://www.pro-footb.../W/WillDe02.htm[/url]
Maybe with todays 5.6 ypc average it will be back to 5. :thumbsu:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Fox007' timestamp='1354494306' post='2027966']
We quite possibly have the worst coaching staff to ever be fielded in the NFL.

I'd question Rivera's ability to win big time HS games, much less college or NFL.
[/quote]

THIS.

Chud and McD have their pros and cons.....Rivera just isn't a HC and that kills us.

Posted · Report post

100% Agreed.

The coaching kills us all the time it's our main issue. Players will make mistakes and Hurney didn't help but the coaching doesn't even give us a chance to play respectfully. Easily the biggest problem. People say we are inproving but we are on pace for a worse record this year and frankly, I don't see coaching improving, and it shouldn't be hard to improve coaching aspects from last year.

Posted · Report post

You can blame coaching all you want. But too many players on this team make too many unforced errors. False starts. 12 men on the field. Encroachment. Personal fouls. Dropping perfect passes. These are professional athletes who know they're not supposed to make these mistakes--especially in December.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Upper Deck West End Zone' timestamp='1354497055' post='2028106']
You can blame coaching all you want. But too many players on this team make too many unforced errors. False starts. 12 men on the field. Encroachment. Personal fouls. Dropping perfect passes. These are professional athletes who know they're not supposed to make these mistakes--especially in December.
[/quote]

Pretty sure dumb penalties is yet another thing pointing to..... poor coaching.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Other than Cam, it's absolutely amazing how bad our 2011 draft was.

Posted · Report post

After this crap season is over Im going to review all the games and break down the Good,the Bad, and the Ugly of this team. Should be very interesting.

Posted · Report post

So does this game, unofficially, make us the worst team in the league?