Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera believes he will finish out the season.

38 posts in this topic

Posted

i think i'll become a 49er fan until rivera's gone (mainly because i like harbaugh).

seriously i hate the mentality this team has. until they can prove otherwise with their GM and HC choices, i have no choice but to believe that this is a soft team with no sign of having the balls to make themselves relevant.

i'm just pissed and tired of this crap. not sure how much more i can handle.

yeah same.

I'm rooting for the Colts as well.

Posted

It absolutely makes sense to fire him now and i've said it before and I'll say it again. It puts you on the radar early for coaches considering their options, it's isolates the issues to see if they lie in the specific coaching or the players themselves, it also allows someone to come in the meantime who won't necessarily keep players like gettis in the doghouse, and you could potentially see what you have in players who don't see much game time, in games that don't matter, before making decisions about next season. Not to mention it gives the message to the fans, those who pay the bills, that mediocre doesn't cut it and changes are happening.

No matter how you spin it, keeping him serves almost no purpose, especially when you're getting a new GM who will, 9 times out of 10, want his own coaching staff.

Posted

I love all the personal attacks the huddle takes at Ron. He is a great defensive coach & seems to be a very nice individual. Very few people have what it takes to bean NFL coach. It doesn't make it any easier when your first shot is with the least talented team in the NFL. He is doing his best & has represented our franchise very well in & off the field.

It didn't work out here in Carolina but Ron is still giving 100% & not giving up. He will go on to be a very successful DC elsewhere. The comments you people make about him are unwarranted & useless. He still knows more about football than everyone on this board combined. He will be the most sought after coach for a coordinator position this offseason.

Posted

Neither him nor Chud should be allowed to finish the flight back to Charlotte, let along the remainder of a lost season.

Interim HC and OC will be fine for all that cannot be accomplished in the next 4 weeks.

Posted

Never seen such a vanilla defense in my life, and who the hell is going to be threatened by us sugaring the A Gaps, when we never actually blitz.

Posted

We're Panthers fans... I don't want to, but we can live through 4 more weeks of this poo. It'll be over soon.

Posted

No need to fire him right now.

I think he's horrible but he may just be a bad fit here. Belichick only had one good season in Cleveland.

LOL did you just compare Rivera with Belichick , i want what you're Smoking :cigar:

Posted

he's crashing this plane. might as well be on it when it hits ground.

not sure it matters at this point.

he lost to the chiefs.

what happens when you lose to the worst team in the league? you take their place as the worst team.

good job rivera. you've finally done it. you've earned your way out of your first (and probably only) HC job. go pretend you are an aggressive coach somewhere else.

Agreed. This guy is a freaking clown. We now see why no one hired him as a HC although he had numerous interviews.

Many changes need to be made, not sure if JR will do it.

Posted

It's pointless now, let him finish in shame. You can't even really send a message since Chud or McDermott would be interim and they're as much to blame as Rivera. It should have been done weeks ago.

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL did you just compare Rivera with Belichick ,

Nope. Just used Belichick as an example of a bad fit because he sucked at Cleavland.

Posted

Are the owners still getting their % of the pie chart? Then JR is happy.

Posted

I'd like him, OC, DC gone before 8a.m. tomorrow. Let the equipment manager run the team - just be gone with this group of useless coaches.