#136 BadMoonRising

BadMoonRising

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMonroe, LA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

With this coaching staff and offense? Not a single one.

I disagree but I respect your opinion. Cam still has a huge ceiling but Luck was bread to play QB from birth by a football family, there was no question coming into the league that Luck would be ready to go.

I think Cam has a way to go to reach his potential and needs a much better coaching staff than luck does to reach it, Luck was precoached and Rivera could only screw it up so much..

#137 BadMoonRising

BadMoonRising

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMonroe, LA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Running the read option as his base set for half a season?

Three or less.

No way they run that with Luck at the helm, their not that stupid are they?

#138 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,314 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

imagine it's 2010 and you're a fan of another team. you play the panthers this week and they're just horrible. easy win, right?

what would you think if you tuned in on sunday to witness your quarterback put up 3 TDs with no INTs and be the leading rusher for your team but at the same time jimmy clausen slices your defense up for 27 points and the loss? would you blame the quarterback?

#139 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

No way they run that with Luck at the helm, their not that stupid are they?

Why not? Cam performed at a high level running a pro set last season and they changed it up. Luck has some wheels, you know Chud would want to use them in a brilliant attempt to create mismatches especially considering Luck is INT prone.

#140 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

imagine it's 2010 and you're a fan of another team. you play the panthers this week and they're just horrible. easy win, right?

what would you think if you tuned in on sunday to witness your quarterback put up 3 TDs with no INTs and be the leading rusher for your team but at the same time jimmy clausen slices your defense up for 27 points and the loss? would you blame the quarterback?

That depends. Did the quarterback whup my SEC team once upon a time?

#141 BadMoonRising

BadMoonRising

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMonroe, LA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Why not? Cam performed at a high level running a pro set last season and they changed it up. Luck has some wheels, you know Chud would want to use them in a brilliant attempt to create mismatches especially considering Luck is INT prone.

I liking this as joke, Luck as a runner is a Volkswagen Rabbit compared to Cam the Camaro.

#142 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

I liking this as joke, Luck as a runner is a Volkswagen Rabbit compared to Cam the Camaro.

I was joking a little because I agree that we wouldn't have tried to switch to this bullshit offense year two with Luck. We shouldn't have with Cam.

Luck DOES have some wheels though. He's not as shifty but he can scoot. He's really only a hair slower than Newton.

#143 BadMoonRising

BadMoonRising

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMonroe, LA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

I was joking a little because I agree that we wouldn't have tried to switch to this bullshit offense year two with Luck. We shouldn't have with Cam.

Luck DOES have some wheels though. He's not as shifty but he can scoot. He's really only a hair slower than Newton.

Fair enough, but Cam is also a Mac Truck!

#144 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,287 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

BadMoon, let me explain why you're abysmally wrong here:

1) Luck isn't anywhere as smart as the media makes him out to be. The kid has a lot of the gunslinger mentality in him, and while his pre-snap recognition is good for a rookie his post-snap recognition is downright awful. He also locks onto his reads way more often than any "pro-ready" prospect should.

2) Anyone with a modicum of football understanding would have noticed that Luck's sudden improvement yesterday occurred at exactly the same point the Lions started playing prevent defense, once again proving that prevent defense only prevents you from winning (take a f*cking note, Ron!)

3) PFF gave Luck the worst QB grade of all QBs who played yesterday, even worse than Mark Sanchez and Ryan Lindley. He was ABYSMAL.

#145 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

And you will see what RG3 does, only knows how to hit WIDE open receivers in busted coverages and screen passes when there not he checks it down. I have not see him make the kind of throws Cam and Luck make.

#146 BadMoonRising

BadMoonRising

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMonroe, LA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

BadMoon, let me explain why you're abysmally wrong here:

1) Luck isn't anywhere as smart as the media makes him out to be. The kid has a lot of the gunslinger mentality in him, and while his pre-snap recognition is good for a rookie his post-snap recognition is downright awful. He also locks onto his reads way more often than any "pro-ready" prospect should.

2) Anyone with a modicum of football understanding would have noticed that Luck's sudden improvement yesterday occurred at exactly the same point the Lions started playing prevent defense, once again proving that prevent defense only prevents you from winning (take a f*cking note, Ron!)

3) PFF gave Luck the worst QB grade of all QBs who played yesterday, even worse than Mark Sanchez and Ryan Lindley. He was ABYSMAL.

Is that the only game Luck has played all season? Has Luck's QBR been crap all season.

Please don't think I am bashing Cam and get defensive, its just my opinion of when I have watched Luck he has been remarkable for a rookie, but I also know its a product of his upraising. Everyone has bad games, check Ryan at Arizona and Brees at Altanta.

Also I don;t blame Cam for the Panther's seasons failure, sure he was a bit off this year but Cam is young and will only get better.

#147 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,287 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Is that the only game Luck has played all season? Has Luck's QBR been crap all season.

Please don't think I am bashing Cam and get defensive, its just my opinion of when I have watched Luck he has been remarkable for a rookie, but I also know its a product of his upraising. Everyone has bad games, check Ryan at Arizona and Brees at Altanta.

Also I don;t blame Cam for the Panther's seasons failure, sure he was a bit off this year but Cam is young and will only get better.

Upraising? Oh, Lord. Oliver Luck was a shitty quarterback. Aaron Rodgers' dad is a chiropractor. There's no connection. Stop inventing one. Hell, Cam's dad was a safety and tried out for the Cowboys, does that count?

I've actually been pretty damn disappointed in Luck this year. The media gives him characteristics which are entirely undeserved and his play blatantly contradicts. He's been downright rookie-ish a majority of the time as a passer, and the comparisons between him and Manning are laughable. Manning's problem as a rookie wasn't that he made stupid mistakes (though he had his fair share of those) but that he hadn't figured out the NFL passing windows yet and attempted passes his arm couldn't make. Luck's. . .some of his throws honestly make me think of Bad Jake. Like "where the hell was that supposed to go?" bad.

Now, in Luck's favor, his offense has him attempting some absolutely retarded plays at time. I like Bruce Arians and would love for him to come coach us next year but he's got to realize he's still dealing with a rookie. There's no reason Luck should be throwing the ball 50 times a game.

#148 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,000 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

defense gave him the ball TWICE in the 4th with 8 & 4 mins left...Cam isn't to blame but the D gave him multiple stops late in the 4th

Although the statement above is true and there are often issues with the offense late in games, but the majority of it is not on Cam.

Our offense right now just struggles to get any rhythm and consistency. Part of that is on Chud (more than half) and part is on Cam.

Before you bash me, just hear me out.

Chud's playcalling has been terrible. He consistently calls plays that puts the offense in down and distance hell. But, Cam has a tendancy to add to that issue.

He needs to learn to have the mental clock in the pocket. You have about 4 seconds in this league and then MUST get the ball out. If the play is not there, find your check down or throw it out of bounds. Cam works too hard to make the big play....and thus oftens holds the ball too long.

Take the check down....move the chains....and live to fight another series with the big play.

But, that being said.....Cam DID have a very good game yesterday.

#149 BadMoonRising

BadMoonRising

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMonroe, LA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Upraising? Oh, Lord. Oliver Luck was a shitty quarterback. Aaron Rodgers dad is a chiropractor. There's no connection. Stop inventing one. Hell, Cam's dad was a safety and tried out for the Cowboys, does that count?

your telling me that, Luck's dad coaching him since he was young to be an NFL QB didn't effect his current ability at QB?

His a ability to do pre-reads, or his QB mechanics? you don;t think they spent time in film rooms together sharing knowledge and a love for a sport?

not every NFL players has that, that doesn't mean they are not great I am just saying its helped prepare Luck for the NFL. If you can't agree with that, then I will bow out because as a father I know I teach my kids everything I know.

#150 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,682 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Although the statement above is true and there are often issues with the offense late in games, but the majority of it is not on Cam.

Our offense right now just struggles to get any rhythm and consistency. Part of that is on Chud (more than half) and part is on Cam.

Before you bash me, just hear me out.

Chud's playcalling has been terrible. He consistently calls plays that puts the offense in down and distance hell. But, Cam has a tendancy to add to that issue.

He needs to learn to have the mental clock in the pocket. You have about 4 seconds in this league and then MUST get the ball out. If the play is not there, find your check down or throw it out of bounds. Cam works too hard to make the big play....and thus oftens holds the ball too long.

Take the check down....move the chains....and live to fight another series with the big play.

But, that being said.....Cam DID have a very good game yesterday.

This is Chud we are talking about. His version of a check down is usually a 20 yard out on the far side of the field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com