196 replies to this topic

#166 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,612 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I mentioned this earlier, how the hell do you not get scheduled to play a division opponent for the first time till week 13?? The scheduling over the past couple years has been bizarre. and it seems like it has favored everybody but us.

That's not possible. Every team plays 6 divisional games, so there is no way the first one could come in week 13.

#167 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Chuds playcalling has been horrible all season, i was literally begging at the tv screen to get out that shotgun formation on the second to last drive with 3 minutes left. We had time to work the ball all down the field and you make it painfully obvious to the defense to pin ears back and go get the QB when he is not under center and we rarely ever run any RB draw plays only read options. This hasnt been the offense at all we were running last year and its killed our season.McDermott, and Chud are position coaches at best. Rivera is not a head coach.

#168 Avacashay

Avacashay

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

That's not possible. Every team plays 6 divisional games, so there is no way the first one could come in week 13.

When he says "a divisional opponent" I think he specifically means the Texans, I don't think he means any divisional opponent at all.

#169 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,995 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

This is Chud we are talking about. His version of a check down is usually a 20 yard out on the far side of the field.

Like I said, most of it is on Chud. But, on that last attempted drive, Cam had DWill wide open on the checkdown....but instead tried to force it down the field into double coverage.

There is a fine line with too many check downs and not enough check downs.

Clausen was check down king.....Cam never likes to check down.

He will continue to get better and will learn that taking the 3-4 yards they give you keeps the chains moving. It is just part of the maturation process that every QB has to go through....including Cam.

#170 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Im sorry, i meant that they arent scheduled to play Houston for the first time till week 15

#171 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

luck is going to throw for more yards than cam but cam almost rushed for 1000 yards.

he is going to have more ints and fumbles too.

i like how he comes back in the 4th but he his competition is sorry.

luck;s playing decent but they have better coaching staff

#172 Makish

Makish

Your In the Danger Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Not to pile on ,but can someone tell why Cam overthrows 5-6 times a game , 4 with little pressure

#173 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,608 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Not to pile on ,but can someone tell why Cam overthrows 5-6 times a game , 4 with little pressure

footwork. the same reason every QB misses a pass every sunday.

#174 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,124 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

These little criticisms bother me a little bit. I mean, yes it is true that if every pass that Cam ever threw was perfect he would be a lot better. He would also have a completion percentage of 90% and have 50 TDs.

5-6 missed throws in a game are not unique to Cam Newton. Unless your team has Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees you are likely to see 5-6 missed throws every single Sunday.

But yes it is true that if every pass Cam Newton threw was perfect he would be the greatest QB ever.

#175 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Find me a qb in this league who is perfect and never overthrows or underthrows their receiver.

#176 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

These little criticisms bother me a little bit. I mean, yes it is true that if every pass that Cam ever threw was perfect he would be a lot better. He would also have a completion percentage of 90% and have 50 TDs.

5-6 missed throws in a game are not unique to Cam Newton. Unless your team has Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees you are likely to see 5-6 missed throws every single Sunday.

But yes it is true that if every pass Cam Newton threw was perfect he would be the greatest QB ever.

Ironically all those elite qbs you listed also over and underthrow their receivers at times. Brees himself threw 5 interceptions the previous game and brady threw an int in his game.

#177 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,612 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Im sorry, i meant that they arent scheduled to play Houston for the first time till week 15

My bad. I get it now.

QB's typically complete about 60% of their passes. Same could be asked of 31 other QB's.

#178 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,124 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Now that I snapped your head off, part of the problem is when he has pressure and throws off balance. That will happen to everyone.

But one other thing I think that happens when he doesn't have pressure, is he might see the receiver coming open a little late. Or sometimes he is trying to throw into a really tight window.

When these type things happen, he has a tendency to try and put too much heat on the ball. Sometimes it works out, but when he tries to generate too much speed he has a tendency to release the ball early because his arm is coming through faster than normal. It is like pitching or golf, in order to be consistent your body has to work as one.

When he throws in rhythm he is usually very accurate. It is when he reaches for a little bit extra that he gets a little wild.

#179 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,282 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Now that I snapped your head off, part of the problem is when he has pressure and throws off balance. That will happen to everyone.

But one other thing I think that happens when he doesn't have pressure, is he might see the receiver coming open a little late. Or sometimes he is trying to throw into a really tight window.

When these type things happen, he has a tendency to try and put too much heat on the ball. Sometimes it works out, but when he tries to generate too much speed he has a tendency to release the ball early because his arm is coming through faster than normal. It is like pitching or golf, in order to be consistent your body has to work as one.

When he throws in rhythm he is usually very accurate. It is when he reaches for a little bit extra that he gets a little wild.

Yeah, when Cam loads up that howitzer things can get a little crazy. I swear some of those passes have to be breaking the sound barrier.

#180 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

But it's not just Cam failing or Luck succeeding. For example, in our last real chance yesterday, one of our plays was a screen. It was executed perfectly by the QB and the back, but the defense anticipated the play and blew it up. That is not a failure by Cam. So how do you extrapolate from that and say that Cam hasn't gotten it done? It's a team thing, not an individual thing.

I can't...and I don't think anyone can. But the play that luck won the game on yesterday was a play that wasn't executed perfectly but he got it in the end zone. I'm not saying Luck had anything to do with it but what I'm saying is there is an obvious difference in some QB's ability to move the team in those situations and Cam's right now. Your guess is as good as mine but I think its just something he is learning how to do and we have to be patient.

Take Jake for instance, he was great at willing his team to victory at times...moving the ball down field and winning games. He wasn't the best QB in the league, far from it but he won games. Cam needs to do more of that to silence the critics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com