#181 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I can't...and I don't think anyone can. But the play that luck won the game on yesterday was a play that wasn't executed perfectly but he got it in the end zone. I'm not saying Luck had anything to do with it but what I'm saying is there is an obvious difference in some QB's ability to move the team in those situations and Cam's right now. Your guess is as good as mine but I think its just something he is learning how to do and we have to be patient.

Take Jake for instance, he was great at willing his team to victory at times...moving the ball down field and winning games. He wasn't the best QB in the league, far from it but he won games. Cam needs to do more of that to silence the critics.

. . .If I facepalmed any harder right now I wouldn't have a head left.

I utterly despise the stupid, ignorant, completely unfounded and irrational belief that anyone can "will" anything to happen in football. You know why it's such a popular sentiment amongst fans and stupid sportswriters? BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE GAME OF FOOTBALL.

You know why Luck got that TD at the end? Because the offensive coordinator called for four routes in the endzone and for Avery to leak underneath. All the people in the endzone drew all the defenders, Avery was left uncovered, Luck almost ran over the line of scrimmage before dumping it off to him, and he ran untouched into the end zone. That game was won by terrible defensive playcalling and a great offensive play call. Period. End of story.

On the flip side, we are the retarded defense that other QBs earn their comeback win credits on.

Cam's worst game as a pro was the Seattle nightmare, and that was one game he legitimately failed on a comeback drive by one-hopping the game-winning TD. But outside of that, he's had several games where he's scored last and the defense gives the lead up as time expires or with less than a minute on the clock. I can think of at least four games that would have counted as "game-winning" drives if the defense had done their goddamn jobs.

All this idiotic talk about "will" and "clutchness" and other nonsense is just lazy explanations for perfectly rational outcomes based on the situations, players and coaching involved. For example, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt we were going to lose the Bears game less than two plays into the Bears last drive when Norman was targeted repeatedly and yet did not change his coverage. It was a mere formality at that point.

I'm tired of hearing about Luck, and I'm tired of so-called Panthers fans slamming our QB because the media has them believing the horseshit that Cam lacks something that the anointed ones like Luck has. The only thing Cam lacks is goddamn competent coaching staff.

#182 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

I can't...and I don't think anyone can. But the play that luck won the game on yesterday was a play that wasn't executed perfectly but he got it in the end zone. I'm not saying Luck had anything to do with it but what I'm saying is there is an obvious difference in some QB's ability to move the team in those situations and Cam's right now. Your guess is as good as mine but I think its just something he is learning how to do and we have to be patient.

Take Jake for instance, he was great at willing his team to victory at times...moving the ball down field and winning games. He wasn't the best QB in the league, far from it but he won games. Cam needs to do more of that to silence the critics.

A good start is giving him more freedom to audible, something they've done the last couple of weeks (and ironically, right after they started catching grief for not giving him the freedom to do it). Too often, he just goes out there and runs what he's given, and that is hurting his development. Make him take his lumps and learn like everyone else.

You're right though, patience is required.

#183 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• HUDDLER
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

A good start is giving him more freedom to audible, something they've done the last couple of weeks (and ironically, right after they started catching grief for not giving him the freedom to do it). Too often, he just goes out there and runs what he's given, and that is hurting his development. Make him take his lumps and learn like everyone else.

You're right though, patience is required.

Oh God, yes. Speaking of which, did anyone else notice Cam correctly recognized the Cheifs blitz, called it out to his line, and then made that perfect bomb to LaFell that he then dropped like an idiot?

#184 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,018 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

footwork. the same reason every QB misses a pass every sunday.

But, he does seem to BADLY miss 4-6 tunes a game. But, you are correct that it is footwork and being late in his progressions.

Most (myself included) believed that Dam was a bit raw coming out of college. I still think he is. The reads, progressions (being quicker), and more consistent footwork are the things that he should and will work on. He is not a finished product...far from it.

#185 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• HUDDLER
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

But, he does seem to BADLY miss 4-6 tunes a game. But, you are correct that it is footwork and being late in his progressions.

Most (myself included) believed that Dam was a bit raw coming out of college. I still think he is. The reads, progressions (being quicker), and more consistent footwork are the things that he should and will work on. He is not a finished product...far from it.

He's not even close. But he is progressing. What I love seeing is how much better he is getting at pump fakes and moving the defense around with his eyes. That TD throw to Smitty, he started on the opposite side of the field like he was going to hit Olsen down the right sideline, then came all the way back and put a perfect throw right on Smitty for the score. The safety was nowhere near the play.

#186 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Colin who?

Colin C-O-W-D-U-N-G

#187 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Just annoncuned on Sportsnation that the show is moving to LA in jan and Colin wont be making the move.

#188 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,304 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

4th quarter comebacks is the most overrated stat in football. Probably in all of sports.

#189 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

colin coward

#190 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

I utterly despise the stupid, ignorant, completely unfounded and irrational belief that anyone can "will" anything to happen in football. You know why it's such a popular sentiment amongst fans and stupid sportswriters? BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE GAME OF FOOTBALL.

You know why Luck got that TD at the end? Because the offensive coordinator called for four routes in the endzone and for Avery to leak underneath. All the people in the endzone drew all the defenders, Avery was left uncovered, Luck almost ran over the line of scrimmage before dumping it off to him, and he ran untouched into the end zone. That game was won by terrible defensive playcalling and a great offensive play call. Period. End of story.

On the flip side, we are the retarded defense that other QBs earn their comeback win credits on.

Cam's worst game as a pro was the Seattle nightmare, and that was one game he legitimately failed on a comeback drive by one-hopping the game-winning TD. But outside of that, he's had several games where he's scored last and the defense gives the lead up as time expires or with less than a minute on the clock. I can think of at least four games that would have counted as "game-winning" drives if the defense had done their goddamn jobs.

All this idiotic talk about "will" and "clutchness" and other nonsense is just lazy explanations for perfectly rational outcomes based on the situations, players and coaching involved. For example, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt we were going to lose the Bears game less than two plays into the Bears last drive when Norman was targeted repeatedly and yet did not change his coverage. It was a mere formality at that point.

I'm tired of hearing about Luck, and I'm tired of so-called Panthers fans slamming our QB because the media has them believing the horseshit that Cam lacks something that the anointed ones like Luck has. The only thing Cam lacks is goddamn competent coaching staff.

One of the greatest post this forum has ever seen.

#191 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Apprarently Cowherd trashed Cam again today on his radio show. I didn't hear but from twitter it appears he said Newton is immature because he doesn't have a relationship with his father (wut?) and he called Cam a moron for celebrating first downs while losing to the Chiefs.

Fuel to the fire.

#192 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• HUDDLER
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Apprarently Cowherd trashed Cam again today on his radio show. I didn't hear but from twitter it appears he said Newton is immature because he doesn't have a relationship with his father (wut?) and he called Cam a moron for celebrating first downs while losing to the Chiefs.

Fuel to the fire.

He doesn't have a relationship with his father? Who he says is the most important person in his life? Cowherd is an idiot.

#193 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,325 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

holy poo, where do i sign up to become a professional troll like cowherd?

really just give me 30 minutes of airtime a day. i'd love to completely make poo up that sounds plausible to the misinformed masses and get rich doing it.

#194 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,325 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

also anybody else remember griffin punching the air and screaming like he'd just scored the go-ahead touchdown in the super bowl when the redskins were losing to us.

i only mention that because it seems like griffin should watch his dong if he's ever around cowherd.

#195 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.