• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hey Debbie downer, enjoy his performance this week. He can excel if he gets A CHANCE in a good friggen power formation.

the guy had 67 yards and we lost what's there to enjoy?

#17 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

I think anybody can run against the Chiefs

What a lot of you guys don't understand is that the chiefs defense has been decent this year. Thier offense has been atrocious. They have been pitiful all year.

The chief defense all but handled Manning last week and have a ton of talent on that side of the ball.

What our offense did today should be applauded, they played really well to have only gotten the ball for such little time. The running game was good, the blocking was good, Cam was good. The problem lies on the defensive side of the ball this week.

#18 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

the guy had 67 yards and we lost what's there to enjoy?

The 5 yard carry average? We've averaged like 2 or 3 yards all year. Yeah, we lost. But we gained some knowledge knowing that d will still has it

#19 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

I think he is aging.....and clearly doesn't fit our system.

With a new coach/scheme.....who wants to spend big bucks on a 30 yr old RB? Only a win now team should entertain such with weak other options

#20 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

The 5 yard carry average? We've averaged like 2 or 3 yards all year. Yeah, we lost. But we gained some knowledge knowing that d will still has it

id need more proof then one game with 67 yards to show he's still got it. Again lets see what he does next week.

#21 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

id need more proof then one game with 67 yards to show he's still got it. Again lets see what he does next week.

Okay coach.

#22 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Okay coach.

so by your logic Brady Quinn must be pretty good cause he had a good game today

#23 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

so by your logic Brady Quinn must be pretty good cause he had a good game today

The difference is Quinn has historically sucked. Yes he played good today, however this is his first and only good game. Deangelo was a star in 08,09 and 10 before he got injured. You can have your opinions, but in reality, deangelo isn't as bad as you think.

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

With a new coach/scheme.....who wants to spend big bucks on a 30 yr old RB? Only a win now team should entertain such with weak other options

Our system sucks.

I agree that we spend to much money on running backs, especially considering how little we use them.

But I do not believe that the lack of production is the fault of our running backs. If Deangelo gets with a team that properly utilizes him, he will likely have a good year next year.

#25 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

The difference is Quinn has historically sucked. Yes he played good today, however this is his first and only good game. Deangelo was a star in 08,09 and 10 before he got injured. You can have your opinions, but in reality, deangelo isn't as bad as you think.

i like deangelo he's just at the age where running backs careers usually start to end. He's gonna be 30 next season.

#26 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Our system sucks.

I agree that we spend to much money on running backs, especially considering how little we use them.

But I do not believe that the lack of production is the fault of our running backs. If Deangelo gets with a team that properly utilizes him, he will likely have a good year next year.

I think Stewart's lack of production is being hurt all year.....Williams doesn't fit.

Talent never was the issue.

#27 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

i like deangelo he's just at the age where running backs careers usually start to end. He's gonna be 30 next season.

You must of believed that Steve Smith was to small to play football too huh? Half of his career he split carries. So technically Deangelo is 27 or 28.

#28 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Props to him. Feels like every time he ran the ball in a normal running formation, he gained well over 5 yards. 12 carries for 67 yards for a 5.6 yard per carry average. I've said it to all of you on here who think he's washed up and I'll say it again...it's the damn coaching.

He still has game, and so does 89.

I wish D-Will well, wherever he ends up.

#29 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

This isn't about keeping him or not. It's about his and the team's production.

You've spent the year claiming he couldn't run the read option, didn't fit the system, etc. and in every case it's been demonstrated the problem isn't DWill. He has run just as effectively as Stew.

The problem is the system, not the individual back.

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I think Stewart's lack of production is being hurt all year.....Williams doesn't fit.

Talent never was the issue.

Not sure exactly what you meant there, but neither Stewart nor Williams fits our system, because our system sucks. To be honest, we could have a couple of no name backs, because we rarely use them. My guess is that we utilize our running backs less than the majority of teams in the NFL. Yet we pay them more than most running backs tandems.

It seems to me that there has been a serious disconnect between the front office and the coaching staff over the last couple of years, regarding what we needed and who we signed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.