Photo
- - - - -

D-will today

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#25 panthers04100

panthers04100

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

The difference is Quinn has historically sucked. Yes he played good today, however this is his first and only good game. Deangelo was a star in 08,09 and 10 before he got injured. You can have your opinions, but in reality, deangelo isn't as bad as you think.

i like deangelo he's just at the age where running backs careers usually start to end. He's gonna be 30 next season.

#26 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Our system sucks.

I agree that we spend to much money on running backs, especially considering how little we use them.

But I do not believe that the lack of production is the fault of our running backs. If Deangelo gets with a team that properly utilizes him, he will likely have a good year next year.

I think Stewart's lack of production is being hurt all year.....Williams doesn't fit.

Talent never was the issue.

#27 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

i like deangelo he's just at the age where running backs careers usually start to end. He's gonna be 30 next season.

You must of believed that Steve Smith was to small to play football too huh? Half of his career he split carries. So technically Deangelo is 27 or 28.

#28 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Props to him. Feels like every time he ran the ball in a normal running formation, he gained well over 5 yards. 12 carries for 67 yards for a 5.6 yard per carry average. I've said it to all of you on here who think he's washed up and I'll say it again...it's the damn coaching.

He still has game, and so does 89.

I wish D-Will well, wherever he ends up.

#29 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I think he is aging.....and clearly doesn't fit our system.

With a new coach/scheme.....who wants to spend big bucks on a 30 yr old RB? Only a win now team should entertain such with weak other options

This isn't about keeping him or not. It's about his and the team's production.

You've spent the year claiming he couldn't run the read option, didn't fit the system, etc. and in every case it's been demonstrated the problem isn't DWill. He has run just as effectively as Stew.

The problem is the system, not the individual back.

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I think Stewart's lack of production is being hurt all year.....Williams doesn't fit.

Talent never was the issue.

Not sure exactly what you meant there, but neither Stewart nor Williams fits our system, because our system sucks. To be honest, we could have a couple of no name backs, because we rarely use them. My guess is that we utilize our running backs less than the majority of teams in the NFL. Yet we pay them more than most running backs tandems.

It seems to me that there has been a serious disconnect between the front office and the coaching staff over the last couple of years, regarding what we needed and who we signed.

#31 Jacket60

Jacket60

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

I think he is aging.....and clearly doesn't fit our system.

With a new coach/scheme.....who wants to spend big bucks on a 30 yr old RB? Only a win now team should entertain such with weak other options

You're failing to realize Deangelo doesn't have the same mileage as most other RBs do at 30. He has split carries his entire NFL career. And he fits the system just fine.

#32 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

williams did have a good game today.

as a matter of fact, everyone in a panthers uniform ran the ball well....that says something in itself..

#33 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

In the "read option", the QB holds the ball long enough so the DE doesn't know who's getting it.

Ya know who else doesn't know? The RB. It's hard to do anything when you have to wait on the ball.

On straight running plays, DWill does pretty good.

#34 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

It's amazing what happens when they call plays that actually suit him.

#35 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
Guests

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Why do I get the feeling that delo was putting forth extra effort today for his highlight reel to show to another team this spring?

#36 prowler2k8

prowler2k8

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Sucks that his talent has been wasted these past two years.

Williams has the potential to be a top 10 back in this league, he just doesn't fit this piss poor offensive philosophy.

Paying both Stewart and Williams was incredibly stupid. In this offense it has been a huge hinderance, because neither guy is in the game long enough to get into a rythmn and get rolling.

And this stupidity is further magnified when you consider MikeTolbert was already signed. Instead we have the most expensive backfield in the League with neither RB leading the team in rushing. That designation goes to our franchise QB. Hmmm