• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Dragon Spooker

Dragon Spooker

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

During halftime of the sunday night game between the eagles and cowboys Bob Costas got up on his soap box and gave his opinion about the Kansas City tragedy with the murder-suicide involving KC teammate Jovan Belcher. Costas basicaly said that somehow if all the worlds guns were gone
this tragedy would have not happened.

I beleve this is a foolish notion, behind the sights of a gun are the 2 hands of a murderer. When one pulls out a gun, points it at another person, and fires they are making a conscious decision to kill. To say that this would have not happened if there were no guns takes away the personal accountability of the murderer. The fact is this person made the decision, the gun is just a tool used. If not a gun, a knife, poison, or a bomb could have been used. Jovan Belcher was a sick person and made the wrong decision, quit blaming the inanimate object, blame the person.

#2 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,854 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

n/m

#3 Cage

Cage

Raging Misanthrope

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationNo Flex Zone

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

I agree with what you said OP; guns are just tools...they just happen to be very effective tools. Guns allow people to easily inflict massive amounts of damage in a very short amount of time; so yeah Belcher could have used a lesser tool like a knife, baseball bat, or his bare hands but the gun made it a lot easier for him to end that woman's life.

Assault rifles need to be banned. Other guns should just be more difficult to obtain.

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,399 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

OJ Simpson laughed at Bob Costas.

Belcher was a POS....period.

#5 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

No weapon should be banned. Assault rifles especially. The 2nd amendment states the citizen militia should have the same firepower as the tyrannical government.

God this country is becoming fuging sissified, and disgraceful.

#6 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Outlawing guns will never stop violent crimes

Root of the problem isn't that simple

#7 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

muh nukes

#8 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

muh nukes

Post of the year... Amazing input.

#9 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

He's right. We should just magically take away all the guns so battles are fought with melee weapons and explosives.

#10 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,716 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hey Mr Costas, sports announcer, what if head injuries from FOOTBALL was the big problem? Want to ban football mr sports announcer? If he had not been involved with pro football, he and his girl would most likely still be alive today.

Idiot

#11 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

No weapon should be banned. Assault rifles especially. The 2nd amendment states the citizen militia should have the same firepower as the tyrannical government.

God this country is becoming fuging sissified, and disgraceful.

This gets me every time. Assault weapons are already banned. Those rifles that people clamor about being "assault weapons" are merely semi-automatic hunting rifles with a pistol grip and larger magazine.

#12 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,961 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Costas and Whitlock are entitled to their opinions... quite a few posters on this board agree with them.

I am entitled to disagree with that opinion.

Belcher was deranged/sick/ill whatever you want to call it... he could have killed her with his hands if he'd wanted to...

Either way it's a sad situation... but it's funny how nobody's talking about this...

http://www.usatoday....assing/1740707/

or this...

http://www.ksee24.co...-181762421.html

I wonder what Costas and Whitlock thinks about those?

#13 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

This gets me every time. Assault weapons are already banned. Those rifles that people clamor about being "assault weapons" are merely semi-automatic hunting rifles with a pistol grip and larger magazine.

I agree 100% man. But there are those people that think my semi automatic AR is an "assault" weapon.

It's just a large capacity hunting rifle that you can put poo loads of bells and whistles on it. Lol I've heard the "well you can put a grenade launcher on it though" BS! Haha yea...

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,762 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Outlawing guns will never stop violent crimes

Root of the problem isn't that simple

Actually you could not be more incorrect.

Our per capita non gun related violent crimes are on par with other civilized countries. When we add in gun violence our violent crime rate skyrockets.

#15 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

I agree with what you said OP; guns are just tools...they just happen to be very effective tools. Guns allow people to easily inflict massive amounts of damage in a very short amount of time; so yeah Belcher could have used a lesser tool like a knife, baseball bat, or his bare hands but the gun made it a lot easier for him to end that woman's life.

Assault rifles need to be banned. Other guns should just be more difficult to obtain.

While I don't agree with Costas, the line of thought that someone will just do the same thing with a different weapon is asinine. Guns remove much of the human element from inflicting harm on someone. It can be done from a distance and it is the bullet doing the damage, not the actual person. Stabbing or bashing someone's brains in is a lot more brutal. For some people that doesn't matter because they are truly sick in the head, but for a lot of others, they never would have committed the crimes they did without the assistance of a gun.

Shooting someone is easy. You keep your hands clean and its often one shot and done. That's not the case with other weaponry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com