Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OLine or DLine ?

72 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

wherever the value is. we need both pretty equally... i'd be happy if 3/4 of this draft went into our trenches.

Posted · Report post

After getting torched by THE Brady Quinn, I'd say Corner/Safety isn't far behind DT.

Posted · Report post

DT Star or Hankins.

Why a LT? Gross is declining? What do you say of Ron Edwards then?

DT like Star and Hankins doesn't come out every year. LT like Joeckel comes out every single year.

Address the LT in 2014. Gross will still be a above average LT next season for us.

Franchise LT doesn't win you Super Bowl.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

O-Line or D-Line?

Yes

Posted · Report post

We need Jesus.

Also, a Star DT, another quality CB, at least one more good safety (preferable two), maybe an OLB ...

You mean The Star DT.

Posted · Report post

Ron Edwards is the glue to our WHOLE defense and he's been injured this season and last season.

We've needed to draft a DT/NT since Kemoeatu...needed one with talent since Kris Jenkins was traded. We've flirted with drafting guys like Marcel Dareus and Fletcher Cox...but it's time we actually get one.

Posted · Report post

When it comes down to it, the Qb is always number one priority, getting a linemen that can keep Cam untouched and giving him a run game to take the pressure off him has to come first. But i wouldnt be mad if they went DT, there call.

Posted · Report post

oline, we could win more games with a more consistent offense. we definitely need a DT next year but I say oline is more important right now

Posted · Report post

Right now, I would go with OL for a couple of reasons.

1. Improved OL play would allow Cam more time to progress through his reads. Cam will get better, but not if he's avoiding the rush after 3 seconds every play - see David Carr. It's really a testament to his courage that he sits back there as long as he does.

2. If Cam Newton gets injured, it's over. This team can not afford to risk his safety like this any longer.

3. Improved run blocking would literally be the difference in every game. We have good RBs that can go the distance, if we can get them out of the backfield clean. This more than anything would affect time of possession, defensive game plan - can't just blitz Cam every play, team morale would go up as the RBs become a part of the offensive game plan.

4. I could go on, but you get the point. You could make similar arguments for the defense. just replace Cam with Keuch. But no one is more important to this team than Cam Newton.

Posted · Report post

both..... slight edge to oline since u already have a franchise qb.

dline could be could be good like when they sacked matt ryan like 5 times..

Posted · Report post

Draft another DT high. Sign a DT free agent and Keep Ron Edwards as a backup. Upgrade the LT and get some big run blockers not the athletic types, I'm talking Jeff Otah big.

The Panthers past philosophy has to go! You have to use the draft AND free agency. Ron Rivera will be successful somewhere else just like John Fox. Our problem has become quite obvious and it's the FO

Posted · Report post

Since DT is historically a bad pick in the first round i would be fine with a middle tier FA signing that can at least hold the block, LT high in the draft are almost fool proof, with that being said....

Gross signs 10 yer extension and we draft RB/LB/DE 1,2,3