Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Costas is a Troll

185 posts in this topic

Posted

i sat through 20 minutes of jingoism and flag waving at the jets/cardinals game...

does that apply as well?

2 things...

Patriotism is not even remotely the same as politics.

I thought you were a better troll than that.

Posted

Please Zod tell us about your days of getting in rumbles with Ponyboy, Sodapop and the rest of the outsiders.

If wars today were fought like the civil war there would be far far fewer of them.

1 person likes this

Posted

might as well ban football

Posted

2 things...

Patriotism is not even remotely the same as politics.

I thought you were a better troll than that.

your personal feelings of patriotism and personal feelings about your country? sure, I'll buy that.

large scale exhibitions of flag waving, cheering and military might? Are you f*cking kidding me? If that's not politics, politics doesn't exist.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nope.

Look at the countries we share space with

http://www.nationmas...per-100-000-pop

If we compared England to the United States they are almost equal to us (per capita) when it comes to violent crimes when guns are excluded.

When you factor in gun violence our numbers skyrocket.

So yes violent crimes will always happen. The greatest country in the world shouldnt have a gun murder rate only slightly worse than Zimbabwe and Mexico

I get the stats. But there is so much more influence on a culture's violent behavior than just one thing. Too many questions about society as a whole and peoples behavior. Comparing countries isnt a fool proof way to compare anything. Its too broad and too may variables. Gun violence is horrible but after an initial possible decrease in violence, if all of a sudden there were no more guns for the violent prone to use, wouldnt it still again increase back up to a level that reflects the current culture and values of the violent prone. They would merely find another tool to commit what they are already prone to do. I look at cities like chicago that have strict gun laws and how it hasnt done anything to curb violence. People are just gonna find a way. I really dont know the answer and got real long winded. My bad.

Posted

Dunno how this is quantifiable. We don't hear about the people who didn't kill someone because it wasn't as easy as shooting. It takes a certain sicko to use a knife or other hand weapon, whereas a gun is easy: point and pull.

It takes a certain sicko to murder regardless of the means.

1 person likes this

Posted

Of all the people in the world to comment on negative posts.

And I'm not attempting to be funny.

Do you see me consistently attacking OPs...

Lol

I see you doing it

Mr Negative...

Posted

You could never take away all guns in the US. It's too ingrained into the culture.

You could, however, make more sensible laws that would decrease the violent use of guns. Unfortunately we have a very vocal, well funded, fundamentalist minority that will not let that happen, no matter what goes down.

On one side you've got data and logic. On the other you have Ted Nugent.

Posted

What does gun control have to do with gun violence?

Posted

Wrong place wrong time to bring it up Costas.... Period end of story

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm all for gun control- that is hitting your target the first time.

Dude shot her NINE TIMES, you really think that same rage wouldn't have pushed him to pick up a knife, or a bat?

2 people like this

Posted

db went on an anti gun rant during a game

should be fired by the NFL

Yeah I'm sure that without a gun an nfl linebacker would never be able to kill a female.

1 person likes this