Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Costas is a Troll

185 posts in this topic

Posted

Will gun control still be the focus after it is determined this was a case of roid rage?

1 person likes this

Posted

British TMZ and now the National Shooting Sports Foundation

c'mon man.

fbi.gov ???

Posted

From 2010

500-us-oil-production1.jpg

correlation-vs-causation.png

Posted

Beiber is destroying us with Foreign oil !!!!!!!!!

Posted

I have to admit. You can't really argue against blind faith and purposely skewed data.

Posted

fbi.gov ???

You quoted NSSF not FBI.gov

Who cares if it drops out of the top 15 and is replaced by Panda attacks and diabeetus. The fact remains that low/no gun laws are linked directly to high gun violence.

Posted

I have to admit. You can't really argue against blind faith and purposely skewed data.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Posted

correlation-vs-causation.png

you forgot the best one...

piratesarecool4.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

No one is skewing data except you and the sites you are citing in defense.

Did you look at the graph I made?

Sarcasm removed it proves that stiffer gun regulation reduces the number of violent crimes. Did you not see that?

Posted

90% of the arguments on this forum against firearm ownership exist in that statement right there.

I'm not 100% sure, but it actually might not be illegal for a Class 3 Federal Firearms dealer to put together or own a rocket launcher, doubt they could get the rockets for it tho. 99% sure you can't get grenades.

I have numerous times formed my argument for gun ownership.

To protect my friends and loved ones from other I need a fire arm equivalent to what I would reasonably expect a robber/murderer/rapist to attack me/them with. In my home a 12g or a semi-auto firearm is reasonable. In higher stress situations, say Katrina level chaos, or the bullshit that is going down in the boroughs of NYC since Sandy I would like to have a semi-auto rifle to go along with these things, like an AR-15 or a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. These things will not stop a Government back force. I understand that. They would stop a roving band of looters tho and quiet effectively. Is it absurd to think this? I don't think so, but you may, that's your right as it is mine to own them

These weapons in my hands pose 0 threat to you or any other poster on this board. They are in my possession and control.

Why do many of you feel the need to remove these things, that I deem necessary to protect "mine" from unseen dangers in the future?

America is not England, we one of the most unique countries in the world. Guns are ingrained in our culture and so incredibly prevalent in the legal and illegal market. "Banning" them would have (IMO) a net negative effect on crime rates in this country. I believe most of you feel the same way.

That almost universal knowledge that guns are in almost every home in America prevents many crimes already. If you believe it doesn't but out a notice of some sort that you are so anti-firearm that you will never and currently do not have any firearms in your house.

I hear ya, I'm not talking as much about an emotional personal argument against gun control but a logical argument for why banning handguns is unconstitutional but banning grenades, rpgs, etc. etc. is not.

Posted

You quoted NSSF not FBI.gov

Who cares if it drops out of the top 15 and is replaced by Panda attacks and diabeetus. The fact remains that low/no gun laws are linked directly to high gun violence.

Actually I quoted neither and FBI.gov backed up this statement.

Meanwhile as gun sales climb to record highs 2010 FBI data shows Violent Crime Continuing to fall in the USA.

Posted

you forgot the best one...

piratesarecool4.gif

I image googled correlation does not imply causation and clicked on this picture and it took me to stormfront

lol