Wrong place wrong time to bring it up Costas.... Period end of story

#47 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,131 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'm all for gun control- that is hitting your target the first time.

Dude shot her NINE TIMES, you really think that same rage wouldn't have pushed him to pick up a knife, or a bat?

#48 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

db went on an anti gun rant during a game

should be fired by the NFL

Yeah I'm sure that without a gun an nfl linebacker would never be able to kill a female.

#49 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Nope.

Look at the countries we share space with

http://www.nationmas...per-100-000-pop

If we compared England to the United States they are almost equal to us (per capita) when it comes to violent crimes when guns are excluded.

When you factor in gun violence our numbers skyrocket.

So yes violent crimes will always happen. The greatest country in the world shouldnt have a gun murder rate only slightly worse than Zimbabwe and Mexico

The UK banned handguns, violent crime(including gun crimes) skyrocketed afterwards. Banning them wont work, it never has, it never will. Look at prohibition. The violence associated with illegal alcohol sales DECREASED after prohibition ended. As someone else said, its the culture in the US. Want violent crimes to decrease, change the culture.

#50 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

What I find most interesting is the media's refusal to condemn Jovan. Someone should stand up and say he's a worthless murderer and praise him for killing himself and saving our tax dollars from being wasted on another trial.

But this is the logic of certain groups in the USA. They don't blame individuals for anything and do not believe in personal responsibility. Everything is the product of the system and if the system is tuned appropriately, everyone will be a loving angel like Jesus. Jovan was in the NFL, a successful human being, so these people can't rant about there not being enough welfare this time so now they'll rant about how guns are the problem.

Jovan was just a thug who lacked self control, but again, he shot himself, so I will offer him some praise. If you're man enough to kill someone, be man enough to end your own life as well and not waste everyone's tax dollars for your trial and free housing, food, gym, and healthcare for life.

#51 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,589 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

The UK banned handguns, violent crime(including gun crimes) skyrocketed afterwards. Banning them wont work, it never has, it never will. Look at prohibition. The violence associated with illegal alcohol sales DECREASED after prohibition ended. As someone else said, its the culture in the US. Want violent crimes to decrease, change the culture.

Wait. You're saying crime associated with illegal alcohol sales decreased after it was no longer illegal?

ASTOUNDING!!!

Oh, and link your data plz.

#52 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,382 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Well that's 100% completely undeniably wrong. But I will await the source information as I would love to be proved wrong by facts.

#53 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,366 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm a gun owner and I agree more control is needed... always laugh at the 2nd ammendment argument, don't think me and my pistol would be much of a match for an apache helicoptor.

#54 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,654 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Well that's 100% completely undeniably wrong. But I will await the source information as I would love to be proved wrong by facts.

From 2009.

http://www.dailymail...-89-decade.html

My Day has gone down hill, so now I will play.

#55 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

From 2009.

Surved?

#56 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,654 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

http://twosquaredogs.blogspot.com/2011/06/i-do-not-have-gun-i-am-not-murderer.html

....The LA Times had an article about the The European disdain for America violence but shouldn't spend too much time congratulating themselves. In 2000 the rate at which people where assaulted was higher in England, Scotland, Finland, Denmark and Sweden than in The United States. In the decade since England banned all private possessions of gun the number of gun crimes has gone up.Some of the worst examples of mass gun violence has occurred in Europe from students and teachers killed in Germany, 14 legislators shot in Switzerland to 8 city council members being shot outside of Paris.

Just recently a taxi driver in Cumbria, England killed 12 people and wounded 11.

http://www.telegraph...-of-Europe.html

Analysis of figures from the European Commission showed a 77 per cent increase in murders, robberies, assaults and sexual offenses in the UK since Labour came to power.

The total number of violent offenses recorded compared to population is higher than any other country in Europe, as well as America, Canada, Australia and South Africa

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1P6LhtqHx

The figures, compiled from reports released by the European Commission and United Nations, also show:

• The UK has the second highest overall crime rate in the EU.
  • It has a higher homicide rate than most of our western European neighbours, including France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
  • The UK has the fifth highest robbery rate in the EU.
  • It has the fourth highest burglary rate and the highest absolute number of burglaries in the EU, with double the number of offences than recorded in Germany and France.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2E12xkEGa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Looking for more recent infos.
It's not as clear cut as BOTH sides want to make it.

Should I be able to buy a rocket launcher ? No
Should I be able to buy most Semi-Auto firearms. Yep.
Should things be put in place to keep crazies/felons from having fire arms? Yes
Should that infringe on my right to have firearms ? Nope

#57 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,654 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Also that first link is a weak example b/c it is from a blog. So ignore that if you wish. Has some factoids but it doesnt share sources sadly.

#58 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

the dailymail is like if tmz and foxnews had a british baby

#59 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,382 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

From 2009.

A fluff piece vs
Firearm Crime Stats

Number of offences
There were 7,024 offences in England and Wales in which non-air weapon firearms were reportedly used, a 13% decrease on the previous year, continuing the general decline since 2005/06.
There were 4,203 recorded crimes in which air weapons were reportedly used during 2010/11, a fall of 15% compared with the previous year and 70% below the peak recorded in 2002/03.
Chart 1 shows the trend in total firearm offences recorded by the police since 1969. The number of offences generally rose from the late 1990s to a peak of 24,094 offences in 2003/04. The number of firearm offences has fallen in each year since then with 11,227 offences recorded in 2010/11, 13% lower than the previous year and 53% below the peak of 2003/04.

Posted Image

#60 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,382 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

Surved?

like totally bro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com