184 replies to this topic

#61 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

"I don't like your graphs so they are Fluff, here are more of my graphs that I like because they say what I want" Panthro on Gun Control

#62 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

I guess Bob Costas would prefer it if she were pushed out a window? Or maybe since libs feel they have the gop on the ropes for every other issue they used to principle themselves by, that this is a good time to push them into changing thier opinions on gunlaws too. Remember, never let a good crisis go to waste

#63 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

the dailymail is like if tmz and foxnews had a british baby

If you say so. I was looking for the statistics.

#64 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,216 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Looking for more recent infos.
It's not as clear cut as BOTH sides want to make it.

Should I be able to buy a rocket launcher ? No
Should I be able to buy most Semi-Auto firearms. Yep.
Should things be put in place to keep crazies/felons from having fire arms? Yes
Should that infringe on my right to have firearms ? Nope

A right to bear arms means a right to weapons. Why is it not my right to own a rocket launcher but it is my right to own a pistol or a sword? The whole point was to form a militia don't you think a militia in this day and age would at least have rocket launchers and maybe a few grenades?

#65 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

A right to bear arms means a right to weapons. Why is it not my right to own a rocket launcher but it is my right to own a pistol or a sword? The whole point was to form a militia don't you think a militia in this day and age would at least have rocket launchers and maybe a few grenades?

Because we live in a world where things that are dumb are acknowledged as such.
Come on Cat, you can troll me better than that.

#66 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,216 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Because we live in a world where things that are dumb are acknowledged as such.
Come on Cat, you can troll me better than that.

So because you think its dumb it should be illegal. Well if that is the logic we are using then I guess I can simply say I think guns are dumb so they should be illegal.

I'm pushing you to form a good argument about something you are clearly passionate about.

#67 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

It takes a lot less conviction to pull a trigger and shoot someone in the head than taking a bat or a knife and getting dirty.

I feel like this comment is underappreciated

#68 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

What I find most interesting is the media's refusal to condemn Jovan. Someone should stand up and say he's a worthless murderer and praise him for killing himself and saving our tax dollars from being wasted on another trial.

But this is the logic of certain groups in the USA. They don't blame individuals for anything and do not believe in personal responsibility. Everything is the product of the system and if the system is tuned appropriately, everyone will be a loving angel like Jesus. Jovan was in the NFL, a successful human being, so these people can't rant about there not being enough welfare this time so now they'll rant about how guns are the problem.

Jovan was just a thug who lacked self control, but again, he shot himself, so I will offer him some praise. If you're man enough to kill someone, be man enough to end your own life as well and not waste everyone's tax dollars for your trial and free housing, food, gym, and healthcare for life.

yeah, but by bobs logic we should still hold a trial and try to convict the gun

#69 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,582 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

"I don't like your graphs so they are Fluff, here are more of my graphs that I like because they say what I want" Panthro on Gun Control

Posted Image

#70 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,582 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

If you say so. I was looking for the statistics.

lolz

#71 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,582 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Posted Image

#72 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,582 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

i knew you couldnt resist le kurb....

#73 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

So because you think its dumb it should be illegal. Well if that is the logic we are using then I guess I can simply say I think guns are dumb so they should be illegal.

I'm pushing you to form a good argument about something you are clearly passionate about.

90% of the arguments on this forum against firearm ownership exist in that statement right there.

I'm not 100% sure, but it actually might not be illegal for a Class 3 Federal Firearms dealer to put together or own a rocket launcher, doubt they could get the rockets for it tho. 99% sure you can't get grenades.

I have numerous times formed my argument for gun ownership.

To protect my friends and loved ones from other I need a fire arm equivalent to what I would reasonably expect a robber/murderer/rapist to attack me/them with. In my home a 12g or a semi-auto firearm is reasonable. In higher stress situations, say Katrina level chaos, or the bullshit that is going down in the boroughs of NYC since Sandy I would like to have a semi-auto rifle to go along with these things, like an AR-15 or a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. These things will not stop a Government back force. I understand that. They would stop a roving band of looters tho and quiet effectively. Is it absurd to think this? I don't think so, but you may, that's your right as it is mine to own them

These weapons in my hands pose 0 threat to you or any other poster on this board. They are in my possession and control.

Why do many of you feel the need to remove these things, that I deem necessary to protect "mine" from unseen dangers in the future?

America is not England, we one of the most unique countries in the world. Guns are ingrained in our culture and so incredibly prevalent in the legal and illegal market. "Banning" them would have (IMO) a net negative effect on crime rates in this country. I believe most of you feel the same way.

That almost universal knowledge that guns are in almost every home in America prevents many crimes already. If you believe it doesn't but out a notice of some sort that you are so anti-firearm that you will never and currently do not have any firearms in your house.

#74 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

i knew you couldnt resist le kurb....

I can't quit you.

#75 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

like totally bro

Since we're on the subject

Lets go ahead and band alcohol and drugs cause they ultimately lead to violent crimes

O wait we already did... Didn't work, only proved that bad people will find ways to get them and restrict good people from obtaining them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.