184 replies to this topic

#91 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

I have to admit. You can't really argue against blind faith and purposely skewed data.

Posted Image

#92 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

you forgot the best one...

Posted Image

#93 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,591 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

No one is skewing data except you and the sites you are citing in defense.

Did you look at the graph I made?

Sarcasm removed it proves that stiffer gun regulation reduces the number of violent crimes. Did you not see that?

#94 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,224 posts

90% of the arguments on this forum against firearm ownership exist in that statement right there.

I'm not 100% sure, but it actually might not be illegal for a Class 3 Federal Firearms dealer to put together or own a rocket launcher, doubt they could get the rockets for it tho. 99% sure you can't get grenades.

I have numerous times formed my argument for gun ownership.

To protect my friends and loved ones from other I need a fire arm equivalent to what I would reasonably expect a robber/murderer/rapist to attack me/them with. In my home a 12g or a semi-auto firearm is reasonable. In higher stress situations, say Katrina level chaos, or the bullshit that is going down in the boroughs of NYC since Sandy I would like to have a semi-auto rifle to go along with these things, like an AR-15 or a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. These things will not stop a Government back force. I understand that. They would stop a roving band of looters tho and quiet effectively. Is it absurd to think this? I don't think so, but you may, that's your right as it is mine to own them

These weapons in my hands pose 0 threat to you or any other poster on this board. They are in my possession and control.

Why do many of you feel the need to remove these things, that I deem necessary to protect "mine" from unseen dangers in the future?

America is not England, we one of the most unique countries in the world. Guns are ingrained in our culture and so incredibly prevalent in the legal and illegal market. "Banning" them would have (IMO) a net negative effect on crime rates in this country. I believe most of you feel the same way.

That almost universal knowledge that guns are in almost every home in America prevents many crimes already. If you believe it doesn't but out a notice of some sort that you are so anti-firearm that you will never and currently do not have any firearms in your house.

I hear ya, I'm not talking as much about an emotional personal argument against gun control but a logical argument for why banning handguns is unconstitutional but banning grenades, rpgs, etc. etc. is not.

#95 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

You quoted NSSF not FBI.gov

Who cares if it drops out of the top 15 and is replaced by Panda attacks and diabeetus. The fact remains that low/no gun laws are linked directly to high gun violence.

Actually I quoted neither and FBI.gov backed up this statement.

Meanwhile as gun sales climb to record highs 2010 FBI data shows Violent Crime Continuing to fall in the USA.

#96 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,570 posts

Posted Image

I image googled correlation does not imply causation and clicked on this picture and it took me to stormfront

lol

#97 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#98 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

I hear ya, I'm not talking as much about an emotional personal argument against gun control but a logical argument for why banning handguns is unconstitutional but banning grenades, rpgs, etc. etc. is not.

I would go with that amount of damage inflicted is much greater with a RPG vs a Semi-Auto rifle and I am not ignorant with where that sentiment will take this conversation.

Also a RPG/grenade/TOW isn't a firearm per-say.

Despite the opinion of many people in this thread I am not without a grain of logic on this thing.

But, its easier for them to paint me as a crazy gun nut, so that's the route people go.

#99 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

I image googled correlation does not imply causation and clicked on this picture and it took me to stormfront

lol

day 43...my cover is blown.

#100 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Posted Image

e: sort of a repost but worth it for the poe in fig. 2

#101 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

I would go with that amount of damage inflicted is much greater with a RPG vs a Semi-Auto rifle and I am not ignorant with where that sentiment will take this conversation.

Also a RPG/grenade/TOW isn't a firearm per-say.

Despite the opinion of many people in this thread I am not without a grain of logic on this thing.

But, its easier for them to paint me as a crazy gun nut, so that's the route people go.

FTR, I don't think you're a gun nut. I'm just interested in your reasoning. I don't have a solid opinion yet on guns or abortion and am trying to educate myself so I can actually form a reasonable opionion which ever way it takes me.

Dan Carlin (You're a libertarian, i'm sure you know him)has a decent podcast on it but that's just one guys view point.

#102 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Posted Image

As Kurb said, gun violence is going down.

#103 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

I don't care what anyone says that fuging mountain is affecting the murder rate

#104 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Posted Image

Firearm deaths are significantly lower in states with stricter gun control legislation. Though the sample sizes are small, we find substantial negative correlations between firearm deaths and states that ban assault weapons (-.45), require trigger locks (-.42), and mandate safe storage requirements for guns (-.48).

While the causes of individual acts of mass violence always differ, our analysis shows fatal gun violence is less likely to occur in richer states with more post-industrial knowledge economies, higher levels of college graduates, and tighter gun laws. Factors like drug use, stress levels, and mental illness are much less significant than might be assumed.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/01/the-geography-of-gun-deaths/69354/#

#105 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

It's like talking to 13 year olds.

If Panthro gets to eye roll at my links, I feely 100% in my rights to eye roll at a page that proudly presents a graph with a category called "McCain Vote Share".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.