45 replies to this topic

#11 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKC Mo
HUDDLER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

One of the only positives from a player perspective on this season could be the humbling of Cam Newton.

He still has his edge, but the leader is being pushed to the surface.

Yeah, I was really impressed with him going over to encourage Lafell after that big drop. Cutler would have been screaming and yelling at him.

#12 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationTulsa, OK
HUDDLER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

I dont have any complaints with the stadium. Actually there was a good chunk of Carolina Blue on this side of the stadium. More than I expected.

I was sitting 9 seats behind you. There were a lot of Panthers fans on the first couple of rows.. almost felt like a Panther home game.. there were a lot more Panthers fans than I expected.

You are right about Cam not interacting with players on the sideline. I'd like to see Cam become a motivator and keep the offensive players engaged. He seems more of a loner right now. I think this will change with experience.

Rivera knows he is gone after the season, so I see him giving minimal effort on the sidelines.

The chiefs fans sitting around me were awesome and made me feel very welcome. After the game, walking back to the car, there were 2 separate occurences where I was heckled by chiefs fans.

The first time, a chiefs fan screamed "Have a fun ride home Panthers loser!", and I replied, "You know we have a better record than you right?", and he replied, "But we are right behind you"... so I got some satisfaction at him saying that.

The second time, a chiefs fan said "Oh look a Panthers fan with all his teeth!, I never thought I'd see the day".. I told him "Some people shouldn't drink alcohol".

I expected much more heckling to be honest.. most of the chiefs fans were very classy.

#13 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKitchen
HUDDLER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

I was sitting 9 seats behind you. There were a lot of Panthers fans on the first couple of rows.. almost felt like a Panther home game.. there were a lot more Panthers fans than I expected.

You are right about Cam not interacting with players on the sideline. I'd like to see Cam become a motivator and keep the offensive players engaged. He seems more of a loner right now. I think this will change with experience.

Rivera knows he is gone after the season, so I see him giving minimal effort on the sidelines.

The chiefs fans sitting around me were awesome and made me feel very welcome. After the game, walking back to the car, there were 2 separate occurences where I was heckled by chiefs fans.

The first time, a chiefs fan screamed "Have a fun ride home Panthers loser!", and I replied, "You know we have a better record than you right?", and he replied, "But we are right behind you"... so I got some satisfaction at him saying that.

The second time, a chiefs fan said "Oh look a Panthers fan with all his teeth!, I never thought I'd see the day".. I told him "Some people shouldn't drink alcohol".

I expected much more heckling to be honest.. most of the chiefs fans were very classy.

If i was drunk i would have said something really disrespectful to those fans in light of the situation. Glad i wasn't there.

#14 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

I saw cookinwithgas on TV representing.

#15 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

There were more Panther fans in KC than there will be in BofA this Sunday.

#16 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• LocationTulsa, OK
HUDDLER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

If i was drunk i would have said something really disrespectful to those fans in light of the situation. Glad i wasn't there.

The drunk hecklers didn't feel confident enough to talk trash until the game was over.

#17 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

Enjoyed the post. Have some pie.

#18 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for the head's up.
Bring back John Fox..

#19 DenverPantherFamily

DenverPantherFamily

NOT NEWB

• LocationDenver, CO
ROOKIE

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Sad to hear about the coaching, or lack of...

what was the crowd like? I've heard they are pretty friendly to opposing team's fans.

Got back to Denver last night from the game, and I have to say that we played a hard fought game and the thing I was most impressed with was Kuechly. Just watching him with the other guys on defense, the kid is a born leader and isn't afraid to be vocal. I think we have a found a true force to anchor the linebacking corps for years to come. And as far as the Chiefs fans, I must say they were good-hearted and very welcoming. I think there was 3-4 times my Wife and I were taking pictures with my Daughter and someone would come up and offer to take pictures of the three of us. Very impressed by the hospitality! All in all it was a great trip and worth every cent! I even had a woman give me 2 extra on-field passes for pre-game warm-ups so my Daughter and I could go down and meet some of the players!! Had a great time, and look forward to many more games like this (except maybe we can get the "W" next time)....

Nate
  • SCP PIE'd this

#20 DenverPantherFamily

DenverPantherFamily

NOT NEWB

• LocationDenver, CO
ROOKIE

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

I had a fan tell me that Smitty was a washed-up bum, and it took a lot to not turn around and say "At least he didn't double tap his girlfriend, then off himself because he is a coward". But I must say being the 'bigger man' feels good, and after I had a second to think about it thoughts of Rae Carruth started to pop in my head (not that any of those Chiefs fans would've probably remembered that) but just in case, I'm glad I didn't say anything. Outside of that fan though I would have to say the rest of the crowd was very hospitable.

Nate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users