Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Rivera presser

31 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not sure JR will be willing to pull the trigger before the new GM is hired

Posted

Dear Ron, I'm not paying $212 a ticket to see you not be able to count to 11, play 'young players' that probably could not even be on the the practice squad on contending teams, and better yet, try and figure out what schemes you are, or should be running on the 14th game of the season.

Dear JR, the stadium will be empty this Sunday and it will be empty on the 23rd. When those invoices come around for people like me in March, you best have put a GM nd coach in place that makes me and other PSL holders willing to pony up money again and believe me, I'm not rich by any means, I will find something better to do with my time and my money.

This is a tough business. I really don't care about John Fox. It takes Peyton Manning for him to look like a winner, and this is a man who had shots at Aaron Rodgers, Ben R., Joe Flacco etc, but, we were happy with Jake, even after they knew the arm was shot.

As someone said, I want a GM and a Coach that has been a proven winner and someone who gets you build a team from the lines out and someone who understands drafting and free agency to augment holes.

That's all I want for Christmas...a GM with a brain.

Posted

He wasn't allowed to shop for the groceries yet he was expected to cook a masterpiece. I look at John Fox and his success and I can now really see where our REAL failure is

Well, we did bring in like every washed up former San Diego Charger that was available.

Posted

He wasn't allowed to shop for the groceries yet he was expected to cook a masterpiece. I look at John Fox and his success and I can now really see where our REAL failure is

The only problems I see with this--and I agree in spirit--are 2 things:

1. Rivera has proven to be indecisive and poor at game management,

2. How many other coaches who are 4-8 or worse WITH A SOLID QB are keeping their jobs?

KC-No qb, coach getting fired

Jacksonville-no qb, coach getting fired

Philly--no qb, coach getting fired

Arizona--no qb, coach getting fired

Cleveland--no solid qb, coach might get fired

Oakland--Palmer is good--coach getting fired

Carolina--good qb, coach getting fired

San Diego--good qb, coach should have been fired 3 years ago

Bottom line: To me, if you suck without a solid qb, it is the GM's fault. If you suck with a solid qb, the coach needs to take the blame.

Posted

Well, we did bring in like every washed up former San Diego Charger that was available.

Except Shawn Merrimen. How did he get by RR?

Seriously--this team is a combination of 2 bad teams. RR brought players he knew and Marty signed the players he knew. Unfortunately, when you combine players from 2 losing teams, you get another losing team.

I agree with your point.

Posted

The only problems I see with this--and I agree in spirit--are 2 things:

1. Rivera has proven to be indecisive and poor at game management,

2. How many other coaches who are 4-8 or worse WITH A SOLID QB are keeping their jobs?

KC-No qb, coach getting fired

Jacksonville-no qb, coach getting fired

Philly--no qb, coach getting fired

Arizona--no qb, coach getting fired

Cleveland--no solid qb, coach might get fired

Oakland--Palmer is good--coach getting fired

Carolina--good qb, coach getting fired

San Diego--good qb, coach should have been fired 3 years ago

Bottom line: To me, if you suck without a solid qb, it is the GM's fault. If you suck with a solid qb, the coach needs to take the blame.

I agree but the team was total garbage when he got here and he had limits because of Hurney and JR. RR may have to fall on this sword though. I wish him the best. He'll probably be excellent somewhere else.

Posted

I agree but the team was total garbage when he got here and he had limits because of Hurney and JR. RR may have to fall on this sword though. I wish him the best. He'll probably be excellent somewhere else.

I thought a lot of him, but have lost respect-not because of the losses, because of his lack of game management skills. I wish him the best as well, but do not think HC is a title he should have.