Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Homeless man's boot's gone already, man wants "piece of the pie"

181 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If he doesn't have a home, where did he hide them? He sold them for booze money.

He may not have a "home" as you define it, but he probably does have one .... (ok, I'm really done now ... really ... I think.)

Posted · Report post

At least they aren't on welfare, disability, or unemployment....buncha leaches. amirite?

Posted · Report post

it's funny, i can't remember the last time i offered to buy someone a meal in lieu of cash where they turned me down.

yeah but your anecdote doesn't count like theirs

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Please understand me....I'm not against helping these people. I'm against GIVING THEM MONEY. It isn't helping them! You can buy their stories if you choose to, but you are just giving them booze money. Stop it!

The cop did a very nice thing. He is a hero. The homeless man is sick. I get that. But the cop is now out 100 bucks for his troubles. We need to understand in our society that our concept of helping people...giving them money....isn't helping them if they don't know what to do with money.

The police officer did NOT give him money. He gave him something he perceived the guy needed ... he was barefoot, so the cop gave him shoes.

Once they were given, no control over what happens to them. Same with coats, and blankets, and hats, and food, for that matter.

Posted · Report post

So what if they want booze. It's better than robbing people and homes. Oh wait you are forcing them to do that by being an insensitive trilobite

Yes. Giving them booze money is so sensitive and sensible.

Posted · Report post

I had a situation last Friday where I was in a hurry (borderline late for a game I was covering) and some bum came up to me at a gas station as I got back into my car. Against better judgment I rolled down the window to hear him out. He asks me if I like Carrie Underwood. I tell him no, and ask why. He says he was going to sell me a Carrie Underwood CD for two bucks because he needed gas money. I posted this on facebook and said I sped off without giving him anything, and many of my female friends were aghast. How could you? I've been in that situation where I had to use pennies for my gas. Blah blah blah.

You can give these people money if it eases whatever guilt you have, but it's no different than feeding bears at a state park. Every time you give them money (which I hate to tell you, but they're going to spend it on booze, not gas or food or any other excuse they'll give you) that means they'll be back expecting the same thing from the next person. You're contributing to the problem, and people down at the homeless shelters will tell you that. Don't give them money. Give them a sandwich if you like. But giving them money isn't a harmless WWJD thing, it actually contributes to a problem.

What a little weasel you are

Posted · Report post

What a little weasel you are

What a piece of weasel poo you are.

Posted · Report post

What a piece of weasel poo you are.

nice comeback, ***** breath :lol:

Posted · Report post

nice comeback, ***** breath :lol:

Your big fat stinkin' mammy and all the corns on her feet, too!

Posted · Report post

Nevermind; not worth it at all. Would rather have sex with a woodchipper.

Posted · Report post

wanna see how classless a society is? just see how they treat their homeless.....some of yall need a wake up call...we are all one family...for all we know he could be a VET, and ex fireman....someone who tried but failed and maybe didnt have the love they needed...maybe even born into homelessness as many children are then sent to abusive homes and shelters...wake up people....these are humans too

Posted · Report post

That's just the Huddle Republicans MO