180 replies to this topic

#61 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Gazi doesn't work...I can tell from his posts he doesn't work.

#62 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

He works with Wayne and Bruce down at the Chartreuse Moose.

#63 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

My favorite quote in this thread was Panthro saying who cares if they spend it on booze, at least they won't have to resort to stealing.

Well if you put it THAT way, LOL.

#64 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

He works with Wayne and Bruce down at the Chartreuse Moose.

Look at that. Two butthurt message board "millionaires" :lol:

#65 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I don't put stipulations on my charity.

#66 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,681 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Good lord. Coming from the most anti American poster in the universe. Here is something I want you to try Philly. Give a homeless person 2 bucks. Sit in your car and wait on them to come out. See what they have in hand when they come out. Bet you won't try it.

1) how on earth am i anti-american let alone the most anti-american poster in the universe

2) what does being anti-american or pro-american have to do with this argument

3) i give money to homeless people with some frequency and it's never in large amounts and i'm not there to judge them. god knows i've gotten money i probably didn't ultimately deserve to have and spent it on something stupid i'd later regret. there's a chance they'd spend it on something stupid, and there's a chance they'd spend it on something like food or water.

4) you should try talking to some actual homeless people. many of them are battling demons deeper than anything you've ever had to wrestle with, and you should be thankful you've had the opportunities you have.

5) have you considered volunteering with a local food shelter or homeless ministry? since these injustices seem to bother you to the extent they do you should consider teaming up with a local organization to make a difference.

#67 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

1) how on earth am i anti-american let alone the most anti-american poster in the universe

2) what does being anti-american or pro-american have to do with this argument

3) i give money to homeless people with some frequency and it's never in large amounts and i'm not there to judge them. god knows i've gotten money i probably didn't ultimately deserve to have and spent it on something stupid i'd later regret. there's a chance they'd spend it on something stupid, and there's a chance they'd spend it on something like food or water.

4) you should try talking to some actual homeless people. many of them are battling demons deeper than anything you've ever had to wrestle with, and you should be thankful you've had the opportunities you have.

5) have you considered volunteering with a local food shelter or homeless ministry? since these injustices seem to bother you to the extent they do you should consider teaming up with a local organization to make a difference.

Let me make a numerical list for you.

1. You constantly sound like an OWS "American" with your posts.

2. If you think that spare change you are giving to the homeless is going towards food and water you are wrong. You are probably the sucker for the "oh I ran out if gas up the street, and need a little change to get some gas billshit" excuse. Don't try to sound high and mighty. They have come up to me in Bojangles parking lot and asked me for some money for food. I said " sure man! Lets walk in here and I'll buy you a combo meal of your choice!" Nope he didn't want that. He just wants some money. Guess he didn't like chicken right?

3. I would not consider volunteering. I drive past the Salvation Army on a daily basis, and see numerous able bodied people sitting around smoking 6 dollar packs of cigarettes just cutting up and having a grand time. So no. They CHOOSE to be homeless and lazy. Don't give me this mental crap. A few homeless are, sure. Not every single one.

4. Your boy Obama sure is helping out with the whole situation isn't he? He's actually about to create more homeless people. I guess I will always be a gun toting, Constitution loving, work hard for what you have redneck to some of you...

#68 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,681 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

1. You constantly sound like an OWS "American" with your posts.

what in fresh hell are you talking about? you've got me completely stumped with this

2. If you think that spare change you are giving to the homeless is going towards food and water you are wrong. You are probably the sucker for the "oh I ran out if gas up the street, and need a little change to get some gas billshit" excuse. Don't try to sound high and mighty. They have come up to me in Bojangles parking lot and asked me for some money for food. I said " sure man! Lets walk in here and I'll buy you a combo meal of your choice!" Nope he didn't want that. He just wants some money. Guess he didn't like chicken right?

oh sweet anecdotes, i love sweeping generalizations made off of personal experience and subsequent confirmation bias. i've offered to buy plenty of homeless people meals instead of giving them cash and they've gratefully accepted. i've had some pretty awesome conversations with a lot of guys out there struggling and it's humbling to see what they've faced in life. dead parents, dead kids, substance abuse... poo i haven't had to deal with personally. sorry if my anecdotes are not steeped in bitterness and stereotypes and are therefore 'high and mighty'

3. I would not consider volunteering. I drive past the Salvation Army on a daily basis, and see numerous able bodied people sitting around smoking 6 dollar packs of cigarettes just cutting up and having a grand time. So no. They CHOOSE to be homeless and lazy. Don't give me this mental crap. A few homeless are, sure. Not every single one.

hahahahaha. so you bitch about the poor, and then you say you "wouldn't even consider" volunteering your time or resources to organizations attempting to rectify the problem. world class, man.

4. Your boy Obama sure is helping out with the whole situation isn't he?

why is obama my boy?

I guess I will always be a gun toting, Constitution loving, work hard for what you have redneck to some of you...

well when you say stuff like "well this here is appalachia and ain't nobody taking MY guns!" you don't do a very good job of painting yourself as a thoughtful individual free of socialized ideological constraints

#69 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

why is obama my boy?

uhhh you're communist. he's communist. you're boys.

#70 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

wrong thread poo

#71 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

I'm glad we have YML to stepping up and filling the void left by sylvianlight. The TInderbox was missing the racist ignorant asshat role

#72 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,768 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Seems the homeless barefoot bum...is nothing more than just a bum

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1212779

He wasn't barefoot...for a time...and seems that he's not homeless either.

#73 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Does it take away from what the officer did? No.

The Wal-Marts of the world are fleecing the American taxpayer but this this is the real problem

#74 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,768 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

No...officer did everything right. The homeless guy is "stealing" from someone that truly needs it though. This is what's so depressing about true charitable giving and how those people are taken advantage of and WHY people question direct charitable giving to individuals that they have absolutely no information about.

I'll still donate...in fact I'll be working this weekend AT a Walmart asking for donations towards gifts to kids.

#75 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

If any of you refute the fact that 98% of all homeless persons are homeless because they can't make a change to their lives...you are fuging wrong.

fact
  • something known to be true: something that can be shown to be true, to exist, or to have happened
  • truth or reality of something: the truth or actual existence of something, as opposed to the supposition of something or a belief about something
  • piece of information: a piece of information, e.g. a statistic or a statement of the truth

I don't see "pulling random numbers out of your ass and asserting it as an irrefutable truth" anywhere, so I think your word choice might be a little off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com