Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody on here rent property?

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

scp if you need some names, leads for good prop mgt holla.

got one buddy who has lots of rentals the dude, while rolling somewhat, is ALWAYS fixing this or doing that or what have you.

im a set it and forget kinda investor. pay someone to do it for you and be the firewall you need.

totally a renters market in Charlotte area. oh and if congress gets rid of the mortgage interest deduction..oh man. look out.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pstall' timestamp='1354678985' post='2031854']

got one buddy who has lots of rentals the dude, while rolling somewhat, is ALWAYS fixing this or doing that or what have you.

im a set it and forget kinda investor. pay someone to do it for you and be the firewall you need.

totally a renters market in Charlotte area. oh and if congress gets rid of the mortgage interest deduction..oh man. look out.
[/quote]

Thanks, might take you up on that.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pstall' timestamp='1354678985' post='2031854']

[/quote]

The area where my house is located, the rental market was tight, according to my agent. Maybe it was my price range or something. SCP, I'm talking Steele Creek area, just north of you across the state line.

Posted · Report post

People on my street are getting some pretty high rental rates. I couldn't believe it when talking to some of the property owners.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1354725483' post='2032272']
People on my street are getting some pretty high rental rates. I couldn't believe it when talking to some of the property owners.
[/quote]

Seems for a multitude of reasons people will rent for more money than a house payment would be.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kurb' timestamp='1354726265' post='2032300']

Seems for a multitude of reasons people will rent for more money than a house payment would be.
[/quote]

Yep. I never looked into it until this week. Some people are making $500-$600 more than their mortgage payment each month. In one case even more than that.

Posted · Report post

if you can get 500 more and have ANY amount of unsecured debt, use that to pay that junk off muy pronto. if you don't, take half and sock it away in savings and the other in a safe index fund.