#47 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Defense too.

Eh, I'm not sure that Taylor is a better defender than Taylor. I guess that remains to be seen though. Taylor has been our best defender so far this season though.

Sidenote: Kemba is really struggling at the rim these last 5 games or so. He's just throwing up wild shots more often than not.

#48 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Mullens with a 3, in the flow of the play, open shot..... airball. Meanwhile, Jeff Taylor is shooting 40% from 3 and taking half the shots. I can't explain it.

#49 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Eh, I'm not sure that Taylor is a better defender than Taylor. I guess that remains to be seen though. Taylor has been our best defender so far this season though.

Sidenote: Kemba is really struggling at the rim these last 5 games or so. He's just throwing up wild shots more often than not.

Only reason Kemba struggles at the rim is because he doesn't get the same treatment as other players do when they drive. None of the Cats do and it will continue to be this way until we prove that we are a contender.

#50 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

His on ball defense is better than Hendo's.

I like Henderson but I wouldn't be opposed to him coming off the bench. Our second unit could use a solid veteran player like Hendo. Taylor seems to be relishing the starting role.

Really, playing down the stretch is all that matters. Dunlap will play the hot hand and who compliments each other.

#51 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

quit turning the f*cking ball over.

#52 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Only reason Kemba struggles at the rim is because he doesn't get the same treatment as other players do when they drive. None of the Cats do and it will continue to be this way until we prove that we are a contender.

That's not completely true in my opinion. Kemba throws up a ton of wild shots at the rim. He does get fouled a lot with a ton of no-calls, but at least half of his misses are just really bad shots.

Also, this is getting depressing... turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover... fug.

#53 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Kemba has actually been a good finisher at the rim this season overall. I will agree that he doesn't get the benefit of the calls at times but can't let that get to him.

#54 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

That's not completely true in my opinion. Kemba throws up a ton of wild shots at the rim. He does get fouled a lot with a ton of no-calls, but at least half of his misses are just really bad shots.

Also, this is getting depressing... turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover, turnover... fug.

See I blame it more on him being able to throw the ball up, I know when I played that if you were able to get the ball up then you weren't gonna get the call, I was always taught to go through the contact rather than alter your shot around the contact (like Walker does).

#55 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

I thought he signaled charge.

#56 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

For once, we have a solid bench; we just need a superstar at center and an above average player at power forward to compete for a championship lol.

#57 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Kemba started the season finishing well at the rim. He was shooting 60% at the rim, then 57%, then 54%, and now is down to 51% and dropping. 51% is passable for a starting PG, but only average really. Hopefully he can get that percentage back up. Developing a floater would help a LOT! Right now he is either going to pull-up for a mid range jumper or throw a wild layup off the glass. If he developed a reliable floater then that would help his percentages so much.

#58 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Really... no call?

#59 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW