Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nctarheel0619

Who would you choose for the next 5 years? Russel Wilson, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, or Ed from Good Burger Aka Bob Griffin

191 posts in this topic

His accuracy is my biggest gripe, but he's been making some amazing throws the past couple of weeks.

Still needs to work on those overthrows...'specially for ole' Smith at 5'9

Good replies fellas. I hope both of you are right.

A couple of years ago I wanted Luck. He didn't come out but that's fine. For the long term I'm taking Cam all day and all night.

Honestly, Andrew Luck

I think we have a damn good QB on our hands that's going to bring us loads of success, but I have a feeling Luck is gonna be Montana/Manning/Marino-esque. Indy does not deserve him.

1 person likes this

I asked this question partially because I went to The Panthers vs Broncos game a few weeks back. Everyone there I asked seemed to wish we had Luck instead. They were Panthers fans BTW.

i would take Andrew Luck...why?

b/c he's the best QB out of those listed...he's just got it...he seems like a very good leader...he's accurate...he knows how to get it done in the clutch...what he's doing in Indy is just special

I don't like "what ifs". It is what it is...lol

We have Cam, the Colts have Luck. That's the way it will be for the next decade or so (hopefully). The best we can do is maximize Cam's potential here to outweigh Luck's advantages that we (or at least I) drooled over two years ago.

i would take Andrew Luck...why?

b/c he's the best QB out of those listed...he's just got it...he seems like a very good leader...he's accurate...he knows how to get it done in the clutch...what he's doing in Indy is just special

Hard to argue with that.

At the risk of throwing out hyperbole like "it's not even close", I will just simply say Cam, without hesitation. Luck has had a great rookie year. Luck's team has also benefitted from a ridiculously easy schedule (still haven't even played the Texans) and also had a huge emotional lift after Pagano was diagnosed with leukemia. Even still, the Colts are still -41 in point differential on the year (don't think this means anything in comparing teams? ask Vegas oddsmakers!). By comparison, the Panthers, with a much more difficult schedule, are only -57!

Cam also has six fewer INT's and leads the league by a wide margin in yards per attempt. As we all know, Cam is still bigger, stronger, faster.

Let's just be patient and be happy that we have our guy. A new regime will do wonders for Mr. Newton.

It's not even close (couldn't resist).

This conversation definitely comes down to Luck or Newton. Its a bit tough to say, Luck is definitely ahead of Newton in terms of understanding the position, but Cam can learn that stuff. Luck will never be able to learn what Cam can already do that Luck can't (aka the natural athleticism and intimidating physicality).

People I think make a bit too big of a deal out of being "smart" enough to play quarterback... but it's really not about being what most would consider smart. It's more of an experience factor - having an endless bag of tricks to accomplish your goals. Playing quarterback is closer to playing chess than it is to designing nuclear reactors... if that makes any sense.