Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_Mango55

Controversial opinion: the read option should not be totally abandoned

26 posts in this topic

I don't think this is such a controversial opinion. The only reason we scream "rip the fuging read option section out of the playbook" is our coaching staff are morons.

Used sparingly and intelligently it can be a three or four time a game middle finger to the opposing defense.

Used as the base set for the entire fuging offense it can be a not so subtle middle finger to our developing QB...and our RBs who are given the ball 5 yards deep while not fuging moving.

Chud made a foul using it on every play!

By the way we don't use the draw play anymore! Not with cam but the rb

I just feel like our read option is so vanilla compared to the Redskins Read option. I also think Chud should've fully dived into running it out of the pistol formation like the Skins. Especially with our backs, and it provides great protect, when u run the fake out of it.

1 person likes this

The read option isn't the problem. The reason it hasn't been as effective is because out O-line run can't block and our OC doesn't run it right.

Hardly controversial...

1 person likes this

Why? Bc you are watching RGIII and the Redskins are you?

I never thought it should be COMPLETELY abandoned at all, but it should definitely NOT be our BASE offense like it is now, Chud just went full braindead on this offense

It works a lot when cam keeps it but it never works when he gives it to the running back.

It's a high risk, high reward play. If it works you're almost guaranteed at least 5 yards, if it doesn't you're essentially giving up a sack. It has it's place as a legit nfl play if you have the qb for it.