Photo
- - - - -

Cam's Rookie Passing Record

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

fug records i wanna see who wins the most super bowls.

besides cam still has some records he will not beak.

its not important though only reason it being discussed is because they are not winning. if cam had alanta record this year no one would care.

like i said....i wanna see who wins the most superbowls.

#62 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,474 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Records are made to be broken.

#63 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

He's on pace for 670 pass attempts, thats an insane amount of throwing. Stafford is well on his way to breaking the single season pass attempts record set by Bledsoe, currently on pace for 700+ attempts.

#64 Newtons2ndLaw

Newtons2ndLaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

He's on pace for 670 pass attempts, thats an insane amount of throwing. Stafford is well on his way to breaking the single season pass attempts record set by Bledsoe, currently on pace for 700+ attempts.

What`s interesting is that Cam broke Peyton`s record with ~475 attempts. Luck is already past 500 pass attempts and still hasn't broken Peytons record. On top of that Luck is on pace for 670 pass attempts, which is 153 more pass attempts than Cam got last season. If we add 153 more pass attempts to Cam's season last year, given his average gain per attempt Cam actually finishes the last season with a total of ~5280 yards which shatters Lucks predicted pace of ~4796 yards. Either way you slice it, Cam's rookie season IMO was more impressive. If you check out the vanilla soft schedule the Colts have played and the swiss cheese division they live in, it's even more so.

The only thing I find impressive about Luck, is he's a gunslinger, who airs it out much like Stafford, except he is clutch late in games. That is an area Cam desperately needs to improve upon if the Panthers want to take the next step forward.

#65 Makish

Makish

Your In the Danger Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Doesn't matter if Luck has close to 700 attempts , all that will matter is that Luck has the record

I give Luck some credit , dude has no running game and a below average defense , The kid still wins games at the end

#66 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,496 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Doesn't matter if Luck has close to 700 attempts , all that will matter is that Luck has the record

I give Luck some credit , dude has no running game and a below average defense , The kid still wins games at the end

i guess he willed the game-ending pick to bounce off jacob lacey's hands after he threw into double coverage

#67 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Instead of looking at Passer Rating which is a broken stat, look at total QBR...

Cam is #21 in QBR, Luck is 6th. Weeden is only ahead of Skelton in the NFL.

Nobody goes by that qbr trash but espn

#68 Newtons2ndLaw

Newtons2ndLaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Of course it matters, we're talking records and stats here. So theoretically he can have 1000 attempts and that wouldn't matter? They have zero run game and Cam rushed a lot himself last year, which would explain the almost 700 pass attempts. I'm not saying he wont get the record or the record isn't rightfully his, I just said I'm more impressed by Newtons numbers last year than Luck's numbers this year. I even acknowledged the fact that Luck is clutch. But don't kid yourself, attempts matter when you're speaking about passing yardage.

#69 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

i guess he willed the game-ending pick to bounce off jacob lacey's hands after he threw into double coverage

Cam has never thrown a sure-pick that dropped off of a defenders hands? That must have been poor coaching on the defense though, since players dont make plays, so we can blame it on the coaches.

#70 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Lets not be complete idiots.. I am a Cam Fan, but you know what the other rookies (Luck, RG3, Wilson)have that Cam does not? WINS! At the end of the day/season, Stats are worthless. I would start Jimmy over Cam if it would give us wins.

Same goes with thier rookie seasons, they may not all break cams records, but they all have more wins than him.

You can argue it is our coaching or whatever you want, but Wins are more important that stats.

#71 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,496 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Cam has never thrown a sure-pick that dropped off of a defenders hands?

man, that surely would tear apart my post if i said that! i can't remember posting it though, so you'll have to hunt it down for me.

That must have been poor coaching on the defense though, since players dont make plays, so we can blame it on the coaches.

actually it's more to illustrate that being "clutch" can often be a matter of luck rather than skill. who blamed anything on a coach in this circumstance?

#72 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,496 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Lets not be complete idiots.. I am a Cam Fan, but you know what the other rookies (Luck, RG3, Wilson)have that Cam does not? WINS! At the end of the day/season, Stats are worthless. I would start Jimmy over Cam if it would give us wins.

Same goes with thier rookie seasons, they may not all break cams records, but they all have more wins than him.

You can argue it is our coaching or whatever you want, but Wins are more important that stats.

wins are not a quarterback statistic

side note: who has the better coaching staff? carolina or indianapolis/washington? why so dismissive over "blaming the coaches" when most of our problems are demonstrably related to coaching? bad playcalling, bad clock management, bad situational football, mental errors-is that not coaching?

#73 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

They are both good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.