Photo
- - - - -

I really hope this month is a turning point for us

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#25 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

The season is already lost, we need to atleast try to end it on a high note.

Fug all this weak minded tanking for draft picks mentality.

#26 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

HUDDLER

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

I love seeing us win. I just don't think we can with Rivera. Like the OP said. He makes bad decisions. Taking time outs to the locker room with time on the clock, playing soft with the lead, and being stubborn in so many ways with the game plan. I thought we'd lose to Philly and we would have if not for fumbles. With Edwards gone, I looked for Charles to run over us, and he did. Same will happen this week probably with Turner. Same will likely happen with Matthews in SD and whoever against Oakland. And then I think we MIGHT close the season with a win against the taints.

Again, I love seeing the Panthers win. Rivera just doesn't seem to be a winner.

#27 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

whelp we didn't tank for a draft pick like a lot of you wanted.

so the real question is did we turn a corner in the past month? and where does rivera fit in here? i'm pretty certain he was involved in the team's improvement. i guess i'd be okay with him coming back, as long as we get one of the solid gm candidates. but rivera needs to keep trending up. reminder that just because we won all our games in december doesn't mean we have momentum going into week 1 next season. that kind of gets interrupted by 9 months of offseason. if he stays, Ron needs to make the playoffs in 2013 or face exile. this isn't trial-and-error until you get it right after 15 years.

#28 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

HUDDLER

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

I think that the guys have showed us that they believe in Ron and are willing to work hard and get better.

We absolutely need to find a way to stay healthy and we need to restructure/cut some contracts so we can spend money where it's needed most.

I think chud is the only one on the chopping block right now, but I would be shocked to see us make any sort of drastic changes in personnel. That includes GM.