Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ivan The Awesome

Seeing other teams use the Read option successfully..

Ivan The Awesome    7,028

Really pisses me off. Chud is a very creative coach. Kyle Shanahan is making things happen, he's catering to RGIII's strengths.

Which is what was done initially last year. Where did we go wrong? Is it the indecisiveness that was displayed earlier in the year? I've noticed that has happened, that ultimately kills this type of offense.

No I'm not saying I want RGIII. I respect that kid, he's got a bright future, but I believe we have a BETTER version with Cam, he has a higher ceiling.

/End Rant.

CPF4LIFE    3,726

Thing about the Skins is they can run the read option and RUN THE BALL. They have more balance in there offense.

• Pie 2

Thing about the Skins is they can run the read option and RUN THE BALL. They have more balance in there offense.

You know what pisses me off even more? That this should be a given with our team, look at our backfield... -___-

CPF4LIFE    3,726

You know what pisses me off even more? That this should be a given with our team, look at our backfield... -___-

Of course, our offensive line just picked a bad time to regress.

In all fairness though, the line is doing what it can, given all the injuries and moving parts. Not to mention a rookie at guard. There's been a lot of trouble and Gross is just getting too old.

BIGH2001    1,437

Redskins run out of the pistol which allows the back to gain momentum heading towards the line of scrimmage. We run out of the shotgun and it takes 2-3 seconds for the running back to get the ball 5 yards behind the line. What do you think the result is gonna be.

Redskins runs are designed stretch plays to get the back into the line and outside the tackles quickly. They are well designed and when mixed with the read option can confuse a defense with misdirection. Our read option (again out of shotgun thus making the redskins concept impossible) is stale and confuses no one except for the fake handoff to draw lb's then pass down the seam to the TE

carolina-chuck    2,761

He won't be as fun to watch next season. Wait till DCs start watching tapes of him just like how they did Cam.

HC needy teams, stay away from Shanahan. Chud was a primed example. Stay away.

Kevin Greene    11,966

Read Option.

Hmmm....

I'd be in favor of using sparingly anything that consistently exposes my QB to today's version of a Bill Romanowski on the field.

Sooner rather than later I expect RGIII to be suffering what Mike Vick is right now. He's too slight to absorb hits NFL defenses will square him up for given repeated opportunities.

Cam is a beast but I dont want him put at risk on a regular basis either.

New staff, pro offense, if a play breaks down and Cam scrambles like Steve Young used to fine so be it.

This is the NFL which stands for Not For Long if your starting QB runs the ball 6-12 times a game.

Honestly looking at the two side by side, Cam is the better player. He just needs the right coaches and plays and RG3 would be so far behind him it wouldn't be funny. Ultimately Cam will have the better Career. His body will hold up a lot longer.