Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seeing other teams use the Read option successfully..

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Really pisses me off. Chud is a very creative coach. Kyle Shanahan is making things happen, he's catering to RGIII's strengths.

Which is what was done initially last year. Where did we go wrong? Is it the indecisiveness that was displayed earlier in the year? I've noticed that has happened, that ultimately kills this type of offense.

No I'm not saying I want RGIII. I respect that kid, he's got a bright future, but I believe we have a BETTER version with Cam, he has a higher ceiling.

/End Rant.

Posted

Thing about the Skins is they can run the read option and RUN THE BALL. They have more balance in there offense.

2 people like this

Posted

Rg3 Hasn't taken too many pro hits! I'll take cam....he is too vickish!

Posted

Thing about the Skins is they can run the read option and RUN THE BALL. They have more balance in there offense.

You know what pisses me off even more? That this should be a given with our team, look at our backfield... -___-

Posted

Rg3 Hasn't taken too many pro hits! I'll take cam....he is too vickish!

Posted

Their line blocks

Posted

You know what pisses me off even more? That this should be a given with our team, look at our backfield... -___-

Of course, our offensive line just picked a bad time to regress.

Posted

And their qb doesn't lead them in rushing

Posted

Of course, our offensive line just picked a bad time to regress.

Regress is underplaying it. How about falling off the face of the Earth?

Posted

In all fairness though, the line is doing what it can, given all the injuries and moving parts. Not to mention a rookie at guard. There's been a lot of trouble and Gross is just getting too old.

Posted

Redskins run out of the pistol which allows the back to gain momentum heading towards the line of scrimmage. We run out of the shotgun and it takes 2-3 seconds for the running back to get the ball 5 yards behind the line. What do you think the result is gonna be.

Redskins runs are designed stretch plays to get the back into the line and outside the tackles quickly. They are well designed and when mixed with the read option can confuse a defense with misdirection. Our read option (again out of shotgun thus making the redskins concept impossible) is stale and confuses no one except for the fake handoff to draw lb's then pass down the seam to the TE

Posted

He won't be as fun to watch next season. Wait till DCs start watching tapes of him just like how they did Cam.

HC needy teams, stay away from Shanahan. Chud was a primed example. Stay away.