49 replies to this topic

#1 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,629 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

Let me start by saying "fug Luck". He's good, don't get me wrong, but he just ISN'T great. He is not living up to the hype. Sure, maybe he'll get there. He is only a rookie, and from that perspective, he's playing really, really well. However, his completion percentage and QB rating are far from spectacular. He turns the ball over a lot (again, rookie, so we can give him a pass this season). But, he is good at reading a defense presnap and adjusting. He's just not THAT great to me, or at least, not as good as the hype. Cam's performance last year (and arguably this year) has been superior to Luck's. RGIII has CERTAINLY played better.

I'm sick of hearing about "Amazing Andrew". He had a comeback this week...that he put himself in and the rest of his team ALLOWED him to pull off. 3 INTs is hard on a defense, but they pulled through and kept it to a one score game late to allow the comeback. He is NOT in the running for ROTY. That goes to RGIII, undoubtedly. Maybe next year he'll improve, maybe he won't. I think he will. But goddamn, I am sick to death of hearing about how "great" he is playing. He's not. He's playing really well for a rookie. That is all. Not a world-beater.

#2 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

the colts are 8-4 with the benefit of playing the 30th most difficult schedule in the league (based on sagarin's #s). we've seen what luck does against teams with any kind of talent (it's generally not good). he leads the league in interceptions and he's only completing 55.5% of his passes. the people over-hyping him are the same ones who compared him to elway before the draft, much like the people who are down on cam are the same ones who claimed he'd bust before the draft. in fact, carolina has played the 4th most difficult schedule (again according to sagarin) and i'd say that cam's numbers are clearly superior (as were his rookie numbers). at this point it's cam and rg3 as 1A and 1B with luck lagging behind. don't get me wrong, luck will likely be good; but he isn't on cam or rg3's level.

#3 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

also i'm pretty sure cam would love to be on a team in which he could play less than a perfect game and still win. luck's day was pretty bad but his supporting cast (and the mediocre-at-best lions) put him in a position to check down for the game winning touchdown

#4 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,160 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

you make no sense. You say sure he is great at this and that. But then you say to me he isn't that great. Make up your mind.

#5 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

The 2am-3am rants are always the best. Turn ESPN off and get back to studying. And quit feeding the Cantrell

#6 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,629 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

you make no sense. You say sure he is great at this and that. But then you say to me he isn't that great. Make up your mind.

No, I am giving him credit at the things he does do well. But, overall, he isn't that great. For a rookie, he's playing well. As a QB, regardless of age, he's not all that. He's not even the best QB in his draft class. Not even close. That was the point. Reading comprehension getting you a little bit?

#7 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,826 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

also i'm pretty sure cam would love to be on a team in which he could play less than a perfect game and still win. luck's day was pretty bad but his supporting cast (and the mediocre-at-best lions) put him in a position to check down for the game winning touchdown

This.

Last year we had the offense and no defense.

This year we have a surprising Defense and our coaches fuged Cam in the ass with the system we run.

Also, when have we had luck (like RGIII) to fumble a ball and it gets picked up and run in by a teammate... that poo does not happen for the Panthers.

Plus, I still hate Luck for his dis (perceived or otherwise) of us in the previous draft.

#8 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

do we have such an inferiority complex that we have to hate on another QB to feel better about ours? The dude is ballin'

#9 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,262 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Deja vu, I swear I've seen this thread before.

Luck isn't perfect but he is going to be a good quarterback. You guys are just going to have to accept that.

#10 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,629 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

do we have such an inferiority complex that we have to hate on another QB to feel better about ours? The dude is ballin'

Ballin'? Hardly. His team is winning in spite of his play at times (like this past week). If his defense doesn't play as well as it does, or if the Colts played our schedule strength, I think the Colts would likely have fewer wins and his numbers may even be worse (which is saying a lot, because he's not necessarily great numbers-wise).

It's not an inferiority complex. This has nothing to do with Cam. It has everything to do with the hype he got predraft and the hype he STILL has now (I mean, I think on ESPN at some point today they mentioned a possibility at an MVP run this season for Luck? fuging LOL).

Luck will likely be a solid NFL QB, but he's not right now. He's playing well for a rookie, but he has not impressed me any more than that.

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Yeah the Colts suck even though they are most likely headed to the playoffs.

But hey, our guys dance much better as your posts prove, we are more stylish by the clothing lines we put out and our QB is on faaaaaar more commercials than Luck. Luck could only do the caveman Geico commercials.

Now, you guys feel better?

#12 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,629 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Yeah the Colts suck even though they are most likely headed to the playoffs.

But hey, our guys dance much better as your posts prove, we are more stylish by the clothing lines we put out and our QB is on faaaaaar more commercials than Luck. Luck could only do the caveman Geico commercials.

Now, you guys feel better?

They MIGHT make the playoffs, but goddamn, look at their schedule. The ONLY notable win was over Green Bay, and the defense kept that game in hand for the offense. The Colts are NOT a great team (needed OT to beat Tennessee). They could realistically get swept to end the year if they're not careful (basing that on the fact that Tennessee played them very, very close last game and probably should have won it; they have to play Houston twice in 3 weeks; KC got us last week, and if that wasn't a fluke, they'll beat Indy). If that happens, they MIGHT get a wildcard.

#13 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

they might....you won't!

#14 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

We have a much harder schedule than the creampuff of a schedule the Colts got. Luck will look very normal next year with tape on him and a tougher schedule.

#15 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,629 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

We have a much harder schedule than the creampuff of a schedule the Colts got. Luck will look very normal next year with tape on him and a tougher schedule.

I want to say that, but I don't know if I can. While the Colts will surely have a tougher schedule next season, Luck will have a year of experience and another off-season to improve. He'll definitely have to adjust to adjustments (something Cam is only JUST starting to get...or perhaps Cam is only JUST being allowed to deal with....) that defenses make based on the film they now have. I see Luck, RGIII, Cam, et al all progressing the same way. A few rough years, but once they finally "get it" and start just tweaking MINOR things in-game, they will be the new Brady/Manning/Manning/Roethlisberger/etc.

What I'm saying is, Luck may have a similar year next year, but I think he will eventually be a pretty good QB. I just think Cam and RGIII will be better, with RGIII having the biggest risk of lasting the least amount of time playing at the level of Cam and Luck due to taking a ton of hits at his size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.