49 replies to this topic

#16 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

luck is better than cam because his team has more wins, much like trent dilfer is better than dan marino because he has more super bowl rings

We have a much harder schedule than the creampuff of a schedule the Colts got. Luck will look very normal next year with tape on him and a tougher schedule.

yeah that team's going to get shredded next year, much like it did against the bears and the patriots

#17 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Yeah the Colts suck even though they are most likely headed to the playoffs.

But hey, our guys dance much better as your posts prove, we are more stylish by the clothing lines we put out and our QB is on faaaaaar more commercials than Luck. Luck could only do the caveman Geico commercials.

Now, you guys feel better?

i can hear the straw man rustling all the way across the internet.

i mean really is massively misrepresenting the actual content of the argument the only thing you can do here? i know there's no chance in hell you'd be willing to argue that any quarterback starting on this team could throw three picks and still have a chance at all of winning.

really let's duplicate the scenario: we've passed the two minute warning and the panthers defense has to force a stop against the opposition deep in their own territory to force a punt and give our offense the ball back. are you confident they can do it?

luck is better than cam because his team has more wins, much like trent dilfer is better than dan marino because he has more super bowl rings

dead serious i have witnessed people unironically make that argument.

#18 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

by the way here's a screencap of the game ending pick bouncing harmlessly off jacob lacey's hands:

Posted Image

#19 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

At the end of the day, you don't need to be impressed with Andrew Luck.

/thread

#20 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

At the end of the day, you don't need to be impressed with Andrew Luck.

/thread

well pack it in guys, no more discussion of this issue

varking ended the thread

#21 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Let me start by saying "fug Luck". He's good, don't get me wrong, but he just ISN'T great. He is not living up to the hype. Sure, maybe he'll get there. He is only a rookie, and from that perspective, he's playing really, really well. However, his completion percentage and QB rating are far from spectacular. He turns the ball over a lot (again, rookie, so we can give him a pass this season). But, he is good at reading a defense presnap and adjusting. He's just not THAT great to me, or at least, not as good as the hype. Cam's performance last year (and arguably this year) has been superior to Luck's. RGIII has CERTAINLY played better.

I'm sick of hearing about "Amazing Andrew". He had a comeback this week...that he put himself in and the rest of his team ALLOWED him to pull off. 3 INTs is hard on a defense, but they pulled through and kept it to a one score game late to allow the comeback. He is NOT in the running for ROTY. That goes to RGIII, undoubtedly. Maybe next year he'll improve, maybe he won't. I think he swill. But goddamn, I am sick to death of hearing about how "great" he is playing. He's not. He's playing really well for a rookie. That is all. Not a world-beater.

The team success is due to the team as a whole. Which goes to show how foolish it is to blame Cam for every team lost.

Luck ints is one away from Cam's rookie season, so why r the Colts 8-5 at this juncture and play off bound and the Panthers was 6-10 at the end of the season.

#22 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

The team success is due to the team as a whole. Which goes to show how foolish it is to blame Cam for every team lost.

Luck ints is one away from Cam's rookie season, so why r the Colts 8-5 at this juncture and play off bound and the Panthers was 6-10 at the end of the season.

A weaker schedule and better leadership out of the QB position. You hear 0 issues with anybody on that team and Andrew Luck. They all have bought in.

Indy is ranked 22nd in total defense, the Panthers are 15th.

Indy 20th against the pass, Carolina 12th.

Indy 19th against the rush, Carolina 21st. 13 yard difference.

Carolina is 21 in points allowed, Indy 23.

So its not the defense....

Offense?

Indy is 8th in passing yards. Carolina is 17th.

Carolina 11th best rushing attack in the NFL. Indy is 22.

Indy 17th in points.

Carolina 22nd.

Indy is dead last in kickoff return average...

I could go on and on but rather than be able to give props to a player on another team, we will just pretend what he has done is unimpressive just because of how spoiled we were a year ago watching Cam.

#23 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,571 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

He will be great

#24 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Any QB who is 31st in Passer Rating, 33rd in Completion % and tied for lead in interceptions should never be considered for MVP, ROY. Period.

#25 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Any QB who is 31st in Passer Rating, 33rd in Completion % and tied for lead in interceptions should never be considered for MVP, ROY. Period.

Kid's been overrated since his sophomore year at Stanford. He will be a GOOD QB but he isnt "the next Peyton". And he's not as good as RG3 or Cam. I applaud the Colts, they've had a memorable season and deserve props for it, but when dudes talk about ROY or MVP they turn Luck into the pocket passer version of The Golden Calf of Bristol. Shitty stats, but "4th quarter comebacks!", "he just wins!", it does him a disservice. I'm sure he wants to be better than 31st ranked passer in the NFL regardless if his team is winning or not.

#26 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Kid's been overrated since his sophomore year at Stanford. He will be a GOOD QB but he isnt "the next Peyton". And he's not as good as RG3 or Cam. I applaud the Colts, they've had a memorable season and deserve props for it, but when dudes talk about ROY or MVP they turn Luck into the pocket passer version of The Golden Calf of Bristol. Shitty stats, but "4th quarter comebacks!", "he just wins!", it does him a disservice. I'm sure he wants to be better than 31st ranked passer in the NFL regardless if his team is winning or not.

Some people got butt hurt when I said earlier that Luck's stats are closer to The Golden Calf of Bristol than they are to RG3.

#27 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

I think this has been a great year for rookie qb's.

Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Wilson. All look like they have bright futures, especially when you think of guys like Peyton, or Aikman and the first seasons they had.

#28 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Your job as a QB isn't to light up a stats sheet, its to lead your team to wins. I would bet you anything in the world that Marino would give up all his stats for Terry Bradshaws rings...

#29 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Your job as a QB isn't to light up a stats sheet, its to lead your team to wins. I would bet you anything in the world that Marino would give up all his stats for Terry Bradshaws rings...

Cam puts up better stats. We have less wins. Forget Indy's defensive numbers. Look at the play. Hell, look at Luck's play. Indy keeps Luck in games. Cam throws 3 INTs, we lose with absolutely no chance. Luck throws 3 INTs, he is in a position to win and does. If you think Indy's defense hasn't helped them win games, you're fuging blind.

#30 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Luck doesn't get wins. That team gets wins. Because wins and losses are a team stat. Luck's individual performance has been sub-par. Anybody who cannot see it is blind. Will he be good eventually? Yes. Will he ever be Cam good? No. He won't. You want inconsistency? You could say he's had a good game if he completes 53% of his passes (Luck, I mean). That's not a good sign as far as consistency goes. He throws a pretty ball most of the time. Makes PLENTY of bad decisions, though, and just flat out misses on plenty of throws as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.