49 replies to this topic

#31 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

Cam puts up better stats. We have less wins. Forget Indy's defensive numbers. Look at the play. Hell, look at Luck's play. Indy keeps Luck in games. Cam throws 3 INTs, we lose with absolutely no chance. Luck throws 3 INTs, he is in a position to win and does. If you think Indy's defense hasn't helped them win games, you're fuging blind.

Couple of things real quick... When Luck throws three INTs, his team is 1-2. In those three games he has 7 touchdown passes as well. The Colts in those games lost by 20, 25, and won by 2. I would hardly say when he throws three picks he is in position to win.

Cam Newton in games with three INTs, 0-4. In those games he has 6 Touchdowns ( rushing and throwing ) to his 13 interceptions. The Panthers in those games;

Cam throws 3 ints and 0 tds, Panthers lose by 14 to Giants. Cam also rushed poorly that game, racking up 6 yards of 6 carries.

Cam throws 3 INTs against Green Bay and the Panthers lose by 3, and they were just yards away from winning. So do not give me the crap argument of we lose with no chance if Cam plays poorly.

Cam throws three picks against Atlanta, we lose by 14.

Cam throws 4 picks against Detroit, we lose by 14.

Cam and the Panthers, when close in games, have not been clutch. Luck and the Colts make the most of the opportunities they are given.

Also, Luck would not have to throw or press as much if his defense didn't give up tons of points or yards. Luck also has taken advantage of his situation. When his team is trailing in the fourth he finds a way to lead his team down the field. He has something like 6 fourth quarter comebacks, and four game winning drives.

If you think Indys terrible defense has been the reason they are winning, then you are fuqing blind.

Lastly, no need to double post. Breathe, relax, and edit your post if you want to add stuff.

#32 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,475 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

A weaker schedule and better leadership out of the QB position. You hear 0 issues with anybody on that team and Andrew Luck. They all have bought in.

Indy is ranked 22nd in total defense, the Panthers are 15th.

Indy 20th against the pass, Carolina 12th.

Indy 19th against the rush, Carolina 21st. 13 yard difference.

Carolina is 21 in points allowed, Indy 23.

So its not the defense....

Offense?

Indy is 8th in passing yards. Carolina is 17th.

Carolina 11th best rushing attack in the NFL. Indy is 22.

Indy 17th in points.

Carolina 22nd.

Indy is dead last in kickoff return average...

I could go on and on but rather than be able to give props to a player on another team, we will just pretend what he has done is unimpressive just because of how spoiled we were a year ago watching Cam.

So, let's get down to the brass tax on why they have won.......it is because they have played one of the 3 EASIEST schedules in the league.

#33 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,465 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Lmao Varking still adamantly downplaying the entire football team Luck is surrounded by.

What a bunch of scrubs they have, Andrew must be getting so tired of carrying the whole squad.

#34 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

I don't understand why everything has to go back to Cam when we are discussing Luck...

Still if I had to choose between Cam having our current roster, or the colts roster (minus the QB), I am still keeping our roster... I believe from watching a lot of both of these teams our overall team talent is better.

To the point of Luck, I have also been a defender of his during the year, and had him as the OROY. However, over the last few weeks I have changed my vote... I would give the nod to RG III at this point. That's not an indictment on Luck, but for this season only what RG III has done in the NFC East is more than impressive. Still there is a lot of time to see what happens to these QB's and how will they develop... Will one of them turn into the elite consistent QB Manning and Brady have been almost guaranteeing their teams make the post season through all the personnel changes??

#35 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Is it RGIII or the offense? Their backup looked pretty darn good.

#36 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hoping Luck eats poo and bust the league. He don't want to ba a Panther, I din't want him to win.

#37 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hoping Luck eats poo and bust the league. He don't want to ba a Panther, I din't want him to win.

Also, Andrew Luck broke Cams year old Passing Yardage record with one game to go. HOW DARE HE DO THAT!

On also, the Colts went from 2-14 to 10-5 so far this year.

#38 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Also, Andrew Luck broke Cams year old Passing Yardage record with one game to go. HOW DARE HE DO THAT!

On also, the Colts went from 2-14 to 10-5 so far this year.

Is anyone really surprised he broke Cam's record? He has thrown the ball 82 more times than Cam did all last year, and that's with one game left in the season.(Cam 517 last year, Luck 599 so far this year.) No one on ESPN will ever mention that he has a lower completion percentage or way more turnovers(18 int's to 9 fumbles, to Cam's 17 int's and 3 fumbles.), and less overall TD's,(Cam 35, Luck 26). And before you say he wins games, take note of the fact that 7 of their 10 wins came against teams with a record at or worse than 5-10.

#39 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Just expanding on what Munch4455 said...

Looking at Luck, Wilson and Rg3....for me Rg3 is having the best year, because I think Luck's stats are misleading. Here is a comparision of 3 great rookie QB years

Manning (1998) - 575 attempts, 56% completion, 26 TD, 28 INTs, 62 rush yards, no rushing TDs
Newton (2011) - 517 attempts, 60% completion, 21 TD, 17 INT, 706 rushing yards, 14 rushing TDs
Luck (2012) - 599 attempts (he has one game left), 54% completion 21 TD, 18 INT - 254 rushing yards, 5 rushing TDs

It took luck almost 600 attempts to get to 4000 with a game to go, and his completion % is not that good. I only give him props for the 4th quarter comebacks.

Russel Wilson is a game manager on a team with a great defense and a great running game. He has little pressure on him. He is not asked to do much, compared to the other two.

I think RG3 gets the edge out of all 3. The redskins are a poo team, but when that guy is on the field, he makes things happen. He led the league in QB rating most of the year. He is the best decision maker of all 3 at this point in their careers....

#40 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,465 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Russel Wilson is a game manager on a team with a great defense and a great running game. He has little pressure on him. He is not asked to do much, compared to the other two.

I think RG3 gets the edge out of all 3. The redskins are a poo team, but when that guy is on the field, he makes things happen. He led the league in QB rating most of the year. He is the best decision maker of all 3 at this point in their careers....

I have to disagree, you can't call Wilson a game manager and then in the same breath tout Robert Griffin. The Panthers embarrassed him and the Redskins. Honestly they could start Cousins without that much drop off.

#41 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

If you think the Redskins could replace RG3 with Cousins and still be in contention for the playoffs you are out of your damn mind. Cousins played a good game- against the browns. That one drive he had in the Ravens game is more impressive than beating the Browns, and the Ravens arent even good this year.

He also played a bit against the Falcons and threw 9 passes and 2 picks. Not impressed.

RG3 for ROY. Though Luck has been solid, RG3 has been great

#42 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,465 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

If you think the Redskins could replace RG3 with Cousins and still be in contention for the playoffs you are out of your damn mind. Cousins played a good game- against the browns. That one drive he had in the Ravens game is more impressive than beating the Browns, and the Ravens arent even good this year.

He also played a bit against the Falcons and threw 9 passes and 2 picks. Not impressed.

RG3 for ROY. Though Luck has been solid, RG3 has been great

Clearly you are drinking the kool aid heavily. Hey that's your opinion, I stand by mine.

I like Griffin, but he isn't rookie of the year, period. If he isn't careful his career could be injury plagued aswell.

As for Cousins, he is no scrub. With more playing time I have no doubt he would improve.

#43 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts go from 2-14 to 11-5!

Get the Head Coach back from Chemo!

End the regular season beating the Houton Texans!

AND they have their ticket punched for the Post Season!

WTG COLTS!

#44 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,549 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

So, let's get down to the brass tax on why they have won.......it is because they have played one of the 3 EASIEST schedules in the league.

Indy played Green Bay - WON!
Indy played the Vikes - WON
Indy Played the Bears - Lost
Indy Played #1 Texans Twice - WON-Lost
Indy played NE Pats AWAY - Lost

Yep, Indy had a easy schedule.

#45 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Good to see luck fail. Asshole stayed in school to keep from coming to Charlotte. I will tell you, I've been to indy a couple times. Charlotte would be my choice! Luck is an idiot at best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com