Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drug addiction

38 posts in this topic

Posted

i'm shocked that people attempt to transfer responsbility for their own problems... Good thing nobody on this board would ever do such a weak-willed thing... We really should all get together and teach the rest of the world how to live.

i don't understand your point... other than your usual play at feeling smug and superior.

1 person likes this

Posted

Semantics aside, inner demons or coping mechanisms are the result of using a drug to escape from something in their lives. Whether they are deflecting blame or not it's irrelevant. Smokers aren't using tobacco to release themselves from those burdens. It's simply a bad habit, however severe you want to make it.

I've been smoking for 17 years now. I come up with excuses for why I keep smoking but it's not easing any kind of a pain for me, nor has it ever.

Posted

doesn't relieve stress? doesn't relax you?

Posted

i'm shocked that people attempt to transfer responsbility for their own problems... Good thing nobody on this board would ever do such a weak-willed thing... We really should all get together and teach the rest of the world how to live.

i don't understand your point... other than your usual play at feeling smug and superior.

We have not passed that subtle line between childhood and adulthood until... we have stopped saying "It got lost," and say "I lost it."

Sydney J Harris

As far as me being smug and superior...that's just your interpretation. I certainly don't feel that way.

Posted

Semantics aside, inner demons or coping mechanisms are the result of using a drug to escape from something in their lives. Whether they are deflecting blame or not it's irrelevant. Smokers aren't using tobacco to release themselves from those burdens. It's simply a bad habit, however severe you want to make it.

I've been smoking for 17 years now. I come up with excuses for why I keep smoking but it's not easing any kind of a pain for me, nor has it ever.

So you're saying that because it doesn't get you high, the addiction and side effects don't count?

Seems to me using that logic cigarettes should be illegal long before drugs are.

Hey, as long as it doesn't make you feel good, go kill yourself slowly.

Posted

We have not passed that subtle line between childhood and adulthood until... we have stopped saying "It got lost," and say "I lost it."

Sydney J Harris

isn't that obvious?

no argument here.

Posted

isn't that obvious?

no argument here.

its obviously not obvious to everyone

Posted

obviously their obvliviousness is obfuscating their ahhhhhhhhhhh.... i lost it.

and it's your fault.

Posted

doesn't relieve stress? doesn't relax you?

Sometimes. It's been a while since I enjoyed smoking a cigarette. Oddly enough the last one I really enjoyed was after I quit for a while.

So you're saying that because it doesn't get you high, the addiction and side effects don't count?

Seems to me using that logic cigarettes should be illegal long before drugs are.

Hey, as long as it doesn't make you feel good, go kill yourself slowly.

No, I'm saying it's different than what the OP was inferring. Context man.

Posted

Sometimes. It's been a while since I enjoyed smoking a cigarette. Oddly enough the last one I really enjoyed was after I quit for a while.

No, I'm saying it's different than what the OP was inferring. Context man.

i just switched to an ecig in the last month... cut me down to about 1 regular a day... i feel better, smell better and enjoy that 1 a day more. I recommend it if you get a good one.

Posted

First, enjoy the pie. My fat fingers must have thought you needed it.

Om nyom nyom!

Posted

i just switched to an ecig in the last month... cut me down to about 1 regular a day... i feel better, smell better and enjoy that 1 a day more. I recommend it if you get a good one.

I tried that for a while last year actually. It didn't help me much. Chantix worked wonders for me but I ended starting back when I'd go out drinking. The wife and I have decided on new years this year. No more excuses, no more 'once in a while', flat out cold turkey....2012 will be the last time I ever have a cigarette period. Having both quit before for various amounts of time we're both confident this is the time. We're both sick of it.