54 replies to this topic

#16 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,026 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Gross, Hangman, and whoever is at RG have all sucked this season. I can see a scenario of upgrading the LT spot and moving Gross to RT. But with Bell doing a pretty good job, I can also see them cutting ties with him.

#17 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,266 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

No way, unless you want Cam to go on IR. we have no one behind him.

#18 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

The cut Gross talk is LOL.

LT's dont grow on trees.

#19 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

When I said losing the Eagles game would be huge for the franchise, I meant it. Time will tell but I truly believe both teams new regimes will GREATLY covet Luke Joeckel. Gross is such a liability it's not even remotely funny. I was reamed for wanting to sacrifice a meaningless win over the Eagles for 10-15 years of rock solid protection for our franchise QB (that we WON'T find anywhere else).

Like I said time will tell, we would be behind the Eagles if the draft were today but their remaining opponents have three more wins than our remaining opponents so we still have a chance if we finish with the same record (I believe we win at least one more as well). If not, someone please explain HOW we are going to get rid of Gross and find a legit, bonafide blue chip replacement???

#20 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

I very seriously doubt it. I thought he looked promising in preseason, but if he had the ability, he'd be on the field somewhere given our current OL issues.

Well Rivera has stated that Campbell is strictly an OT. With Gross and Bell firmly penciled into both spots it's hard to imagine Campbell getting any work in.

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'd restructure Gross. It's not easy to find a solid LT. Does anyone think Campbell could be our future LT?

Campbell? Lol
Please stop. If people are calling for Gross' head, no one wanna see Campbell as the starting LT. Cam would be on his @ss 2x more

#22 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

I am fine with restructuring not cutting; he is still above average to me (and one of the team leaders which we have very little of). it is very hard to find a top LT especially since we might not be picking in the top 3 this year look at the eagles, redskins, cowboys, Chicago they are still looking for a LT. i say leave him on a restructured deal for now and fix other glaring holes

Skins and cowboys are in the playoff hunt

#23 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

This is why I made an OLine topic stating we need to draft a top LT with our top 5 pick

#24 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

I'm assuming Wharton was offered a restructure. I can almost guarantee a new GM will offer both Gross, Gamble, and maybe Beason and Anderson restructure deals. I could see none of them taking said restructure deals (which is completely their choice) and being either cut or traded.

I don't want this to happen, as I think all four of those players can help and contribute to our team in the future (albeit possibly at different positions- Beason WLB or SLB and Gross -Guard or RT) but wouldn't blame them for trying to get one last decent deal on another team.

Complete tangent, but if Gamble is cut/.traded he could make a huge impact on a contender. New England, for example, would have Gamble and Talib as starters. My head hurts.

#25 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

I'm assuming Wharton was offered a restructure. I can almost guarantee a new GM will offer both Gross, Gamble, and maybe Beason and Anderson restructure deals. I could see none of them taking said restructure deals (which is completely their choice) and being either cut or traded.

I don't want this to happen, as I think all four of those players can help and contribute to our team in the future (albeit possibly at different positions- Beason WLB or SLB and Gross -Guard or RT) but wouldn't blame them for trying to get one last decent deal on another team.

Complete tangent, but if Gamble is cut/.traded he could make a huge impact on a contender. New England, for example, would have Gamble and Talib as starters. My head hurts.

They have McCourty

#26 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,221 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Beason costs a poo ton to restructure because his 12 million in remaining signing bonus prorates.....

#27 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

He did not get abused. It's ridiculous to even think that.

#28 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,523 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

I can see him moving to the right side eventually

#29 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Pretty sure Gross will get cut

#30 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

Thanks, a thread telling us to cut gross inside of bell!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com