30 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

We won't have a 100 yard rusher at all unless it's done by breaking off a single long run 60-70 yards. Williams just had the best game a Panther RB has had this season but got so few carries he didn't approach 100.

#17 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Bringing Armond Smith up, and playing him would mean we can't stash him on the PS next year, which is why I don't think we'll see him.

#18 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,227 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Bringing Armond Smith up, and playing him would mean we can't stash him on the PS next year, which is why I don't think we'll see him.

We most likely wont have Double Trouble much longer.....meaning we need a new RB. Cheap one. Stashing him in the PS is pointless if you never plan on developing and giving him a shot

#19 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,360 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

We most likely wont have Double Trouble much longer.....meaning we need a new RB. Cheap one. Stashing him in the PS is pointless if you never plan on developing and giving him a shot

It's going to be pretty hard for a team over the cap next year to cut someone who'll cost money to cut, it's cheaper to keep Williams next season then to cut or trade him. Even if they spread his cap hit over two seasons, it's only going to save the team roughly 600k next season. It's far more likely that Ron Rivera is Fired and Williams is kept for one more season.

#20 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,144 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Jokes on you, I don't have a left nut

Did they call you, "Uni" in high school like they did me?

#21 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,144 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

I lost mine to a tragic morning American flag raising ceremony which involved horseplay and a 3 foot high arc of bricks around the flag pole while in the 8th grade and doing my duty in the Key Club. :)

(Not true but I know someone that this shlt happened to)

I call him Uni to this day.

#22 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Anyone remember if he has good catching hands?

#23 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,227 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

It's going to be pretty hard for a team over the cap next year to cut someone who'll cost money to cut, it's cheaper to keep Williams next season then to cut or trade him. Even if they spread his cap hit over two seasons, it's only going to save the team roughly 600k next season. It's far more likely that Ron Rivera is Fired and Williams is kept for one more season.

Gonna have to make some moves with 2014 in mind.

Keep Williams next year THEN try and trade a 31 yr old RB with a fat contract? Seriously? Williams will never be traded.

Carolina will part with some of Hurney's sqaud. Slowly but it will be big names and faces. Not sure why people think firing coaches and keeping Hurney's old crew is the thing to do......not realistic IMO.

Williams is already being phases out. New coach and new GM aren't suddenly going to think a roster full of expensive RBs is smart going forward.....no team in NFL history outside Hunrey has.

#24 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

I lost mine to a tragic morning American flag raising ceremony which involved horseplay and a 3 foot high arc of bricks around the flag pole while in the 8th grade and doing my duty in the Key Club. :)

(Not true but I know someone that this shlt happened to)

I call him Uni to this day.

Huh? Lol

#25 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,144 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

Huh? Lol

No shlt, a guy at Burns Jr. High School (Lawndale, NC) in about 1981 got pushed off of the three foot high bricks during the flag raising ceremony and lost a nut to rupture because he straddled the bricks on the way down.

Classic.

#26 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

No shlt, a guy at Burns Jr. High School (Lawndale, NC) in about 1981 got pushed off of the three foot high bricks during the flag raising ceremony and lost a nut to rupture because he straddled the bricks on the way down.

Classic.

Ooooooommmggggg

#27 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Classic.

How is this classic???!?! You're sick my friend. Poor guy. Must've been the most painful thing ever.

#28 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,558 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Where the hell do you get those numbers from? William's Cap hit next year is 8.2million, if he was cut his remaining signing bonus acceleration would be 9.6million, if spread over two years would be 4.8milliion per, or a savings of 3.4million next year. Jesus Christ people, quit making poo up.

#29 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Back to Armond Smith....haha

Well the good news is that since the playoffs are lost and we are down here, might as well find out what you have in the backups for some decent value.

You've got Armond, Joe Adams, Frank Kearse, DJ Campbell, and others who may get more playing time to see what they're made of these final 4 games.

#30 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

If you listen to BB, he'll be used on special teams, and I'll bet he gets some carries against Atlanta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.