Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Off-season of Change

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'll take it!

Posted · Report post

clearly you don't know that much about Mike Jenkins

My best friend/roommate is a Cowboys fan. He hates Jenkins, he is an overrated poor ball hawk, who gets torched slightly less often than he gets injured. He also wants a big contract, as in number one corner money. I'm sorry but our corners have not been THAT bad this year. Gamble-Norman-Munnerlyn is a pretty solid one two three. Who would you have Jenkins replace? Gamble -LOL, Norman-i'd rather try to develop our cheap, potentially number one guy, and Munnerlyn is great at guarding the slot

I knoe Mike Jenkins. He came out of USF.

I always thought that he was average but he's 10x more what we have atm. He's to me is a pretty good cover guy with ball hawking ability. He's not even injury proned till like this season.

I can tell you no cbs me next year is going to get any big bucks. Jenkins will def be had at the cheap. I do prefer Sean, Cason and DRC ahead of him, but I don't care at this point.

Posted · Report post

If you remove one year from his career, 2009, in which he had 49 tackles and 5 interceptions, his other fours years amount to 103 tackles and 3 ints and 1 FF. To put that in perspective he is on average: 25.75 tackles, 0.75 ints, and .25 FF- every year. Now whether that's injuries or just sucking I'm not sure.

congrats you know his college- so did I, that doesn't make him a good player and getting drafted in the first round by Jerry Jones is no way a stamp of approval.

I'll give you this, if he CAN be had for cheap at a two year max deal then I would bite, but I doubt that is likely.

Oh and just for comparison- Norman has 70 tackles and an INT this year, his rookie year.

Posted · Report post

I knoe Mike Jenkins. He came out of USF.

I always thought that he was average but he's 10x more what we have atm. He's to me is a pretty good cover guy with ball hawking ability. He's not even injury proned till like this season.

I can tell you no cbs me next year is going to get any big bucks. Jenkins will def be had at the cheap. I do prefer Sean, Cason and DRC ahead of him, but I don't care at this point.

Wait.... are those other corners you mentioned free agents coming up?

Posted · Report post

If you remove one year from his career, 2009, in which he had 49 tackles and 5 interceptions, his other fours years amount to 103 tackles and 3 ints and 1 FF. To put that in perspective he is on average: 25.75 tackles, 0.75 ints, and .25 FF- every year. Now whether that's injuries or just sucking I'm not sure.

congrats you know his college- so did I, that doesn't make him a good player and getting drafted in the first round by Jerry Jones is no way a stamp of approval.

I'll give you this, if he CAN be had for cheap at a two year max deal then I would bite, but I doubt that is likely.

Oh and just for comparison- Norman has 70 tackles and an INT this year, his rookie year.

I'm not looking to sign any CBs for more than a year. I want the new GM to be smart and get a guy like Cason, DRC, Sean, Grimes or Jenkins on a 1yr deal.

Carlos Rogers is much more talented than the guys above and he's barely getting anything from SF.

Posted · Report post

Wait.... are those other corners you mentioned free agents coming up?

Yeap!!!

Cason, DRC, Sean, Jenkins, Grimes are all upcoming FAs

Posted · Report post

Yeap!!!

Cason, DRC, Sean, Jenkins, Grimes are all upcoming FAs

Well in that case.... give me DRC or Sean Smith or heck just to spite Atlanta, LETS GET GRIMES! lol

Posted · Report post

Well in that case.... give me DRC or Sean Smith or heck just to spite Atlanta, LETS GET GRIMES! lol

I love DRC and then Sean.

But DRC been playing badly ever since he landed in Philly. I think he's still a very damn good shut down corner playing in a bad Philly team.

Posted · Report post

What about Nnamdi Asomugha? I guess not because he is basically playing the same system as is being played in Philly.

Posted · Report post

What about Nnamdi Asomugha? I guess not because he is basically playing the same system as is being played in Philly.

I wouldnt rule out the possibility of Philly cutting Nnamdi. He's been one of the worst CB the last two season.

A lot of people is saying that he loss the passion to play the game. Dnt want someone who's playing for the money only.

I rather take DRC.

Posted · Report post

I wouldnt rule out the possibility of Philly cutting Nnamdi. He's been one of the worst CB the last two season.

A lot of people is saying that he loss the passion to play the game. Dnt want someone who's playing for the money only.

I rather take DRC.

I hear ya.

Posted · Report post

Plus, even after playing poorly in Philly, Nnamdi would probably be way too expensive for us.