Photo
- - - - -

For those of you that want to cut Jordan Gross...

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#16 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,441 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

would be like an 8mil cap hit if we cut him next year

#17 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Gross is past his prime and we have already paid big money to too many past their prime players. Gross and Gamble will afford us the most cap relief through a restructuring or an out right release. So as much as i hate to say it, they gotta go. I've been a huge Gross and Gamble supporter over the years but its time to realize that our team has very few legitimate core players and the rest must be weeded out and replaced. This will take awhile.

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,825 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

OP living up to his name i see...

gross is a decent tackle. he's getting paid as an elite tackle. we need cap room. none of things things go together.

#19 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Draft Joeckel if on the board and kick Gross to compete with Bell for RT if he will restructure, that simple! If not, then draft an LT in second to compete with Gross and swallow pride!

#20 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,235 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Come on now thats been the case since 03. One down year doesnt make him a bum. You cut him and he will end up winning rings in Philly..

This has got to be a trolling post, there's no other way

#21 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,442 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Top 5 LT? lmfao

#22 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,741 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Methinks OP has on the rose sunglasses

#23 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Just draft a high end LT and be done with it. Gross was always better at RT, it just kind of worked itself out when we got Otah and moved him over to LT and Wharton over to LG.

#24 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Jordan is not a top 5 tackle anymore. He is definitely paid more than he is worth. All that being said, some of the misinformation in this thread is over the top. Some examples follow:

No he's not...he's a middle grade LT coming off a major injury that is getting paid 8.5 million this year.

Coming off what major injury? And he got paid a lot more than 8.5 million this year.

If we can get him to not commit 33 false starts and holding penalties a game, then he might be useful.

I'll bet Gross has 6 or fewer penalties for the whole year. I can remember maybe 4 off the top of my head. In any case, he is not a highly penalized player.

would be like an 8mil cap hit if we cut him next year

Gross has a cap charge of $11.7 million next year, with only $1 million in signing bonus that hasn't already hit the cap. So we could knock around $10 million off our cap if he were replaced.

#25 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,441 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Gross has a cap charge of $11.7 million next year, with only $1 million in signing bonus that hasn't already hit the cap. So we could knock around $10 million off our cap if he were replaced.

You may be right, cap stuff is kinda confusing. Did find this, I would assume misc bonuses are not guaranteed. In that case, he was only guaranteed $5 million total, which is actually pretty good.

http://www.spotrac.c...s/jordan-gross/

#26 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,441 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

btw way, it appears if we cut or trade dwill next year, it will cost us over $9.6 mil, if we keep him... about 9mil.

http://www.spotrac.c...ngelo-williams/

#27 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,587 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

I tend to ignore anyone that suggests we cut our best players.

No point in even debating it.

#28 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hahaha I love when kids post threads defending or hating on a player when they haven't looked at any stats or watched game tape.

The proofs in the pudding.

#29 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,805 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Will people please cite exacts on when Gross has shown to have lost it? I ask because some clowns were crying that he got murdered against KC when he only gave up two pressures, one that led to a 7yd gain and the other was the LaFell drop. Otherwise he kept his side of the line protected, and I saw some healthy runs when going off the left side.

I can't help but think most of the hate for Gross from people looking at two numbers (his age and his contract) instead of the actual player.

#30 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Gross is fine. People just want change for the sake of change. See Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher discussions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com