#1 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

http://www.cbssports...during-pro-bowl

According to several players in the game, some from both teams, Newton's standoffish, diva ways made him enemy No. 1 in the eyes of some of the players.

"He was a total ----hole," one AFC player said. "Who did he think he was? He acted like the big poo. Here he was at his first game and he acted like he was the star. Guys didn't like that."

The Pro Bowl is a laid-back game, one for relaxing, spending time with your peers and unwinding after a tough season. The resort where players are housed is for them and their families only to prevent fan interference.

So when Newton turned down one player's request for an autograph and a picture for his kids at a function, it angered the player.

"Who the hell did he think they were?" said one player. "The only people around are families. He knew that. Yet he big-timed the guy by saying 'now's not the time.'"

That player said Newton did the unthinkable and even dissed Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.

"That's the godfather there," one player said. "Can you believe he did that?"

Said another player: "It didn't matter who it was, he didn't care about anybody but himself."

I'm just gonna leave this here

#2 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

Ray Lewis and Cam are cool they talk all the time. How did he diss him?

#3 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

One year later and anonymous sources, sounds legit to me guys.

#4 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

i want to have Ronda Rousey's children

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Where the hell is the CDF?

#5 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

I was told that every year the stadium security staff has a ball signed by all the players. Last year all signed it except for one player. I'll leave it at that.

#6 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,569 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

The reason: Newton dissed some of his brethren at the Pro Bowl.

According to several players in the game, some from both teams, Newton's standoffish, diva ways made him enemy No. 1 in the eyes of some of the players.

"He was a total ----hole," one AFC player said. "Who did he think he was? He acted like the big poo. Here he was at his first game and he acted like he was the star. Guys didn't like that."

The Pro Bowl is a laid-back game, one for relaxing, spending time with your peers and unwinding after a tough season. The resort where players are housed is for them and their families only to prevent fan interference.

So when Newton turned down one player's request for an autograph and a picture for his kids at a function, it angered the player.

"Who the hell did he think they were?" said one player. "The only people around are families. He knew that. Yet he big-timed the guy by saying 'now's not the time.'"

That player said Newton did the unthinkable and even dissed Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.

"That's the godfather there," one player said. "Can you believe he did that?"

Said another player: "It didn't matter who it was, he didn't care about anybody but himself."

Lewis denied that he was dissed when asked through Ravens PR man Kevin Byrne, but other players confirmed that it happened. A handful of other league sources confirmed that Newton was aloof and isolated much of the week in Hawaii.

That's fine, but the perception of some of his peers is that he crossed the line between being shy and being a prima donna. That led to some of the defensive players on the AFC team going a lot harder when Newton came into the game.

The tape showed that. Not only did Smith throw him down and Miller sack him but others seemed to amp their intensity up when Newton was taking the snaps. Miller also threw him for a loss on a designed run for Newton. It appeared Richard Seymour and Geno Atkins also played harder and faster when he was in the game.

It wasn't a rookie thing either. When Cincinnati's Andy Dalton played the second half for the AFC, there was no elevation of the intensity for the NFC defensive line.

Some league personnel who have watched the tape noticed the same things I saw as it related to Newton.

Through a team spokesman, Newton declined to comment for this story.

"Look, it was his first Pro Bowl, so he should have come and acted humble," one AFC player said. "But he didn't. He acted like he was better than us."

"Cam's in his own world," one NFC player said. "He's a young guy and learning, but he better change. They started rushing him. We were like, 'what are they doing? This is the Pro Bowl.' They didn't attempt that with the

well isn't that all puppies and rainbows.

#7 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,702 posts

Didn't Ray call Cam last season with words of encouragement?

#8 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

It makes you wonder about the motivations of someone when they post a story like this almost a year late.

#9 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,837 posts

Uhhh, wasn't there an article last year that talked about Cam calling Ray Lewis for advice during/before/after the season? I call B.S., just another well-timed hate article to keep the movement alive during a time in which he is thriving on the field.

#10 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,324 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

1) who cares

2) i don't buy it, especially because of the ray lewis line

3) content without sources of reference = speculation

4) who cares

5) who cares

#11 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Put your name on it! (Herm Edwards voice)

#12 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,561 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

i can hear the jimmies rustling

#13 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted Image

#14 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,176 posts

Same thing with MJ when he was at his first all-star game. For the same reasons. MJ apparently pissed off a couple people on his team so they froze him out of the game. It is part if the territory if you are successful as a rookie.

#15 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,609 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

It sucks but it's not that hard to believe. Players aren't gonna want to divulge their names when they tell these things, but that doesn't mean they're lying. I love Cam but some people in here are in as much denial as Saints fans circa July-August.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.