Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unpopular Newton received rough treatment from other players during Pro Bowl

273 posts in this topic

Posted

I got old Petey to respond a bit, until he blocked me, of course.

Great stuff.

Posted

Not sure when it was filmed, im guessing over the summer. But Ray Lewis had like a behind the scenes show on NFL Network and he invited Cam to go paint balling with him during one of the segments. They were having a lot of fun and their relationship seemed genuine. Doesnt seem like Ray would act like that to someone that just blew him off.

I love me some Cam, but he isnt perfect. He does have some growing up to do. But im still very excited about Cam future and the future of this team.

Posted

I don't really consider Eli Manning a great leader. He was known for his "awww shucks" attitude and non shalant demeanor.

2 SBs later....and don't try to say he isn't a great player either.

If he is not a good leader why do the players vote him a captain?Manning is a very good leader.

Posted

Most teams also have more than one leader, not just the quarterback. Where's ours?

You can spin it all against our QB if you like, but it is a larger problem and it is with the culture of the entire team.

2 people like this

Posted

If he is not a good leader why do the players vote him a captain?Manning is a very good leader.

peppers was voted a captain several times when he was with us and he was never known as a particularly strong leader at all.

2 people like this

Posted

Getting voted captain sure is a sign of a great leader huh?

Julius Peppers was voted a captain here and in Chicago. Boy he sure is an awesome leader eh

Steve Smith is a captain as well, hes an awesome leader when he isn't punching his own teammates in the face.

Try something else.

Posted

Just another case of people that can't handle the swag

2 people like this

Posted

Love how Gantt said it:

http://profootballta...-at-cam-newton/

The way that Gantt put it is great to hear.....especially the part about how people inside the organization say that he is carrying himself and looking to change.

I could care less what the rest of the league thinks..or what the media thinks..or what opposing fans think about Cam.

I do care about how the members of this organziation and especially his team mates view him. If our players have an issue with the way he is that can often lead to issues in the locker room and issues with team chemistry. If his team mates are ready to go to war with him.....that is good enough for me.

3 people like this

Posted

peppers was voted a captain several times when he was with us and he was never known as a particularly strong leader at all.

had one hell of a smile though

Posted

Still waiting on Zod to chime in.

2 people like this

Posted

Blind homerism is sad. In a few years everyone of you willing be cussing Cam when he leaves Carolina.

Posted

I was told that every year the stadium security staff has a ball signed by all the players. Last year all signed it except for one player. I'll leave it at that.

fug, let me guess, Gary Barnidge!? What a dick.

2 people like this