Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unpopular Newton received rough treatment from other players during Pro Bowl

273 posts in this topic

Posted

So winning awards is proof that he is above using "creative license"?

Oh, & sorry, someone caught on camera pleading that it be pointed out that he was the first to put something on twitter has some hack in 'em.

I'm not here to tell you Rick Reilly is a good guy. I'm just telling you his reputation as a sportswriter supercedes the Panthers PR dept's reputation for telling the truth.

So they were waiting with him & none of them have decided to mention it even though it's been call out as bullpoo publicly... Ok.

It's not their job to defend Reilly. Hell, most of them probably don't like him. I guarantee you they saw the "can we say that I tweeted that first" thing on youtube. I can tell you that sportswriters are like anyone else...they have their cliques and the local guys as a rule don't care much for the national guys.

But he is saying that it happened & Ray says that it didn't.

If you were Ray and you work out with Cam would you want any part of that shitstorm?

At best the players who told him this are to stupid to recognize joking when they see it. At worst Prisco lied.

Or it could just be that all the people who are telling you that Cam acts a certain way are telling you the truth. The towel over the head thing alone should tell you that's the case. This was his reputation coming out of Auburn. Remember when people said that Peppers takes plays off coming out of UNC? How'd that turn out? Remember when people said that The Golden Calf of Bristol just wasn't a true pro quarterback? How'd that turn out?

Posted

Zod said he didn't know it was true

It's just falling on deaf ears man.

Between him and FurdTurgason spewing their discontent for our QB this thread will be 50 pages.

Posted

I didn't realize there were so many middle school girls in the NFL. Someone ought to inform their parents.

Posted

Hey, these two guys who meet Newton once at a weekend filled with egomaniacs and they thought he was a dick......lets write about it 8 months later while Cam is quietly playing dang good football.

Posted

Remember when people said that Peppers takes plays off coming out of UNC? How'd that turn out?

Are we talking about the future HOFer, Julius Peppers? If so, probably not the best example to use to support your case.

2 people like this

Posted

Are we talking about the future HOFer, Julius Peppers? If so, probably not the best example to use to support your case.

So people never said that Peppers takes plays off during his pro career? People said it constantly, especially here. Even during the Super Bowl season he had seven sacks. That's with Pro Bowlers Mike Rucker and Kris Jenkins playing alongside him.

Posted

I'm not here to tell you Rick Reilly is a good guy. I'm just telling you his reputation as a sportswriter supercedes the Panthers PR dept's reputation for telling the truth.

Way to dodge the question.

It's not their job to defend Reilly. Hell, most of them probably don't like him. I guarantee you they saw the "can we say that I tweeted that first" thing on youtube. I can tell you that sportswriters are like anyone else...they have their cliques and the local guys as a rule don't care much for the national guys.

Or it didn't happen as he claimed it did.

If you were Ray and you work out with Cam would you want any part of that shitstorm?

If I were Ray & he actually did something that fugged up I either wouldn't deal with him any more or I would have said "aw he was just joking, no big deal". Instead he said nothing happened. That tells me that nothing happened.

]Or it could just be that all the people who are telling you that Cam acts a certain way are telling you the truth. The towel over the head thing alone should tell you that's the case. This was his reputation coming out of Auburn. Remember when people said that Peppers takes plays off coming out of UNC? How'd that turn out? Remember when people said that The Golden Calf of Bristol just wasn't a true pro quarterback? How'd that turn out?

You lose. The bolded has been explained multiple times & the fact you still think it's a problem shows your confirmation bias.

Posted

If you can't put your name on it.... DON'T SAY IT

2 people like this

Posted

It only matters if the team and owner like him, everyone else can get over it.

Posted

So people never said that Peppers takes plays off during his pro career? People said it constantly, especially here. Even during the Super Bowl season he had seven sacks. That's with Pro Bowlers Mike Rucker and Kris Jenkins playing alongside him.

He's still HOF bound and the best defensive player to ever suit up for the Panthers. Deal with it.

Not sure why fans like you are even fans. Nothing but negativity and being miserable.

1 person likes this

Posted

He's still HOF bound and the best defensive player to ever suit up for the Panthers. Deal with it.

Not sure why fans like you are even fans. Nothing but negativity and being miserable.

The point

Your head

Posted

I made it 4 pages in and couldn't read anymore so forgive me if this was pointed out.

If I remember correctly which I may not since it did happen 10 months ago. But I thought the AFC defense came out hard the second half which Cam started not because it was Cam playing but because the NFC team went for it on 4th down and also faked a punt which is well against the rules at the pro bowl.

The announcers made note of how they were playing, so a side line reporter told them that the AFC guys told her that they were mad that the NFC did that considering the amount of money the winner gets. So they decided they were going to try.

I find that a lot easier to believe than a group of grown men got butt hurt cause Cam was being a Diva so they got together and decided they were going to teach the young fella a lesson.

Its no secret that Vets don't like upstart rookies but come on...

Too much intelligence too much logic......does not compute. Please enough with the common sense. Cam is a thug who didn't have a father in his life. He is also a Muslim terrorist that has tattoos, has poor work ethic, likes gold and jewelry, fried chicken and white girls.

Did I cover all the stereotypes or are there any more that the media has left out.