272 replies to this topic

#166 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,350 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

I think the new CBA limits the tag use to 2 years.

Oh in that case we are Fugged.

#167 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Good looking, good at what he does, has his own clothing line. Ofcourse hes going to be hated

#168 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

It's starting to look more and more like this is the truth. It really hit me, when in back to back weeks a play would have broken down, and instead of one of the WRs coming back to the ball, they just stand there and watch. They are literally watching the show, and as Cam goes the Panthers go. We can't win unless Cam has a great game.
I really hope he doesn't leave us, and we get a good coaching staff in here with some better players.

That is something I have also stated many times as well. Super star players...Lebron, Cam, Vick, to a lesser extent Kobe...Soon to be RGIII (if not already) teammates, fans, and coaches tend to sit around and watch the show...The fanbase thinks that player does not need any help...they are literally GOD and not playing a team game.

I have watched games in which Vick's offense line literally turns around and watches him try to elude defenders...never tries to block or get in the defenders way...Just watch...

There is no: "You know what....I get paid too...I am a professional football/basketball player in my own right...I need to do my job...There is a reason I am on the filed/court...I can make a play too..."

Its just: "O well, we got RGIII...I don't need to really block for him....I don't really need to work my way back to the ball for him."

And you see this on the defense as well. Remember what Luke stated after the MNF game? "Well finally our offense was able to close out the game..."

Luke seems to think Defense is optional too...that its not the defense's obligation to hold on the leads...that the offense must score to win...

This is the type of ideas that lead to LOSING franchises...You think Peyton, Brady, or even Brees defense thinks like this? No. They are trying to win the game too. Not depending on their offense to close the deal...

You think you would ever hear Ray Lewis utter such nonsense? Lewis is of the opinion that if his team has the lead in the 4th it is HIS JOB to hold on to it....

But when you get a superstar on you team like a Cam...it assumed that it is ALL on him...the other players are just highly paid onlookers...

#169 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,350 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

That is something I have also stated many times as well. Super star players...Lebron, Cam, Vick, to a lesser extent Kobe...Soon to be RGIII (if not already) teammates, fans, and coaches tend to sit around and watch the show...The fanbase thinks that player does not need any help...they are literally GOD and not playing a team game.

I have watched games in which Vick's offense line literally turns around and watches him try to elude defenders...never tries to block or get in the defenders way...Just watch...

There is no: "You know what....I get paid too...I am a professional football/basketball player in my own right...I need to do my job...There is a reason I am on the filed/court...I can make a play too..."

Its just: "O well, we got RGIII...I don't need to really block for him....I don't really need to work my way back to the ball for him."

And you see this on the defense as well. Remember what Luke stated after the MNF game? "Well finally our offense was able to close out the game..."

Luke seems to think Defense is optional too...that its not the defense's obligation to hold on the leads...that the offense must score to win...

This is the type of ideas that lead to LOSING franchises...You think Peyton, Brady, or even Brees defense thinks like this? No. They are trying to win the game too. Not depending on their offense to close the deal...

You think you would ever hear Ray Lewis utter such nonsense? Lewis is of the opinion that if his team has the lead in the 4th it is HIS JOB to hold on to it....

But when you get a superstar on you team like a Cam...it assumed that it is ALL on him...the other players are just highly paid onlookers...

All this to say we need a head coach that knows what the fug he is doing.

#170 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

All this to say we need a head coach that knows what the fug he is doing.

Its amazing how much we were duped by the Rivera signing

#171 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

So you Cam nut huggers tell us....why are Rick Reilly and Pete Prisco -- competing writers from different websites, mind you -- and Zod, who has spent six or seven years building up relationships inside the Panthers organization, all singing the same tune? Do they hate Cam because he's black? Because he's black and successful and good looking? If Cam was a great kid, don't you think the writers from other sites would have pounced on the chance to defend him to make Rick Reilly look bad? Instead they pile on.

Gantt lost his job at the Rock Hill paper and is trying to get in good with the Panthers organization. He has motive to defend Cam. So does Zod, but Zod gave you the last thing you want to hear....the truth.

Cam came with baggage. Remember that. He played so far above expectations as a rookie that you chose to forget.

#172 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,790 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

actually i think the more interesting coincidence is that ricky reilly and pete prisco are both infamous hacks who happen to share an opinion but that's just me.

also the ray lewis remark has been shown to not make sense.

#173 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,298 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

actually i think the more interesting coincidence is that ricky reilly and pete prisco are both infamous hacks who happen to share an opinion but that's just me.

That and Zod heard it second hand. It's all sketchy at best

#174 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I think I know who he heard it from. It's not sketchy.

#175 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

So you Cam nut huggers tell us....why are Rick Reilly and Pete Prisco -- competing writers from different websites, mind you -- and Zod, who has spent six or seven years building up relationships inside the Panthers organization, all singing the same tune? Do they hate Cam because he's black? Because he's black and successful and good looking? If Cam was a great kid, don't you think the writers from other sites would have pounced on the chance to defend him to make Rick Reilly look bad? Instead they pile on.

Gantt lost his job at the Rock Hill paper and is trying to get in good with the Panthers organization. He has motive to defend Cam. So does Zod, but Zod gave you the last thing you want to hear....the truth.

Cam came with baggage. Remember that. He played so far above expectations as a rookie that you chose to forget.

Rick Reilly: Presents unsourced claims. Panthers organization says that making reporters/team wait didn't happen. Dismissed.

Pete Prisco: Wait's til 8 months after the alleged "fact" to print unsourced claims. Evidence that Lewis & Newton are still cool has been presented. Dismissed.

Zod: Presents unsourced claims, is known to revel in being a dick at times. Dismissed.

Anything else?

#176 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

I don't know if this is true, but stuff is starting to pile up on Cam. I really hope this is just jealous/butt-hurt reporters who want to see Cam fail, then again it is strange Cam is not the Captain of this team

#177 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,609 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

The media will pick up anything and run with it if it sales.I am neither a homer or hater and the only thing that concerns me about Cam is he still needs to improve his progression, mechanics, and how he is perceived by at least some of his team mates. I think many see Cam with blinders because of his contributions to kids and to the community which is amiable.He is the best talent at qb the Panthers have ever had but I feel he needs to improve his chemistry with the team for him to elevate them to the next level.Its still early in his career and feel Cam has ample time to grow and mature.

#178 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Rick Reilly: Presents unsourced claims. Panthers organization says that making reporters/team wait didn't happen. Dismissed.

Rick Reilly is probably the best sportswriter of our generation. The Panthers PR department NEVER covers the truth. See: Peppers' illness the year he had two and a half sacks, or the first Steve Smith fight with a teammate that no one knew about until recently.

Pete Prisco: Wait's til 8 months after the alleged "fact" to print unsourced claims. Evidence that Lewis & Newton are still cool has been presented. Dismissed.

It says in the story that Lewis denied it, but others watched it happen. Reading comprehension is hard with rose tinted glasses on.

Zod: Presents unsourced claims, is known to revel in being a dick at times. Dismissed.

Without Zod you wouldn't have this site, and he puts up with a lot of crap from some of you people.

#179 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Erm, no. Gantt left his job at the paper after the observer demoted him to covering girls volley ball or some poo. He now writes for PFT, a subsidiary outlet of NBC Sports. In essence, he upgraded - in regard to the sports writing world.

#180 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Rick Reilly is probably the best sportswriter of our generation. The Panthers PR department NEVER covers the truth. See: Peppers' illness the year he had two and a half sacks, or the first Steve Smith fight with a teammate that no one knew about until recently.

Rick Reilly may be a "sports writer" but he is for damn sure not a "journalist".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com