272 replies to this topic

#181 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

seriously, what professional athlete would really want an autograph?

shouldnt the cdf and their bibs and spandex have this thread locked already?

It happens all the time my friend.Have you ever been to a players man cave? Brentson Buckner had autographs of over 50 players in his man cave.

#182 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,091 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

It happens all the time my friend.Have you ever been to a players man cave? Brentson Buckner had autographs of over 50 players in his man cave.

This is true. I heard Chris Carter on the radio saying how he has lots of autographed jerseys and shoes. These guys are fans of the game just like we are.

#183 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

That and Zod heard it second hand. It's all sketchy at best

It not sketchy..Zod or anybody with any respect for players they may know would not dare share their source on a message board.You do not have to believe it but as the saying goes where their is smoke their is fire.

#184 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,174 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

It not sketchy..Zod or anybody with any respect for players they may know would not dare share their source on a message board.You do not have to believe it but as the saying goes where their is smoke their is fire.

Or bullshit. I am leaning towards the latter.

#185 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

This is true. I heard Chris Carter on the radio saying how he has lots of autographed jerseys and shoes. These guys are fans of the game just like we are.

Ricky Manning jr gave my daughter at least 10 autographs of players she liked for dog sitting.He had well over 100

#186 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Rick Reilly is probably the best sportswriter of our generation. The Panthers PR department NEVER covers the truth. See: Peppers' illness the year he had two and a half sacks, or the first Steve Smith fight with a teammate that no one knew about until recently.

First of all, your opinion about sports writers means fugall in this discussion. Secondly, I doubt that "HEY GUYS!!!!! Peppers is really sick this year so run everything to his side!!!" is a good idea.

Anyway, let's use your logic, is the reason the other reporters that were there didn't mention it because he's a black guy & they were afraid to offend him?... Or is it because they didn't get it out on Twitter first?

It says in the story that Lewis denied it, but others watched it happen. Reading comprehension is hard with rose tinted glasses on.

It must be since I was pointing out that Ray & Cam seem cool after this supposedly happened thus if it did happen it wasn't that big of a deal to him & you posted this poo.

Without Zod you wouldn't have this site, and he puts up with a lot of crap from some of you people.

So you try to guilt trip instead of rebutting? LOL!

My parents went out of their way by a lot to adopt me, but once I was an adult, if they were going to tell me I'm wrong about something, unsourced claims ain't gonna cut it & knowing how dad liked to be a dick at times would be a factor in how seriously I took it.

#187 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Or bullshit. I am leaning towards the latter.

Do you think Zod or anyone else for that matters really care about what you think?

#188 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Honestly don't care if he's doing as much as he can to win games.

#189 Makish

Makish

Your In the Danger Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

I'm i the only one tired of hearing bad things about Cam

I can't believe 100 people who write all these different articles about Cam's bad behavior, can't all be wrong

I truly hope I am wrong because I like Cam, I believe he has a bright future, but i'm a Panthers fan first and if he

isn't the leader or player we all hope he could become, then we have to get rid of him in 2 years and start over.

#190 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,291 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

#191 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Cam is an easy target.

Better that then taking on the ugly side of the NFL: domestic violence, not paying child support, drug use, violence against women they date, or you know, the reasons behind murders and carrying guns.

Much easier piece of script to write, a coddled, self-absorbed, narrcistic athelete who thinks he is all that has done nothing in the W column to make him have such a high opinion of himself.

I lived in the DC area for many years, I assure you there were never two more self-absorbed athletes than Sonny Jurgenson and Joe Theisman. One is beloved and one is detested. Sonny thought a lot of himself but hide it better than Theisman.

I don't know who Cam Newton is, none of us do, as face of the franchise I would hope he is not the things written; but, there are far more serious crimes. I can tolerate a big ego from a winner; but, I won't tolerate rape, murder, abuse from anyone. Some people in the NFL don't have such standards and that is a shame.

...but, yeah, write the little article about last year's Pro Bowl. It matters, it really really does.

#192 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm i the only one tired of hearing bad things about Cam

I can't believe 100 people who write all these different articles about Cam's bad behavior, can't all be wrong

I truly hope I am wrong because I like Cam, I believe he has a bright future, but i'm a Panthers fan first and if he

isn't the leader or player we all hope he could become, then we have to get rid of him in 2 years and start over.

For the love of god! If you are gonna troll, at least learn how to construct sentences!

#193 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

First of all, your opinion about sports writers means fugall in this discussion. Secondly, I doubt that "HEY GUYS!!!!! Peppers is really sick this year so run everything to his side!!!" is a good idea.

Reilly is a multiple award-winning sports writer. The guy was calling him a hack and using the Panthers PR dept as proof. If you want to compare reputations, you're going to lose.

Anyway, let's use your logic, is the reason the other reporters that were there didn't mention it because he's a black guy & they were afraid to offend him?... Or is it because they didn't get it out on Twitter first?

The other reporters weren't guests on Colin Cowherd's show that day. This wasn't a story written by Reilly, it was a snippet he shared with Cowherd when asked about Newton's reputation and if it was deserved or not. Kind of like the Randy Moss/Vikings fiasco where he ripped on the free food that was provided by a local restauranteur. That wasn't a story, it was an example of why Moss was so unpopular with his teammates, spoken by one of his teammates.

It must be since I was pointing out that Ray & Cam seem cool after this supposedly happened thus if it did happen it wasn't that big of a deal to him & you posted this poo.

Prisco never suggested that Lewis had a problem with Cam. He said that multiple players saw Cam bigtiming Lewis at the Pro Bowl and it upset THEM. Again, reading comprehension.

So you try to guilt trip instead of rebutting? LOL!

When someone invites you to their swimming pool do you piss in the pool?

#194 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,174 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Do you think Zod or anyone else for that matters really care about what you think?

Let him answer that.

#195 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Chad Ochocinco doesn't get this much hate! And that motherfuger beat his damn wife!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.