272 replies to this topic

#196 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,342 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

So I'm asking myself why the player who gave Prisco this information was afraid to be named?

I mean he's a pro-bowl caliber player, right? It's not like he's going to be cut or blacklisted for saying Cam was acting like a diva at the pro-bowl. Pro-bowl caliber players typically have no problem putting their name to something like this and have no problem saying it themselves.

I don't doubt that Cam can rub people the wrong way, but the timing of this particular story is interesting.

Ray Lewis says he wasn't dissed, which immediately discredits this whole story - but nobody wants to talk about that. What motivation would Ray Lewis have for protecting Cam?

#197 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,662 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

i hate myself for making this analogy but cam's entry into the league and the players' and fans' responses remind me a whole lot of jeff gordon's arrival into NASCAR in the mid-nineties

#198 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Because everyone knows who and what Ochocinco is all about. You hear so much about Cam because he has nut huggers who don't want to hear anything bad about him and have their fingers in their ears.

Cam's not a wife beater. He doesn't break any laws, so far as we know. He's clean cut. He's a great talent on the field. The debate is whether or not he is a leader and if he's a diva. But to question him on those two things is akin to calling him a wife beater to some people on here.

#199 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,332 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Here's another point: a lot of people have gone on the record as saying that Cam can come off a certain way the first time you meet him, but once you get to know him he's a funny, self-deprecating, goofy guy. Isn't it significantly likely that he made some bad first impressions with a few, especially considering you probably don't spend much time with the AFC crowd at the Pro Bowl activities?

#200 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Wow. The story has made USA Today. The writer, Chris Chase, has a few comments to Cam.

#201 morgan55

morgan55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

You guys do remember that cam said him and ray had a talked before the pro bowl happened, then i remember watching the game and cam got sacked and you can clearly see ray going crazy like he hated cam i just thought that was weird.

#202 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

So I'm asking myself why the player who gave Prisco this information was afraid to be named?

I mean he's a pro-bowl caliber player, right? It's not like he's going to be cut or blacklisted for saying Cam was acting like a diva at the pro-bowl. Pro-bowl caliber players typically have no problem putting their name to something like this and have no problem saying it themselves.

I don't doubt that Cam can rub people the wrong way, but the timing of this particular story is interesting.

Ray Lewis says he wasn't dissed, which immediately discredits this whole story - but nobody wants to talk about that. What motivation would Ray Lewis have for protecting Cam?

Remember when Alex Smith put his name to comments about Cam and suddenly Beason is all over him in the press? That's why. They don't want to make a personal grudge match out of it.

Not saying it's right. It's just the way our society is in regards to the press.

#203 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,332 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Because everyone knows who and what Ochocinco is all about. You hear so much about Cam because he has nut huggers who don't want to hear anything bad about him and have their fingers in their ears.

Cam's not a wife beater. He doesn't break any laws, so far as we know. He's clean cut. He's a great talent on the field. The debate is whether or not he is a leader and if he's a diva. But to question him on those two things is akin to calling him a wife beater to some people on here.

It's also pretty damn annoying to ignore the answers you don't like. We know these facts: Rick Reilly's jump from sportswriter to journalist has turned him into an amateur who makes amateur mistakes, like demanding credit for widespread information and apparently keeping a stopwatch for player showers. Pete Prisco already screwed up his article by refused to name his sources, or realize that the AFC openly talked about the fact they were irked at the onside kicks and went on their run, or even that Ray Lewis and Cam talk all the time and spent time together in the offseason which shows no right between them. Hence, that is also toast. So what's left? Zod's random, unsourced interludes? We're trying to get to the bottom of that.

#204 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,332 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Remember when Alex Smith put his name to comments about Cam and suddenly Beason is all over him in the press? That's why. They don't want to make a personal grudge match out of it.

Not saying it's right. It's just the way our society is in regards to the press.

Haha, Alex "Benched" Smith.

#205 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

When someone invites you to their swimming pool do you piss in the pool?

This forum wasn't an invite only. Forums are open walls made for expressing opinions.

Some forums are busier than others, and you need a capable group of mods of you want it to run successfully.

#206 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

You guys do remember that cam said him and ray had a talked before the pro bowl happened, then i remember watching the game and cam got sacked and you can clearly see ray going crazy like he hated cam i just thought that was weird.

wtf? don't recall seeing that.

#207 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

I'm i the only one tired of hearing bad things about Cam

I can't believe 100 people who write all these different articles about Cam's bad behavior, can't all be wrong

I truly hope I am wrong because I like Cam, I believe he has a bright future, but i'm a Panthers fan first and if he

isn't the leader or player we all hope he could become, then we have to get rid of him in 2 years and start over.

He has shown he is the player we thought he could be.....but that isn't good enough.

He doesn't deserve the time to grow into a great QB he should just be it.....even though 99% of great QBs grew into it.

Juliuis Peppers all over....but on a national stage. Overlooking what a great talent we have sitting in our laps bc he happens to by Y and yet aren't happy bc he isn't X.

#208 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Some of you are incredibly blinded by your homer glasses. It's a fuging fact that the defense went hard when Cam was in the game. For the entire game before, and after, the defensive line just stood up at the snap and tapped their opposing offensive lineman. When Cam is in the game they all of a sudden rush the pasher, and the offensive line just lets the blow by.

They poo didn't happen for no reason. For one reason or another there was a collective effort to make a statement on Cam. The reasons in the article are very believable, even if the specifics aren't. The Ray Lewis comment may be completely bogus, but the premise of the article could be entirely accurate.

I made it 4 pages in and couldn't read anymore so forgive me if this was pointed out.
If I remember correctly which I may not since it did happen 10 months ago. But I thought the AFC defense came out hard the second half which Cam started not because it was Cam playing but because the NFC team went for it on 4th down and also faked a punt which is well against the rules at the pro bowl.
The announcers made note of how they were playing, so a side line reporter told them that the AFC guys told her that they were mad that the NFC did that considering the amount of money the winner gets. So they decided they were going to try.
I find that a lot easier to believe than a group of grown men got butt hurt cause Cam was being a Diva so they got together and decided they were going to teach the young fella a lesson.
Its no secret that Vets don't like upstart rookies but come on...

#209 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,332 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

I made it 4 pages in and couldn't read anymore so forgive me if this was pointed out.
If I remember correctly which I may not since it did happen 10 months ago. But I thought the AFC defense came out hard the second half which Cam started not because it was Cam playing but because the NFC team went for it on 4th down and also faked a punt which is well against the rules at the pro bowl.
The announcers made note of how they were playing, so a side line reporter told them that the AFC guys told her that they were mad that the NFC did that considering the amount of money the winner gets. So they decided they were going to try.
I find that a lot easier to believe than a group of grown men got butt hurt cause Cam was being a Diva so they got together and decided they were going to teach the young fella a lesson.
Its no secret that Vets don't like upstart rookies but come on...

The NFC also went for two onside kicks.

#210 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

The NFC also went for two onside kicks.

I decided I was going to read where this thread went and funny I actually got to where you pointed this out.
I remember watching the game and being pissed at them. I remember the announcers blaming it on the fake everything, and saying the AFC Defense said that was the reason.

I just get why people want to pile on this Kid so much. And I stress KID!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com