• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#226 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

So people never said that Peppers takes plays off during his pro career? People said it constantly, especially here. Even during the Super Bowl season he had seven sacks. That's with Pro Bowlers Mike Rucker and Kris Jenkins playing alongside him.

He's still HOF bound and the best defensive player to ever suit up for the Panthers. Deal with it.

Not sure why fans like you are even fans. Nothing but negativity and being miserable.

#227 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

He's still HOF bound and the best defensive player to ever suit up for the Panthers. Deal with it.

Not sure why fans like you are even fans. Nothing but negativity and being miserable.

The point
Your head

#228 Originalman

Originalman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

I made it 4 pages in and couldn't read anymore so forgive me if this was pointed out.
If I remember correctly which I may not since it did happen 10 months ago. But I thought the AFC defense came out hard the second half which Cam started not because it was Cam playing but because the NFC team went for it on 4th down and also faked a punt which is well against the rules at the pro bowl.
The announcers made note of how they were playing, so a side line reporter told them that the AFC guys told her that they were mad that the NFC did that considering the amount of money the winner gets. So they decided they were going to try.
I find that a lot easier to believe than a group of grown men got butt hurt cause Cam was being a Diva so they got together and decided they were going to teach the young fella a lesson.
Its no secret that Vets don't like upstart rookies but come on...

Too much intelligence too much logic......does not compute. Please enough with the common sense. Cam is a thug who didn't have a father in his life. He is also a Muslim terrorist that has tattoos, has poor work ethic, likes gold and jewelry, fried chicken and white girls.

Did I cover all the stereotypes or are there any more that the media has left out.

#229 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

The point
Your head

Whatever point you're trying to make, you're failing.

#230 Originalman

Originalman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Cam is an easy target.

Better that then taking on the ugly side of the NFL: domestic violence, not paying child support, drug use, violence against women they date, or you know, the reasons behind murders and carrying guns.

Much easier piece of script to write, a coddled, self-absorbed, narrcistic athelete who thinks he is all that has done nothing in the W column to make him have such a high opinion of himself.

I lived in the DC area for many years, I assure you there were never two more self-absorbed athletes than Sonny Jurgenson and Joe Theisman. One is beloved and one is detested. Sonny thought a lot of himself but hide it better than Theisman.

I don't know who Cam Newton is, none of us do, as face of the franchise I would hope he is not the things written; but, there are far more serious crimes. I can tolerate a big ego from a winner; but, I won't tolerate rape, murder, abuse from anyone. Some people in the NFL don't have such standards and that is a shame.

...but, yeah, write the little article about last year's Pro Bowl. It matters, it really really does.

Great points as always. This also shows how the media holds poo in their back pocket for the right time to pull it out. Remember all the stories that came out about tiger after it was found out he was cheating on his wife. The media kept those stories in their back pocket for fuging years. The same poo with Mcnabb and Lebron.

When Lebron went to the heat the fuging media was pulling stories out from 5 and 6 years ago to muddy up his character. Now he wins a championship and hating on him is played out. So the media are now pulling old ass stories from those same 5 and 6 years ago talking about his great work ethic and IQ. Where were these stories over the last 2 years when the media made him out to be some lazy good for nothing villain.

ESPN played this same poo with Brandon Roy and the whole flag thing a few years ago.

#231 Originalman

Originalman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Look...Jordan is a world-class a$$hole, and so is kobe...and there are a lot of athletes like that....

But I don't think Cam is like that type at all. He talks a lot of trash, but it all seems friendly to me. If players really feel that way, oh well...

The Ray Lewis stuff is a traight up lie...No one disses Ray lewis

Right the same Ray Lewis who basically called media golden boy Brady a punk ass bitch during an interview because he was crying to the media. The same Ray Lewis who called out Andy Reid for benching Mcnabb and calling the same plays over and over again.

Yeah right

#232 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I can tell you this....the Panthers had three great human beings at quarterback in Steve Beuerlein, Rodney Peete and Jake Delhomme. Collins and Newton not so much. Which is kind of sad because Collins and Newton are/were both way ahead of the other three in terms of talent. The one thing that I think separates the first three from the last two is that they were stand up guys. Cam still has time to turn it around. He came to Charlotte at a much younger age than did number 7, 9 and 17.

#233 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

I can tell you this....the Panthers had three great human beings at quarterback in Steve Beuerlein, Rodney Peete and Jake Delhomme.

Great human beings? Tend toward hyperbole much?

I'm sure they are all really nice guys. None of them will be likely meeting with the Nobel committee anytime soon.

Athletes are just like everyone else. They all have their pluses and minuses. Fans need to stop putting these guys on a pedestal and they will be less disappointed when they turn out to be just human after all.

#234 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,972 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

He has shown he is the player we thought he could be.....but that isn't good enough.

He doesn't deserve the time to grow into a great QB he should just be it.....even though 99% of great QBs grew into it.

Juliuis Peppers all over....but on a national stage. Overlooking what a great talent we have sitting in our laps bc he happens to by Y and yet aren't happy bc he isn't X.

Well said.

#235 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

This is true. I heard Chris Carter on the radio saying how he has lots of autographed jerseys and shoes. These guys are fans of the game just like we are.

Cris Carter said he never asked for one directly it was always set up via 3rd party

#236 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

FurdTurgason obviously has a problem with successful black men. I know how everyone gets touchy about the race card here but lets call a cat a cat and a dog a dog.

This man is bashing cam newton while sporting an Avi that claims President Obama is the worst president ever. That's a title George W Bush will hold forever.

#237 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,540 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

I'm sure they are all really nice guys. None of them will be likely meeting with the Nobel committee anytime soon.

Athletes are just like everyone else. They all have their pluses and minuses. Fans need to stop putting these guys on a pedestal and they will be less disappointed when they turn out to be just human after all.

people get so fuging hyberbolic when it comes to jake delhomme

oddly if turdfurgason is who i think he is he's actually a rams fan

#238 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

First post in this thread for me... here's the thing that is funny.

Today on "The Herd with Colin Cowherd"... Cowherd is saying he hates in the NBA how players are all buddy buddy with opponents. He doesn't want to see guys hugging after games, being pals, he wants people to hate their opponents... especially when they lose....

First guy I thought of was Cam. And if this is how he is to his peers around the league I'm fine wiht it. In fact, I like it.

#239 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

they seein Cam get guap right now

OH GOD

#240 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

I can think of some Nobel prize winners who are a-holes.

Steve, Rodney and Jake were never too big for anyone, from interns to the people in community services to the fans to the guys who barely made the team. In fact they made it a point to be kind to those people.

The media guys said Beuerlein would step in the media room on his way out of the stadium every day to ask them if anybody needed anything else before he left. You couldn't find a better spokesman for the team, either. When he was released by Seifert, he had an obligation to make a community services appearance at a local school the next day. He went. He did it because he knew the kids there were looking forward to seeing him and he liked the community services people.

Jake was the same way. I wasn't there his last two years so I didn't see the ugliness, but it seemed to me from afar he handled it as best he could.

And if I could sum up Rodney Peete in two words, those words would be consummate professional. Wish the Panthers had gotten him earlier in his career because he would have been a franchise QB in Charlotte.

Like I said, Cam can still get there. But he's got to get over this "I'm a superstar and I can do what I want" mentality, a mentality that sadly many of you on here seem to think is okay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.