272 replies to this topic

#241 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

This to me is not surprising given the demeanor we have seen from Cam over the past 2 years.

I like that Cam is confident but I think at times he goes overboard. This sense of "entitlement" better not keep him from working hard to improve. I said this when we drafted him, but the one thing that can hold him back is his work ethic. I am not saying he doesn't work hard, just saying if his mentality is not where it needs to be, he won't improve. His physical attributes are not what we should be concerned with when it comes to Cam. It's his mental makeup.

#242 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

http://charlotte.cbs...-respect-issue/

Interview with Pete Prisco

#243 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

http://charlotte.cbs...-respect-issue/

Interview with Pete Prisco

Can someone recap that? I'm on my phone :/

#244 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

i'm not reading 17 pages about a pete prisco article

also i've got an anonymous source that says pete prisco is a pedophile

#245 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

All I know is if this is true:

1. he's dumber than I thought.

2. it wouldn't surprise me.

It's one thing to say stupid things to the media. It's kind of dumb to piss off offensive teammates like Olsen and Smith who you need to rely on in order to look good. It's probably dumb to piss off guys like Von Miller, and he paid for it a couple of weeks ago. But out of all the players in the NFL, you piss off...Ray Lewis?

Wasn't Ray one of the few guys who called him up on his cell to cheer him up last year when he was pouting all over the place?

Good thing the Ravens are not in our division, but I would think the first thing an NFL QB learns is you do NOT piss off HOF defensive linebackers, especially one who at one point in his career has been accused of murder, and especially one who is now one of the most respected and feared defensive players in the NFL. He can make every other defensive player hate your guts, even if they're on another team.

Defenses already want to knock out dual rush quarterbacks out of the game more than your typical game manager, why the hell would you give them extra motivation? Talk crap about other offensive players if you want(other than your own)....but not the guys who are trying to hit you every game. No wonder defenses played him harder during the Pro Bowl.

#246 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

It's one thing to say stupid things to the media. It's kind of dumb to piss off offensive teammates like Olsen and Smith who you need to rely on in order to look good. It's probably dumb to piss off guys like Von Miller, and he paid for it a couple of weeks ago. But out of all the players in the NFL, you piss off...Ray Lewis?

Wasn't Ray one of the few guys who called him up on his cell to cheer him up last year when he was pouting all over the place?

Good thing the Ravens are not in our division, but I would think the first thing an NFL QB learns is you do NOT piss off HOF defensive linebackers, especially one who at one point in his career has been accused of murder, and especially one who is now one of the most respected and feared defensive players in the NFL. He can make every other defensive player hate your guts, even if they're on another team.

Defenses already want to knock out dual rush quarterbacks out of the game more than your typical game manager, why the hell would you give them extra motivation? Talk crap about other offensive players if you want(other than your own)....but not the guys who are trying to hit you every game. No wonder defenses played him harder during the Pro Bowl.

I take it you missed the part where Ray said it didn't happen?

#247 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Ray Lewis denied it. Cam and him spent part of the offseason together. The AFC tried harder because they were ticked at the NFC for the trick plays.

End of story.

#248 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

I take it you missed the part where Ray said it didn't happen?

No, that's why I said "if this is true". But I also know Ray is the type of guy that probably wouldn't ever admitted he was "dissed" by some rookie, acting like he had his feelings hurt in front of the world, and would save it for later.

One thing's for sure, he did something. And we know he's pissed off a lot of others.

#249 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

No, that's why I said "if this is true".

And then went on as if it were true.

But I also know Ray is the type of guy that probably wouldn't ever admitted he was "dissed" by some rookie, acting like he had his feelings hurt in front of the world, and would save it for later.

Save what for later? Hanging out with him? Going paint balling as was mentioned earlier?

One thing's for sure, he did something. And we know he's pissed off a lot of others.

Uh-huh.

#250 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

And then went on as if it were true.

Save what for later? Hanging out with him? Going paint balling as was mentioned earlier?

Uh-huh.

This isn't an isolated incident. He lost the benefit of the doubt a long time ago.

#251 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

No, that's why I said "if this is true". But I also know Ray is the type of guy that probably wouldn't ever admitted he was "dissed" by some rookie, acting like he had his feelings hurt in front of the world, and would save it for later.

One things for sure, you were ecstatic and screaming for joy after reading this article. And we know you won't admit it.

#252 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

I don't believe a word of this story. I remember watching the pro bowl and the reason the afc went after cam was because he was so serious in trying to score touchdowns on them, and that he celebrated with smitty probably. They came at him extra hard after that, Hardly anyone was playing serious in that pro bowl game so for them to see a rookie be so serious probably pissed them off. Rogers himself was complaining about the lazy effort by players on the nfc. Anyone who wants to believe made up lies about cam disrespecting other players or their kids needs to stop being so fuging naive.

#253 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

I believe this story 100%

With that said I could care less what players not on the panthers think of cam, he's not their teammate. And worse case scenario it's a lesson learned for Cam, something I think he's learning this that football teams have no room for a Diva and the sooner he learns it the better

#254 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Dozens of writers and reports saying the same thing....Cam Fanboys say there is a consiludated conspiracy against Can.

More likely there is a bunch of truth to the claims.

Like someone else said....where there is this much smoke, there is usually fire.

#255 WestCoastPanther

WestCoastPanther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Cam Newton at Ray Lewis charity event....So disrespectful :cigar:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com