272 replies to this topic

#256 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Can't believe Cam Newton big timed Ray Lewis by showing to his charity event and hogging the spotlight.

A true gentleman would have said, "Thank you Lewis but I am too big a star to attend. I don't want to take any of the attention away from you." That is what the non-diva would have said.

#257 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

People are real interesting in their opinions of pro athletes.

The fact is none of us really know anyone else.

Seems to me i recall that a lot of people thought OJ was just a great guy...probably because he had a media machine around him that hide the truth.

i don't know what Newton did or did not do and I don't care. The players in the NFL police their own in their own fashion.

I care that he is a good citizen by obeying laws and not embarrasing the city he represents, and I care that he tries to improve as a pro football player. What he does as a person, or not, is up to him.

The NFL is not a bunch of choir boys and not some grade B movie of do gooders....no different than any other part of society.

it's pretty ridiculous to expect altruism from a 23 year old.

#258 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

I believe this story 100%

With that said I could care less what players not on the panthers think of cam, he's not their teammate. And worse case scenario it's a lesson learned for Cam, something I think he's learning this that football teams have no room for a Diva and the sooner he learns it the better

I believe there is "some" truth to the story...but not the huge deal that Prisco was trying to make it out to be.

#259 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

I believe there is "some" truth to the story...but not the huge deal that Prisco was trying to make it out to be.

Dozens of writers and reports saying the same thing....Cam Fanboys say there is a consiludated conspiracy against Can.

More likely there is a bunch of truth to the claims.

Like someone else said....where there is this much smoke, there is usually fire.

Hmmmmmm...

#260 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Dozens of writers. . .all referencing one report. . .written by one imbecile. . .which I fully debunked earlier in this thread.

Yeah, I believe none of it.

#261 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Assuming any of this is true and that is a big assumption, most of these things were likely isolated and/or taken out of context.

If they were not however and Cam really is as big of a prick as this parrot is making out then I have this to say now and when it came out.

If Cam is trying to bring back the "I hate you, you're my competition" aspect to the game much like the league used to be as well as the NBA was in the 70's and 80's, I'm all for it and support him 100%.

If he is just that kind of guy then I'm indifferent. I don't have to hang out with him so if he's a dick, so what. Just win.

#262 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hmmmmmm...

Both of my statements are consistent.

Prisco is trying to make this out to be a situation where Cam is hated....where he is a cancer....none of which I think is true.

However, I do believe he came across as a bit of a diva and it rubbed some players the wrong way. Probably their way of just trying to put the rookie in his place a little.

My first post was saying how the true Cam Nuthuggers just won't believe that anything negative about their beloved may be true.

Getting a little of the cold treatment was probably good for him. Many young athletes who have great success get a little full of themselves. Part of the maturation process to get a little humble pie.

As I said. Some of the story is likely true....not as big a deal as Prisco is trying to make it.

#263 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,516 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

crap crapplle crapl.

Thanks for posting.
I needed your IP

Sry bout ur postzzz

Bant

#264 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Both of my statements are consistent.

So you think that:

"DOZENS of writers and reports... there is a BUNCH of truth to the claims... where there is THIS MUCH SMOKE, there is usually a FIRE"

Are statements perfectly consistent with:

"there is "SOME" truth to the story...but NOT THE HUGE DEAL that Prisco was trying to make it out to be".

OK.

:lol:

#265 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

So you think that:

"DOZENS of writers and reports... there is a BUNCH of truth to the claims... where there is THIS MUCH SMOKE, there is usually a FIRE"

Are statements perfectly consistent with:

"there is "SOME" truth to the story...but NOT THE HUGE DEAL that Prisco was trying to make it out to be".

OK.

:lol:

the smoke is all of the exaggerated claims.

Newton's went undefeated, won the Heisman, won a national championship, was drafted #1, then SURPASSED expectations for what a #1 pick QB should do in his first year. Seems like it'd be hard not to feel pretty good about yourself after that. Combine that with his immaturity and it would rub people the wrong way. It's not a big deal.

But there probably is some truth to it.

View it this way.

Newton is a diva butthole etc = smoke. N

ewton is a young, extremely talented player who might be a little arrogant or dismissive of the way things are in the NFL = fire.

OR

Steve Smith is a thug = smoke.

Steve Smith has a temper = fire.

Not that hard to see his point.

#266 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Wow I definitely did not expect this to stir this much response.

Prisco sure knows how to start a frenzy haha

#267 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

http://www.cbssports...during-pro-bowl

I'm just gonna leave this here

You can tell this is a lie because Cam and Ray Lewis are friends. Ray even said he was like his son.

Once again, a media BS story done to support the malicious attack piece their friend Nolan did on Cam.

#268 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

delete

#269 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Isn't funny how powerful our media truly is. They paint Cam in a negative light. Some automatically judge him and look for evidence to prove the media was right. Some is cautious of him, and some of the Panthers fan on this site are quite cynical of him.

RG III and Luck receives endles praises by the media. RG III's commercial is everywhere. Everyone wants to be their friend and nothing but positive stuff is said about them.

Cam's every move get scrutinize and painted as "IMMATURE" to fit the mold created for him by he media. RG and Luck every move gets spun into funny and shows their individual personalities in a positive light.

Yeah, tell me our media hasn't become way more powerful than should be allowed.

#270 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Isn't funny how powerful our media truly is. They paint Cam in a negative light. Some automatically judge him and look for evidence to prove the media was right. Some is cautious of him, and some of the Panthers fan on this site are quite cynical of him.

RG III and Luck receives endles praises by the media. RG III's commercial is everywhere. Everyone wants to be their friend and nothing but positive stuff is said about them.

Cam's every move get scrutinize and painted as "IMMATURE" to fit the mold created for him by he media. RG and Luck every move gets spun into funny and shows their individual personalities in a positive light.

Yeah, tell me our media hasn't become way more powerful than should be allowed.

You are absolutely 100% true on the power and influence that the media has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com