Unpopular Newton received rough treatment from other players during Pro Bowl

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#191 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Cam is an easy target.

Better that then taking on the ugly side of the NFL: domestic violence, not paying child support, drug use, violence against women they date, or you know, the reasons behind murders and carrying guns.

Much easier piece of script to write, a coddled, self-absorbed, narrcistic athelete who thinks he is all that has done nothing in the W column to make him have such a high opinion of himself.

I lived in the DC area for many years, I assure you there were never two more self-absorbed athletes than Sonny Jurgenson and Joe Theisman. One is beloved and one is detested. Sonny thought a lot of himself but hide it better than Theisman.

I don't know who Cam Newton is, none of us do, as face of the franchise I would hope he is not the things written; but, there are far more serious crimes. I can tolerate a big ego from a winner; but, I won't tolerate rape, murder, abuse from anyone. Some people in the NFL don't have such standards and that is a shame.

...but, yeah, write the little article about last year's Pro Bowl. It matters, it really really does.

#192 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMissouri
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm i the only one tired of hearing bad things about Cam

I can't believe 100 people who write all these different articles about Cam's bad behavior, can't all be wrong

I truly hope I am wrong because I like Cam, I believe he has a bright future, but i'm a Panthers fan first and if he

isn't the leader or player we all hope he could become, then we have to get rid of him in 2 years and start over.

For the love of god! If you are gonna troll, at least learn how to construct sentences!

#193 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

First of all, your opinion about sports writers means fugall in this discussion. Secondly, I doubt that "HEY GUYS!!!!! Peppers is really sick this year so run everything to his side!!!" is a good idea.

Reilly is a multiple award-winning sports writer. The guy was calling him a hack and using the Panthers PR dept as proof. If you want to compare reputations, you're going to lose.

Anyway, let's use your logic, is the reason the other reporters that were there didn't mention it because he's a black guy & they were afraid to offend him?... Or is it because they didn't get it out on Twitter first?

The other reporters weren't guests on Colin Cowherd's show that day. This wasn't a story written by Reilly, it was a snippet he shared with Cowherd when asked about Newton's reputation and if it was deserved or not. Kind of like the Randy Moss/Vikings fiasco where he ripped on the free food that was provided by a local restauranteur. That wasn't a story, it was an example of why Moss was so unpopular with his teammates, spoken by one of his teammates.

It must be since I was pointing out that Ray & Cam seem cool after this supposedly happened thus if it did happen it wasn't that big of a deal to him & you posted this poo.

Prisco never suggested that Lewis had a problem with Cam. He said that multiple players saw Cam bigtiming Lewis at the Pro Bowl and it upset THEM. Again, reading comprehension.

So you try to guilt trip instead of rebutting? LOL!

When someone invites you to their swimming pool do you piss in the pool?

#194 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Do you think Zod or anyone else for that matters really care about what you think?

Let him answer that.

#195 The Special One

The Special One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Chad Ochocinco doesn't get this much hate! And that motherfuger beat his damn wife!

#196 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

So I'm asking myself why the player who gave Prisco this information was afraid to be named?

I mean he's a pro-bowl caliber player, right? It's not like he's going to be cut or blacklisted for saying Cam was acting like a diva at the pro-bowl. Pro-bowl caliber players typically have no problem putting their name to something like this and have no problem saying it themselves.

I don't doubt that Cam can rub people the wrong way, but the timing of this particular story is interesting.

Ray Lewis says he wasn't dissed, which immediately discredits this whole story - but nobody wants to talk about that. What motivation would Ray Lewis have for protecting Cam?

#197 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

i hate myself for making this analogy but cam's entry into the league and the players' and fans' responses remind me a whole lot of jeff gordon's arrival into NASCAR in the mid-nineties

#198 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Because everyone knows who and what Ochocinco is all about. You hear so much about Cam because he has nut huggers who don't want to hear anything bad about him and have their fingers in their ears.

Cam's not a wife beater. He doesn't break any laws, so far as we know. He's clean cut. He's a great talent on the field. The debate is whether or not he is a leader and if he's a diva. But to question him on those two things is akin to calling him a wife beater to some people on here.

#199 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Here's another point: a lot of people have gone on the record as saying that Cam can come off a certain way the first time you meet him, but once you get to know him he's a funny, self-deprecating, goofy guy. Isn't it significantly likely that he made some bad first impressions with a few, especially considering you probably don't spend much time with the AFC crowd at the Pro Bowl activities?

#200 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Wow. The story has made USA Today. The writer, Chris Chase, has a few comments to Cam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users