• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#46 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Zod coming in with the well timed dynamite to blow the thread wide open lol, 20 pages here we come.

Don't know if its true. Can only say I heard it from a veteran member of the stadium security folks.

#47 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

The rest of the article I can see, but there are reasons for every action and reaction. I don't think Cam would show up "being a diva" for the sake of "being a diva". He's a kid, and he was a year younger in his first year in the league last year. He had a lot of individual success and made the probowl in year one. He was probably partly shocked and just wanted to soak it in. Probably just having fun with some guys. I mean, I look at it this way. Cam may very well view MOST of the rest of the league as his enemy. He has guys like Ray Lewis and some other QBs that I'm sure he's friendly with off the field, but for the most part, I think Cam has a "you're not my teammate" attitude....and while that isn't great for the probowl atmosphere, it's fan-freakin'-tastic for regular season/playoff football.

Quit looking at what the article is alleging and say, "OK, IF I take this as true...WHY would he act that way?" Because THAT is what is most important here.

#48 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

He might not even know that he's upsetting people.

I usually make bad initial impressions, for the first few days, because I come off as condescending. I have no idea how, or why - but I've been told this on multiple occasions.

#49 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

friend of mine was getting his hair cut when next to armanti edwards in NoDA, so he asks edwards "what the hell is wrong with the panthers?" his answer was "Cam is on one page and the receiver are on another" Cam only speaks to Rivera and Shula and thats it.

Does Armanti Edwards count as one of the receivers at this point?

So I guess that means LaFell was fibbing on 610 when he says he and Cam talk all the time and hang out outside of team functions.

#50 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

I usually make bad initial impressions, for the first few days, because I come off as condescending. I have no idea how, or why - but I've been told this on multiple occasions.

Me too, man. Me too.

#51 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Not saying its not true... But weird timing with this article. Why sit on this info for a year before writing the article? And then write it just as Cowherd came with his..

Oh Ray invited Cam to his summer camp thing so its not like they hate each other.

#52 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Don't know if its true. Can only say I heard it from a veteran member of the stadium security folks.

Do you really think someone wouldnt take 2 seconds to sign one football for the organization but would take a few hours out of the day to feed people?

#53 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,682 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Oh I don't doubt you.

Was this during last season or this season though? I think Cam has been humbled quite a bit this year.

#54 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

I experienced the same thing when i started my job, you can come off in a bad way towards people without really doing anything. Its bull poo but somehow i have managed to work thru it.

#55 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,386 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Does Armanti Edwards count as one of the receivers at this point?

So I guess that means LaFell was fibbing on 610 when he says he and Cam talk all the time and hang out outside of team functions.

It would seem to me that it would be impossible not to speak to your receivers but it does seem in line with peoples comments that during the game cam doesnt really speak to his receivers after a offensive possession

#56 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

If you come in and do what Cam did last year then of course people are going to want to get after you, also the games tend to get a little tighter towards the end when Cam entered. That being said I want my qb to have a lil jerk in him. That guy Aaron Rodgers is a bit of a jerk too. So is Jay Cutler, and a few others so what.

What I want to know is who is the *** that got all upset because Cam told him now is not the time. For god sakes your a grown man playing in the NFL. Now if he would have turned down kids that's different. Most players in the nfl say they don't directly ask anyway they set it up through a 3rd party. Who knows what the circumstances are, but understand if people see you signing one autograph everybody is going to want one and it can turn into a circus quickly.

#57 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

I will say that you can act like a diva as long as you back it up on the field... This year he has not backed it up, so thats why he's getting all the heat

I would say the coaching staff aint backed it up.

#58 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

I experienced the same thing when i started my job, you can come off in a bad way towards people without really doing anything. Its bull poo but somehow i have managed to work thru it.

Yep, I tend bar at a Golf Course clubhouse and work with a bunch of women. Apparently I upset them in some way that I have no idea I did, or was doing. I was told, through the grape vine, that it was because of the condescending thing - again. Anyhow, one of the girls went to a higher up in the management company that I work for and complained about me getting more hours than everyone else and how she couldn't believe that a Felon would be treated so good by the company. Turns out that this higher up didn't know about my record and I'm currently "temporarily suspended" until they "sort it out".

All the residents and customers love me. I got a big group email from the residents in a show of support, which was pretty awesome.

Load a crap.

#59 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Do you really think someone wouldnt take 2 seconds to sign one football for the organization but would take a few hours out of the day to feed people?

security guy totally has reason to lie about this to random sideline photographer...

that's way more probable.

#60 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

I would say the coaching staff aint backed it up.

I would agree... Amazing what happened from last year to now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com