272 replies to this topic

#91 GolfRasta

GolfRasta

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationPinehurst

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

I don't know about the Ray Lewis thing, but this definitely doesn't surprise me. It explains why the Defense seemed to kick it up a notch when Cam was in the game the 2nd half. I remember thinking to myself that they hardly even rush the passer in the Pro Bowl, but when Cam was in they were going all out.

#92 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Newsflash! Cam sometimes acts like a d!ck!

Fortunately for the NFL, there are only two players in the whole league that are disliked by their peers: Cam and Cutler. The other 1,694 players are universally loved.

Right?

#93 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Newsflash! Cam sometimes acts like a d!ck!

Fortunately for the NFL, there are only two players in the whole league that are disliked by their peers: Cam and Cutler. The other 1,694 players are universally loved.

Right?

Cam is no Cutler. Cutler is in his own league of douchebaggery haha

well done on the thread so far everybody!

#94 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,317 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

I don't know about the Ray Lewis thing, but this definitely doesn't surprise me. It explains why the Defense seemed to kick it up a notch when Cam was in the game the 2nd half. I remember thinking to myself that they hardly even rush the passer in the Pro Bowl, but when Cam was in they were going all out.

Wrong. They got ticked off about the onside kicks:

http://www.pressboxo...log.cfm?id=4399

#95 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,132 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Yep, I tend bar at a Golf Course clubhouse and work with a bunch of women. Apparently I upset them in some way that I have no idea I did, or was doing. I was told, through the grape vine, that it was because of the condescending thing - again. Anyhow, one of the girls went to a higher up in the management company that I work for and complained about me getting more hours than everyone else and how she couldn't believe that a Felon would be treated so good by the company. Turns out that this higher up didn't know about my record and I'm currently "temporarily suspended" until they "sort it out".

All the residents and customers love me. I got a big group email from the residents in a show of support, which was pretty awesome.

Load a crap.

That's what happens when you work with a bunch of women. I manage a kitchen and work a lot of women and they think I'm a dick because I except them to work. Can't tell you how many times they have gone to the boss and complained about me.

#96 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

sooo...

this article comes out as soon as Cam starts performing well on the field.

writer says it took so long to release because he wanted to make sure it was all true.

part of it has already been shot down.

source is mad because Cam didn't sign an autograph.

Cam is not the first player to not sign an autograph.

#97 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

I don't particularly care if he rubs people the wrong way - newsflash kids are assholes sometimes and he's still a kid.

I care that he gets with a proper coaching staff and gets his mechanics under control. I care that he continues to improve.

Everyone who is offended by him somehow can get bent. Playing nice with others will come with age and maturity for him.

#98 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

I think teh Jimmez is the one who didn't sign the ball because they didn't want his signature to bring down the value of the ball.

#99 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Love how Gantt said it:

Newton’s a big boy, and doesn’t need defending. But as the first pick in the 2011 draft, it’s been open season on the kid since he walked through the doors at the combine. And the fact he’s playing for a team in a tailspin only makes him an easier target.

He carries himself differently than some players, and he’s made some questionable decisions (“entertainer and icon,” unveiling a clothing line after a bad loss, etc.). But according to multiple co-workers with the Panthers, players and front office alike, he’s made a conscious effort to present a different image this season, even as coaches try to press him into a leadership role that he may not be ready for.

He’s also played more efficiently of late, not that you’d notice. He’s accounted for eight touchdowns with no turnovers the last three games, and 12 touchdowns and two turnovers the last five. So while there’s a perceived sophomore slump, he’s actually playing better lately, as the team sags around him.

The Panthers are in the middle of an avalanche that’s going to result in many changes in that organization, from top to bottom.

But guys taking shots at him for his behavior almost a year ago seems as misplaced as folks in Charlotte who were all in a bunch because he put a towel over his head earlier this year.

http://profootballta...-at-cam-newton/

#100 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

The diva football has been officially handed off from Smitty to Cam. And there are thousands of fans who care not how the superstar treats people because...well, he's a superstar, and Charlotte needs to learn how to handle one. Sad. Soon as he leaves for greener pastures every one of you will turn on him, too.

#101 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

really like that Gantt article

#102 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,686 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

The diva football has been officially handed off from Smitty to Cam. And there are thousands of fans who care not how the superstar treats people because...well, he's a superstar, and Charlotte needs to learn how to handle one. Sad. Soon as he leaves for greener pastures every one of you will turn on him, too.

yeah just like steve bailed on us right

#103 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,507 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

I won't. I don't think he'll leave, but Cam has become my favorite player. I don't bad mouth Peppers, and he left. In fact, he's still one of my favorite players. I won't bad mouth or turn on Cam if he leaves.

#104 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

I watched the Pro Bowl for longer than 3 and a half minutes last year particularly to watch Cam.

There is without a doubt in my mind that the defensive players were going after him. I noticed it from the get go.

This is just another reason to abolish the probowl. If he gets voted to it this year I'd be fine with him simply saying "no, thanks"

#105 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Yeah with out a doubt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com