272 replies to this topic

#121 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

I mean no one ever looks at the positive stuff, like how he apologized to his team mates a few weeks ago for his poor demeanor, I don't see that coming from the national media or zod's locker room sources.

If I kill your dog will you praise me after if I say sorry? Don't have piss poor demeaner to begin with and then you don't have to say sorry.

#122 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

All the ranting for multiple pages about controversial topics means more hits for the site.

Zod knows this, and gives a nudge here and there.

#123 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

I wonder if he received any votes for captain of the team? RG3 did

Nice. Pretty sure we already had an endlessly long thread about that already.

#124 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Cam does seem like a jerk or a stuck up asshole but he hasn't committed any crimes or had any night club incidents etc.

I'm fine with that as long as he keeps it legal and plays well.

I'm not friends with him so I don't care how his personality is as long as his play can win us games.

#125 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,332 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

I got old Petey to respond a bit, until he blocked me, of course.

@PriscoCBS Cam story is load of manure. 1) Cam spent offseason with Ray, they played paintball in B'more. 2) AFC got ticked at onside kicks

@PriscoCBS 3) Guarantee you not one source would attach their names to your story. 4) ARod backed Cam, called out NFC. They hate Cam too?

@PriscoCBS In short, I just did your job for you. But then again, so could roadkill.

@ElijahHorton Yeah, moron. I made it up.

@PriscoCBS No, you juvenile, you wrote a story based on the ramblings of a bunch of athletes only bold enough to trash behind anonymity.

@PriscoCBS And what's the journalistic function of the article? "Hey, this is why I think a fake game from months ago featured fake drama."

@PriscoCBS That tells the reading public. . .what exactly? If everything is absolutely true, it tells them, "Hey, Cam can be a jerk too."

@ElijahHorton Whatever.

@PriscoCBS Ah, the standard response of teenage girls and outwitted pseudo-journos everywhere. Next time you decide to do your job...do it.

@ElijahHorton By the way, I have no problem with Cam at all. Always been nice to me.

@PriscoCBS I would be surprised if that continues. Did you call him about the story?

@ElijahHorton See ya

#126 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,964 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

people have a better opinion of players who rack up DUIs and routinely get in strip club brawls than a dude who performs a superman gesture between scoring a touchdown and tossing the ball to a young fan.

#127 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Cam does seem like a jerk or a stuck up asshole but he hasn't committed any crimes or had any night club incidents etc.

I'm fine with that as long as he keeps it legal and plays well.

I'm not friends with him so I don't care how his personality is as long as his play can win us games.

I think he has some positive things going for him but as a leader Hurney put it best we don't have one.
Like it or not most of your great qbs are at least good leaders.

#128 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,013 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

I was told that every year the stadium security staff has a ball signed by all the players. Last year all signed it except for one player. I'll leave it at that.

Well there went my eternal optimism

#129 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

I think he has some positive things going for him but as a leader Hurney put it best we don't have one.
Like it or not most of your great qbs are at least good leaders.

I don't really consider Eli Manning a great leader. He was known for his "awww shucks" attitude and non shalant demeanor.

2 SBs later....and don't try to say he isn't a great player either.

#130 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,435 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Its well timed dynamite except to people that don't believe everything they hear/read.

Or those who completely refuse to believe anything negative about Cam...even though similar stories have come from multiple sources.

#131 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,446 posts

If I kill your dog will you praise me after if I say sorry? Don't have piss poor demeaner to begin with and then you don't have to say sorry.

ok well 1. cam didn't kill anyone's dog (im sure plenty think he did, though) and 2. i never said what he did was right but if you don't own up to what you did and apologize im pretty sure that will make things a lot worse.. but i guess what cam did was such an unforgivable act of hatred towards humanity that he cant ever be forgiven, am i right?

#132 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,964 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

I don't really consider Eli Manning a great leader. He was known for his "awww shucks" attitude and non shalant demeanor.

he wasn't really all that nonchalant about being drafted by a team he and his father deemed unworthy

#133 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,252 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

I got old Petey to respond a bit, until he blocked me, of course.

Great stuff.

#134 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Not sure when it was filmed, im guessing over the summer. But Ray Lewis had like a behind the scenes show on NFL Network and he invited Cam to go paint balling with him during one of the segments. They were having a lot of fun and their relationship seemed genuine. Doesnt seem like Ray would act like that to someone that just blew him off.

I love me some Cam, but he isnt perfect. He does have some growing up to do. But im still very excited about Cam future and the future of this team.

#135 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

If he is not a good leader why do the players vote him a captain?Manning is a very good leader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com