Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Lesser Discussed HC Candidates

32 posts in this topic

Posted

JR did not hire Acorsi so he could simply hire another DC, everything is on the table.

It would not surprise me at all if we went for a guy with more of an offensive background.

Wouldn't surprise me either. There's some interesting names out there on that end of things as I mentioned in Roman, Arians, and Dennison. I was trying to consider that AHC type.

Posted

Both of these guys are viable candidates and should be part of the process.

"The process" is the new "it is what it is". RR ruined that one for me...

2 people like this

Posted

"The process" is the new "it is what it is". RR ruined that one for me...

We'll evaluate things as we move forward with potential candidates accordingly

Posted

Carolina Seahawks

Posted

no more DCs or defensive coaches, please.

and no OL coaches.

and no relics.

thanks.

Posted

JR did not hire Acorsi so he could simply hire another DC, everything is on the table.

It would not surprise me at all if we went for a guy with more of an offensive background.

JR didn't hire Acorsi to have anything to do with hiring a HC. He's helping to hire a GM.

Posted

JR didn't hire Acorsi to have anything to do with hiring a HC. He's helping to hire a GM.

Not only this but just because JR hired him doesn't mean he won't give him limitations and have the final say, unfortunatley.

Posted

If I recall when the news came about Acorsi it was said he would be evaluating the organization as a whole as well.

Obviously in searching for a GM he will look for a guy with the particular skill set and plan he feels fits our franchise that can be paired with a certain type of head coach. Hiring a good GM is pointless if we hire another lousy HC.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's all true and well, but the point is I don't think Acorsi will be making any recommendations on hiring a HC. That'll be up to the guy Acorsi does recommend.

Posted

I think it's time to go down the path less traveled for this organization... Time to get out of our comfort zone.....we have been a loser franchise....open the box up....mix it up

Shaw

Posted

I know his first go round as a head coach wasnt the best but Mike Nolan should get a second chance as he has taken the Atl greasefire Of a defense and got that secondary to step up.

Posted

no more DCs or defensive coaches, please.

and no OL coaches.

and no relics.

thanks.

Kinda limiting yourself there

And I think it's silly that people are letting Rivera dictate their feelings toward hiring a coordinator

And surprising no one commented on the whole right hand man/assistant HC position. Thought that would steer discussion especially for these two guys.

Everyone seems to be setting themselves up for a letdown and its only December. Highly unlikely we're getting either Kelly or Shaw, or Dungy, or Gruden for that matter. You gotta be a little realistic people.