Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Am I going crazy/Strange Concerns... (Prepping)

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#91 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,189 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

your peace of mind is important and is worth a cost to a point.....don't go crazy spending all sorts of money on this stuff. Not bad to be prepared, bad to sacrifice for something that statistically probably won't happen.

#92 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Lol, watch there be a surge in doomsday prepping nationwide now...

With a hit zombie show on now, a couple of zombie movies, virus reports/movies, and shows like Doomsday Preppers, people are gonna start getting paranoid. Case and point, this thread.

My question is, what exactly are you preparing for?

#93 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

And FWIW, I stocked up on guns and ammo.
Started doing Urban Farming....and I have seeds to continue growing crops. I also taught myself how to can and pickle foods.

#94 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Also, am I the only one who reads Fukushima as *** u shima...
...who's shima :(

#95 Shlomo

Shlomo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

I've been steadily adding to my spank-bank in the event that access to the internet is cut off

#96 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,293 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

i see kurb has been taking my 2014 cryptic posts from time to time seriously.

ya gotta be VERY contrarian when it comes to this. the social disorder philly mentions to me is hands down the paradigm shift if something bad happens. homework. study peoples tendancies when something bad happens like a hurricane etc. watch the news and just pay attention. what are the common jam ups? what causes skrimishes etc? basics. food and gas.

but if big things happen, you will have to avoid crowds and running with the pack for at least the first 6-9 months. have your share of supplies and stuff you may never think of. from a good ole can opener to eye glasses to basic first aid kit stuff to wire cutters you name it. at some point you will have to break into or OUT of something. better have the tools.

you know what plants you can or can't eat? which ones produces water?

if you can go somewhere and hole up for that 6 month or so window, you then get a better idea of who is left, who is in charge and who wants power. you also see who else was prepared as well as who has water. which will be mucho more precious than gold.

that means coastal towns will be over run. you will want to be at least 5-7 miles from a water source.

also, good idea to have a cb radio or two way. fema will own cell reception and bandwidth so your cool phone and apps might not last long.

don't expect your gps on your phone to help for too long. not to mention it will allow those in power to know your whereabouts.

contrarians win. im telling you.

#97 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,681 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

I'm curious about this map... maps are kinda my thing...

One thing I notice right off is that there are two marks right near me in ILM. Now we do have the Brunswick Nuke Plant right across the river here, but not sure what the other mark is for? Maybe the GE plant in Castle Hayne? They have nuke facilities but no reactor that I'm aware of.

Haven't read the other pages, but could it have something to do with Sunny Point?

#98 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,115 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

question is, can you do it all before decemeber 21st?

#99 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

wrong

ummm...been in the business my whole life! I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about!

#100 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Damnit pstall don't riddle me...

#101 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,613 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Haven't read the other pages, but could it have something to do with Sunny Point?

I don't think so, they have munitions but I don't think they have any nukes there.

Klong said its the nuclear stuff at GE and Floppin said its because there are two units at Brunswick...

I think its a shitty map.

#102 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Lol, watch there be a surge in doomsday prepping nationwide now...

With a hit zombie show on now, a couple of zombie movies, virus reports/movies, and shows like Doomsday Preppers, people are gonna start getting paranoid. Case and point, this thread.

My question is, what exactly are you preparing for?

Better question what are you preparing for?

#103 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

I am preparing for an EMP. One could hit at any moment from the sun and take out all our electric.

If our electric goes, we be fugged for the year it would take to fix it.

#104 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

ummm...been in the business my whole life! I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about!

You realize the fukushima reactors blew up because they didnt get adequate cooling water because their emergency generators flooded , electrical gear was flooded and they couldnt run their pumps, right?

#105 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

yes I realize that...the original statement was that these facilities are designed to safe themselves in the event of a power outage...we didn't discuss abnormal situations like flooding, terrorism and other catastrophic failures. My comment was aimed at total power failure only

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.