65 replies to this topic

#11 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMatthews, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

He got elected with the promise he would make sure the rich paid their share. He's just doing what the people want, which is the majority of the country (I know, not a large majority though but sitll).

#12 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

He got elected with the promise he would make sure the rich paid their share. He's just doing what the people want, which is the majority of the country (I know, not a large majority though but sitll).

He's also wanting the office of the presidency to have unilateral power to raise the debt limit. Was that part of his election promise?

#13 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

i thought it was McConnell who proposed that

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

It was...he was calling Reid's bluff. Sad that Reid is so willing to abrogate his congressional responsibilites. But he's done that for 4 years now through no budget. Reid, senate democrats, are the most useless individuals on the hill.

#15 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• LocationMatthews, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

He's also wanting the office of the presidency to have unilateral power to raise the debt limit. Was that part of his election promise?

I don't remember that, but that's the point. Unless the republicans are willing to raise the taxes on the rich, it's not going to fly, and that WAS promised. To this date I haven't heard of the republicans bringing a plan to Obama that allows the rich to pay more. Maybe I'm mistaken though.....

#16 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

I don't remember that, but that's the point. Unless the republicans are willing to raise the taxes on the rich, it's not going to fly, and that WAS promised. To this date I haven't heard of the republicans bringing a plan to Obama that allows the rich to pay more. Maybe I'm mistaken though.....

What do you think happens when certain deductions are removed and loopholes closed?

#17 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• LocationMatthews, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

What do you think happens when certain deductions are removed and loopholes closed?

That needs to happen AND, they need to pay their share, not more, but their share. NOT %14 or less. That is the issue. Until they are paying what the rest of the country is, in terms of %, no less no more, then I doubt he budges. So yes, removing loopholes and whatnot will get it closer to the goal, it's only half of the issue.

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

It was...he was calling Reid's bluff. Sad that Reid is so willing to abrogate his congressional responsibilites. But he's done that for 4 years now through no budget. Reid, senate democrats, are the most useless individuals on the hill.

They're not the ones fillibustering their own proposals.

#19 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Then you should support a flat tax.

#20 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

They're not the ones fillibustering their own proposals.

An amendment was presented yesterday that was Obama's fiscal cliff plan. Reid objected and did not bring the amendment to a vote. It happens both ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users